Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered post lost by an post

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

as a percentage it is tiny. Have you complained about misdelivered items?

As an absolute figure, it's not.

Complaints went nowhere, ended up moving anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'm about to fire in a complaint to An Post about their crappy registered signed for post service.

My wife sent a bank cheque (I didn't know she was doing it) to her daughter in the UK and registered it in the post office. The claimed delivery time on the an post website was 3 days ago at around midnight. The letter actually arrived 4.30 yesterday just stuck through the letter box with no signature.

My argument is that isn't the service she paid €8 for so I'm going to ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

my3cents wrote: »
    I'm about to fire in a complaint to An Post about their crappy registered signed for post service.

My wife sent a bank cheque (I didn't know she was doing it) to her daughter in the UK and registered it in the post office. The claimed delivery time on the an post website was 3 days ago at around midnight. The letter actually arrived 4.30 yesterday just stuck through the letter box with no signature.

My argument is that isn't the service she paid €8 for so I'm going to ask for a refund.

An Post will send you it no problem, in stamps.

ED E wrote: »
    An Post will send you it no problem, in stamps.

Good point but thats fine by me. Last time I got a refund when they screwed up it was a cheque but that was for about €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

my3cents wrote: »

That's actually a Royal Mail failure at the delivery point in the UK and are you sure that's actually a delivery time on the An Post website ( any time I've ever seen around midnight on the website is just a registered letter going through the DMC or arriving at a local office .)

Saying that I agree they should give you back the registered portion and they should claim off the Royal Mail for failure of service

• Advertisement

SPDUB wrote: »
    That's actually a Royal Mail failure at the delivery point in the UK and are you sure that's actually a delivery time on the An Post website ( any time I've ever seen around midnight on the website is just a registered letter going through the DMC or arriving at a local office .)

Saying that I agree they should give you back the registered portion and they should claim off the Royal Mail for failure of service

Well its a mess, whoever delivered it claims to have left a non one in note at around 3.30pm on the second which no one at the address has seen and then at about 4.30pm the item was delivered through the letter box.

Heard nothing back from An Post yet but I'll follow and post back here with the result.

Advertisement