Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Time to Die **Spoilers from post #1449 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

In the trailer Malek is wearing a *Noh mask...which gives more credence to the Dr No theories.

*Sorry if a previous poster has already mentioned this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

On her Majestys secret service as a Bond film is a fantastic film - it's a pity Lazenby is a terrible Bond, they should remake it with Sean Connerys face CGI'd in ... ;)

Lazenby was superb physically , really great fight scenes in that movie , its probably the best bond movie of them all , i do love thunderball however

i love bond full stop !

Craig tries too hard to look tough as Bond.
    Constantly poefaced and rarely smiles ,its not very convincing.

I much prefer Daltons portrayal of Bond,he could combine the hardness and the softness .
    He was very charming when he needed to be unlike Craig.

i like craig , Dalton was very under rated however , he is a good actor full stop . sean connery is not an actor with much range but like clint eastwood or michael caine , he doesnt need to

MillField wrote: »
    I will always maintain A View To A Kill is an underrated gem.

oh no , its awful but walken is great in it

pixelburp wrote: »
    Underrated, but like The Irishman, suffers from its lead looking far too old; just checking now, and Moore was 57, looking every year of that - plus a few extra. The opening segment was a bit goofy, but the rest of film a decent thriller, with a fabulously grandiose last act at the Golden Gate Bridge.

Oh and the theme song was pretty great too.

it did indeed have a great finale over the golden gate bridge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Lazenby was superb physically , really great fight scenes in that movie , its probably the best bond movie of them all , i do love thunderball however

i love bond full stop !
    Agree with all the above :D

OHMSS is terrific. That instrumental theme is a big part of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjL9uX2leg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,936 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    Certainly the best theme of all of the Bond movies. Hard to bet a bit of John Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dades wrote: »
    Agree with all the above :D

OHMSS is terrific. That instrumental theme is a big part of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjL9uX2leg

The Propellerheads released a superb remix of this a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My god the cinematic trailer for this is way too long. It shows half the bloody film!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I imagine then the soundtrack will simply be a lifted suite of Zimmer's past work, hastily reworked into "Generic bond action" pieces. Three months feels insane, though the actual shoot of the movie was quite too wasn't it, given the departure of Boyle fado?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jamie X

p to the e wrote: »
    How difficult those Broccolis must be.

They are scumbags, pure dirt.

Yeah, some of Zimmers work is awesome but it starts to meld with itself. (Gladiator of the Carribean!)

It would have been great to have the soundtrack become something of a differentiator for Bond 25, but no, it seems we'll get the Best of 2000's Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Out of curiousity whats the average time for composing a movies score?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

I imagine then the soundtrack will simply be a lifted suite of Zimmer's past work, hastily reworked into "Generic bond action" pieces. Three months feels insane, though the actual shoot of the movie was quite too wasn't it, given the departure of Boyle fado?

I'd say three months is more than enough for Zimmer, particularly when there are a handful of Bond music cues he can rework. If the theme tune is in the can already, he can knock out cues using the themes from that too. Rushed job, but I'd say it's far less of an issue than only having three months on a project where there's no existing music to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Ladbrokes are offering Jeremy Corbyn for next Bond at 500-1. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

I think this is what happened with Sam Smith's "Writing's on the wall" after Radiohead's "Spectre" was rejected as too melancholy/dark. I thought it was much better but what can you do? Smith wrote a pop song and the John Barry sound was pasted over it. Some guy clunkily edited the opening titles of Spectre using Radiohead's song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4mIWoLg69Y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Radiohead's song was good and quite Bond-esque, but I can see why they didn't go with it. It needed to be a chart hit, like Skyfall before it. And while it would've suited a darker movie, that's not what they were going for.

I remember at the time thinking the Sam Smith song was laughably bad but I suppose I've gotten used to it (I didn't like the Adele song either at first but now I do).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Radiohead's song was good and quite Bond-esque, but I can see why they didn't go with it. It needed to be a chart hit, like Skyfall before it. And while it would've suited a darker movie, that's not what they were going for.

I remember at the time thinking the Sam Smith song was laughably bad but I suppose I've gotten used to it (I didn't like the Adele song either at first but now I do).

The song itself is very good it's just that Sam Smith can't sing which brings the whole thing down. He sits in Falsetto for like 90% of the song and he just sounds like a dying cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Billie Eilish has recorded the title track for the new James Bond film, No Time To Die

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51112742

• Advertisement

Never heard of her so I must be old.
    Seems an interesting left field choice.

I'm just glad its not Beyonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Dades wrote: »
    Never heard of her so I must be old.
    Here are the two tracks the bbc article able mentions as "is known for hits such as" or whatever the line was. I've never heard either song before, even on the radio, though her name is faintly familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heard Bad Guy on the radio a number of times. At first I thought it was like that Creeps song by Camille jones years ago.

It was the end theme for Brightburn, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I listened to those on Spotify. Not my bag really.

Maybe they they can pull something out of the bag but they ain't Chris Cornell.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Billie Eilish has recorded the title track for the new James Bond film, No Time To Die

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51112742

c27b3cffcf14787db0b15c8eaafb9616.jpeg

Dreadful choice of singer for the new film.
    Her brother will obviously write the song ,she could barely write her name ,completely manufactured artist.

The Producers seem to have lost the plot ,basically trying to tick every box of whats hip or deemed politically correct nowadays.
    This has all the makings of a turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

mikhail wrote: »
    Here are the two tracks the bbc article able mentions as "is known for hits such as" or whatever the line was. I've never heard either song before, even on the radio, though her name is faintly familiar.

I've heard her name before, but I've never heard either of those two songs!

I feel old :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

I think she's a breath of fresh air in pop music, and a terrific choice. Her brother's production is top notch. Genuinely excited to hear this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dreadful choice of singer for the new film.
    Her brother will obviously write the song ,she could barely write her name ,completely manufactured artist.

The Producers seem to have lost the plot ,basically trying to tick every box of whats hip or deemed politically correct nowadays.
    This has all the makings of a turkey.

Yeah, imagine a Bond movie hiring a popular music artist to write a theme tune! As if eh??!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'm in my 40s and far from up with the charts, but still heard "Bad Guy" loads of times last year. It was one of the biggest hits of the year, and actually a pretty good tune.

The only decent Bond theme of recent years is Skyfall. The other Craig themes have been mediocre and Brosnan's were at best forgettable and the case of Madonna, unlistenable.

Advertisement