Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmets??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Nerds aren't allowed on motorbikes.

D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

You have to get a proscription visor

Not sure if joking :-)

Specs are grand on a bike, once you stick them on when trying out the fit and they don't press on your head too much.

Only other thing to look after is fogging. There are a number of sprays and so on you can get for both visor and glasses, I have one called klar-pilot that I swear by, used it before I even rode bikes for other sweaty/steamy activities...

Also, pinlock pinlock pinlock. Can't recommend it enough, most higher end lids come with it and it can be retrofitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

definitely joking I wear glasses but mostly contact lenses on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

galwaytt wrote: »
    ^^^^ this.
    I can't get into an Arai or Shoei at all, but can an AGV, Schuberth or Shark (currently on Shark #2). But the best fitting one ive ever had,and most comfortable I've ever had was also the cheapest....a Nitro. ACU Gold Star rated too. €125 locally.
    Fit is everything.

Go up to Crossans and get custom fitted for an Arai. Amelia or Seany will see you right in Crossans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I have a HJC RPHA10 Ben Spies helmet and also a carbon X-Lite 802r helmet.

Hjc is a heavier helmet and its not too noisy.
    Problem is that HJC have stopped making visors for them now,so they will be hard to get from now on.

The X-Lite is super light and aerodynamic,good when tucked down over the tank. But its noisy on the ears.

Im a small in the HJC but im a medium in the X-Lite.

I bought the X-lite online from a German store,i went with small but it was too tight.
    They took it back for me and sent me out a medium at no extra cost.

If buying online,make sure the seller accepts returns and has a good review base too.

Oh and Pinlock all the way.
    I hate those internal sunvisor helnets.
    Just a personal choice on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I don't think I'll go for a sun visor next time I never use it.

my next helmet I want to get someone to fit me properly for it and to pad the top so my eye line is better when leant over.. not sure what bands you can do that with but I couldn't afford an 800 euro arai

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

definitely joking I wear glasses but mostly contact lenses on the bike

LOL. Reminds me of a Billy Connolly sketch where he convinced his dad that prescription windshields were a thing.

I wear glasses and in the winter they fogged up until I got a mouth guard:

http://respro.com/store/product/foggy-mask

Advertisement