Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBay @ Home Customer Experience Teammate

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThreeQuestions

Shunter25 wrote: »
    This is an absolutely ridiculous process, being ongoing since November finally had the live interview yesterday and seemed to go very well, got a generic email today telling me I was unsuccessful, delighted I didn’t get it now as I wouldn’t want to work for a company that acts like this, they would really want to review their recruitment process.

Hi Shunter25, sorry to hear you weren't successful, I don't know why there's so few companies that will give an honest assessment of why they didn't pick you. The lack of communication in rejection is what makes it hurt (and maybe really wanting the job), but you'd think their communication would be a bit better, considering that it's a customer service role and especially for such a long process, it's just guaranteed to T people off when it doesn't work out.

It's weird to say, but I had a kind of refreshing rejection for a job I applied for recently, where the recruiter said just 'we liked you, but other person had more experience', and at least that was enough for a bit of closure, still felt bad of course, but that was enough to not feel like I messed up, don't have to think about every little thing you may or may not have done wrong.

Most companies won't even do that.

Another role I applied for is "Customer Success Guru" with Shopify, it's a similar role to this one, you should consider applying. It's also remote support. I didn't get it, and like you I thought the interview went well, but didn't get to the next stage. But their interview process is a little bit different, no competency based questions, so when they reject you, it feels like they don't like you as a person, which definitely hurts. But at least the rejection is a little more personal, they do it over the phone. And that can't be an easy job for the recruiters.

Anyways, when one door closes, another will open.

Best of luck in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emerald_isle

Hello everyone,

Any news regarding the new @home starting dates?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nollaig777719

Tradaree wrote: »
    Hi guys

I was one of the new hires for this position, would be glad to answer any questions people may have in private message if you would like :)

Hi Tradaree! I am new to this, so not sure how can I send you a private message... If you let me know how I would really appreciate it!

I am tempted to apply for this position as it has been advertised again recently and I was wondering how are you finding your experience of working with them and would also have a few questions about rota, which channels do you use, etc...

Would be very happy to hear about your experience so far as that would help me in deciding if I should apply or not!

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 em18

Mrscooper2 wrote: »
    Yes, me too.. Trying not to be dissapointed the week before Christmas but I suppose there's no good time to hear it. Went to register for any future vacancies as suggested, only to see the job still available and with part time positions?! Ah well..
    How are you guys doing with the new position?

Hey! I am so sorry for jumping on here but I was wondering if you could tell me what eBays HR email was? I've applied for this role (new recruitment drive it seems) and I have some questions. I've looked everywhere for a contact but can't find one! I really hope you can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kennykenken1

Hi guys,

I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone actually working at Home as a Home-based eBay Customer service rep and could let me know what it is actually like working from home for them. I have passed the first two assessment phases and want to know what the job was really like on a day to day basis as I love the idea of working from home etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sineadt

Hi

Also bumping this thread as I am thinking of applying as the roles are being re-advertised. I am just wondering how did the people that got the jobs got on and would they recommend working for them. Also, I would love to know how the target system works. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TRANSFORMATION

Hi, I've applied for this job a week ago. The status is under consideration.
    Can anyone tell me how long the process takes or what's involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 OneQ

For anyone working in Home Customer Experience role - can you explain what Pension plan is provided for these roles ? thanks

Advertisement