Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going on holidays in August?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

To Inismor yayyyyyyy with the new bf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Stock up on hand cream before you go :pac:

That's a hard core tip right there.

Any recommendations?

It will need to be of the right viscosity so that I wont need to bring loads (As I'll be riding) but still "Do the Job"

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'll be taking a short week long break to head to the Swiss Alps to take on a few of the more challenging hiking trails.

It's truly beautiful this time of year. The clean alpine air, the blue open skies, the colourful wild mountain flowers in bloom, the splendid vistas of awe-inspiring mountains folding as far as the eye can see.

I always try and incorporate vigorous physical activity in to my sojourns. It is certainly better for the soul than the depressing package holidays most people here go on. Ambling around some concrete monstrosity of a beach resort in their soccer jerseys guzzling cheap Spanish lager and dining in restaurants with pictures on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I'll be taking a short week long break to head to the Swiss Alps to take on a few of the more challenging hiking trails.

It's truly beautiful this time of year. The clean alpine air, the blue open skies, the colourful wild mountain flowers in bloom, the splendid vistas of awe-inspiring mountains folding as far as the eye can see.

I always try and incorporate vigorous physical activity in to my sojourns. It is certainly better for the soul than the depressing package holidays most people here go on. Ambling around some concrete monstrosity of a beach resort in their soccer jerseys guzzling cheap Spanish lager and dining in restaurants with pictures on the menu.

But its the the moneyspinner created by the bland depressing resort monstrosity tack of the tack banal mundane holiday places that ultimately keep your supermega global conglomerate hedge fund investment stress 200 hours a week glass building office jobs going.

Its exactly the feckless soccer-jersey wearing lad pouring his money into said resort place for cheap pints of swill that enables the thinking man to go for a nice stroll in the Alps and more importantly, the resort serves as a magnet to draw these uncooth, unspecial, uncuddleworthy mongrels in to keep them well clear of the Alps and hopefully get them drunk enough to not remember there's such a thing as an Alp lest they ever be tempted to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Heading over to San Francisco in a few weeks, staying there for 3 days with some friends who are living there, then hiring a care and driving down the Pacific Coast highway to LA then onto Vegas, bliss! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Camping overnight in Redcross, Wicklow tomorrow. Been on a few breaks already this year.

Advertisement