Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rule Breakages

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    well played drumpot. i'd personall like to see to you again, you add good spice to the game, but i had u pegged as drumpot from very early lol...

I think we all did :P
    i probably give myself away in posting sytle too btw, so shouldnt be throwing stones in this greenhouse!

Didn't twig you at all though.
    Looks like I missed a pretty interesting game! :eek:

Nah, pretty uneventful really ..... :) :P

Also, i wasn't aware we'd a Strawberry cub on the way - congrats :)

We haven't!!!!!!!

Damn you, uriel.

Oh. Soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Drumpot wrote: »
    I haven't a clue why I kept typing your name in Caps... It's like how I flush the toilet before I am finished peeing. Just got into a habit for no reason I can explain!

Every time I saw ISLA in all caps I thought of ISIS - for a while I wondered was it a subtle attempt to turn us against Isla. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

tritium wrote: »
    Every time I saw ISLA in all caps I thought of ISIS - for a while I wondered was it a subtle attempt to turn us against Isla. :)

You mean isis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

We haven't!!!!!!!

Damn you, uriel.

:D:D:D:D:

:o:o:o:o:o:

:P:P:P:P:P:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

You mean isis

No ISIS the bad guys

Not Isis the loveable Egyptian homage to womanhood

Nor any of these
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(disambiguation)

:p

tritium wrote: »
    No ISIS the bad guys

Not Isis the loveable Egyptian homage to womanhood

Nor any of these
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(disambiguation)

:p

Isis the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

i probably give myself away in posting sytle too btw, so shouldnt be throwing stones in this greenhouse!

At one point of another keith i had you down on my spreadhseet as a possibility for nearly every anon account

not that it really mattered who was who but i had to take a stab at it to make me feel clever post-game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Don't ever leave again :(

*blush*

Just finished reading the game thread. Unfortunate how it went down. I am glad I stepped away for a few games though. I needed the break. Think ye defo made the right call, don't think it was salvagable. Me and Cross had a similar situation and the choice was stop, restart or let it play, but I don't think our issue was as game breaky as ye. Tough call, I really felt for ye. Dunno if ye saw some of our mod room from that game but I was like an unleashed demon at the thought of a restart. Hopefully it doesn't put ye (or the next modulators) off.

Someone mentioned it earlier, and I think I said something after our game too, but I think posting the rules the day or two before is great. Maybe have a pre game discussion thread where people can ask questions or bring up game breaky things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

quickbeam wrote: »
    I think we all did :P

Didn't twig you at all though.

Nah, pretty uneventful really ..... :) :P

Also, i wasn't aware we'd a Strawberry cub on the way - congrats :)

Lol. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Mod

After discussion on the boards moderator forum we need to remind folk of the "attack the post, not the poster" and the boards.ie terms of service in the use of language.

I know things got heated. I know that emotions were high on all sides. But we can't allow any personal abuse in the subforum.

This is a first/final warning. Any further/future outbursts will be carded, and access to the sub forum may be revoked.

Any questions/comments PM me, don't respond on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm sorry,
    I know I flew of the handles a bit back there, which some folk may have perceived as me being overly aggressive and personally abusive towards some folks. I'll try not to let it happen again and will accept any punishment handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

We'll see you at beers ya rascal

We'll see you at beers ya rascal

When's beers?

@Vale, refer to beers thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm sure people know that I didn't report anyone or anything and I'm glad the mods are able to simply give a warning
    I probably deserved what was said and I've apologised to those that were running the game but I'd like to apologise to the rest of ye
    I am a little bit crazy and this particular forum often makes me forget to keep myself in check

I DONT DONIT ON PURPOSE AND INDONT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TONDONFOR ONE SECOND TO THE NEXT

I liked how drunpot said that he gets soo into the charachter and into the game that he gets carried away, I relate the that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've been away for a while and look what happens.

I haven't read the game thread so I'm going to be like the HSE and not comment on individual cases :)

But in general, for me, Strawbs hit the nail on the head with the quote below.
    Guys, what brought us all together in the first place? Do you remember? It was a random post by jayop in AH "hey, who wants to play some weird game called werewolf?"

I didn't even play that game but I watched. It was confusing, you got to kill people, it made me laugh, I was shocked. IT WAS FUN! I was hooked.

Does any of that sound familiar? I think it does. Otherwise, there wouldn't be the change of plans setup, monthly games, our own forum here with special privileges no other members seem to have. We are invested in this game. Why? Because we're having fun.

Or that's what we should be doing.

I'm no good at coming up with a theme or modding and I'm a pretty crap player lol. I understand that a serious amount of commitment goes into planning and running a game. Look at the threads months before someone takes up the mod role and how excited they are about their game. I'm excited for them and my commitment, should I sign up, is to post as often as I can, play fair and have a laugh with my buddy's (then kill them).

I'm sorry I know I'm rambling.

The first anon game we played on CoP I noticed a glitch. A big glitch tbh. Few hours into the game and I had 2 wolves I was on team good. I double checked my suspicions and thought about it for another 10 or so minutes. This info could win the game for the village if I sit on it and try and get some doubts going on them. But I will have done f all sleuthing to find these 2 wolves. Nah, the guys have worked so hard setting all this up for me to not tell them. Looks like this will be a good game for everyone. I'll send em a message, pull out of the game for the sake of everyone.

And that's what I did. That's how invested I am in us and our game. I'm not in it to win it if winning isn't fun.

On phone, dunno what crap I've written above but it's from my heart to all of you, my weird werewolf buddy's. Remember why we came here. Remember fun x

The way I see it is simple. It's down to integrity. Don't look at the game rules and think "how can I use this to my (teams) advantage". Instead, look at the rule, determine the spirit of the rule, then, use the rule, the spirit and your own honest integrity to use it to your advantage.

It really is that simple.

My comments are general and not specific to any game - especially ones I haven't read as I was too busy climbing in hills in Spain and getting sunburnt. :o

Advertisement