Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic tiger officially back!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dónal wrote: »
    I'll raise you a hot tub.

I see your hot tub and raise a patio heater outside my Bulgarian apartment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It's taking a lot of us longer than most to grasp the concept of recessions and booms, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

It's taking a lot of us longer than most to grasp the concept of recessions and booms, isn't it?

Lol hiring the same idiots who caused a recession it from an operational level into similar companies is a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see that fooooking USC tax taken off me payslip. Till then, there ain't no tiger back.
    Getting rid of the usc will cost the exchequer in the order of €2.5 billion. But luckily Ireland dosnt need that kind of money for building social housing, healthcare, education and infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

BURN THE BONDHOLDERS!! :mad:.....oh oops sorry 6 years too early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm hoping it's back.

I'm 21, finishing college in 9 months and I want to enjoy it then buy a house when it crashes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see that fooooking USC tax taken off me payslip. Till then, there ain't no tiger back.

USC won't be going anywhere, despite the soundbites.. it'll simply be absorbed into PAYE/PRSI so your net amount on your payslip won't look any different in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

I'm leaving the country because people are becoming idiotic. We are the most silly and rude nation in the world when we get a bit of money

I'll come back when there's a recession, everything's cheaper. And get joy out of the tears of the idiots.

The same idiots that are going to buy into the hype now are the ones that will be on primetime and Joe Duffy complaining about the unfairness of it all when things inevitably go bust in a couple of years. Absolute twat monkeys of the highest order.

Lol hiring the same idiots who caused a recession it from an operational level into similar companies is a recipe for disaster.

Voting the same idiots is as bad. We are all to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't believe the Tiger is back for a minute. Every day I see young wans about town with rips and holes in their jeans. If people can't even afford patches -- never mind new jeans -- how can the recession be over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    The same idiots that are going to buy into the hype now are the ones that will be on primetime and Joe Duffy complaining about the unfairness of it all when things inevitably go bust in a couple of years. Absolute twat monkeys of the highest order.

They have no excuses this time and I will no sympathy for them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

A lot of people are been brainwashed into believing the government and banks are to blame for every flaw in there life. I am no fan of either, but some personal responsibility would be nice. Its nearly as tedious as listening to the Brits blaming immigration for everything. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It seems this latest bout of it in Dublin is partly driven by the prospect of Brexit. There seems to be a lot of people banking on the Brits not coming to their senses. :pac:

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Voting the same idiots is as bad. We are all to blame.

I'd agree but we don't have great choices.. FF/FG (not much difference really, except one is more populist and the other more arrogant), SF (who think people here care about Northern Ireland as a key issue), LAB (who proved to be FG-lite last time so they could get into power), or the alphabet soup of left-wingers and one-issue "Independents" who are often FF/FG cast-offs anyway.

But, seeing as we have (at EU/global level) actually fixed nothing in terms of our political and financial system, and seeing as how our economy is entirely at the mercy of "the market", the next crash is inevitable and will be much harder.

If you are a PAYE worker you might not have sympathy but you sure as hell will pay for them.

jimgoose wrote: »
    It seems this latest bout of it in Dublin is partly driven by the prospect of Brexit. There seems to be a lot of people banking on the Brits not coming to their senses. :pac:

The EU is far from stable though either.. more countries wanting to leave, growing distrust and cynicism from the electorate about the whole idea (resulting in several close elections already and of course Brexit) and the lack of transparency or accountability, and of course things like the migration situation and terror attacks don't help.

As I've said before, it should have stayed in it's previous EEC format. It's when the leaders started getting political notions that the wheels started to come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    ...it should have stayed in it's previous EEC format. It's when the leaders started getting political notions that the wheels started to come off.

You're not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I'm hoping it's back.

I'm 21, finishing college in 9 months and I want to enjoy it then buy a house when it crashes again.

You had better hurry up and save. When the last crash happened, the banks didn't give out mortgages. It's only in the last couple of years that they started lending properly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

67e.jpg

Advertisement