Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It’s a funny one. He put on 20lbs and got ragdolled about and looked low on energy, the logical move would be to go back down a bit. It’s all reaction too.

It'd be unreal if Tyson Fury came out to The Undertaker's theme tomorrow night haha

Aw he has to! That would be epic! Man is some showman. To give Wilder his dues he can do a ringwalk too. Some entertainment value in this one compared to last week’s dung. Real fights on the card too it’s incomparable. Usyk had a fair ringwalk and then AJ went into goof mode. More drama in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Not long to go now

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,166 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder certainly looks bigger than previously, and it looks natural and comfortable. Very impressive looking physical specimen! Fury needs to be very careful early doors. I wonder if 238 Wilder may possess better physical strength, allowing him to compete in close that bit better? Enabling him to keep Fury more at bay..

• Advertisement

That’s certainly his plan and his trainer Malik said he has ten times the power of fury now, piling on muscle will certainly drain his gas tank

• Registered Users Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just to make it more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

is there anything worth watching on the undercard, or am I setting the alarm for 4am?

I think it’s a great looking card. At worst they’re all HW. Helenius and Kowancki is an interesting rematch after Helenius caught and stopped him in a bit of an upset last day out. Although I think Kow is a hype job so I fancy Helenius to do the business again.

Sanchez and Ajagba is the co main and I don’t know much about either but Sanchez is a Cuban and supposedly very skilled while Ajagba is a big big hitter. My plan is 2.00 - 2.30 am

Undercard not bad. But still think 0430 alarm for me

Nice domestic card on DAZN this evening as well. Fowler v Beefy Smith the main event at 154 lbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hate the way all the American boxers are predicting a Wilder win when they are asked . Only really honest one I saw was Antonio Tarver saying his heart hopes Wilder wins but his head knows that Fury has way more tools in the shed and can win a few different ways.

He also doesn't think that Wilder putting on muscle will help him at all as it will slow him down a bit and the snap might be gone from his punches, plus as we all know one thing Fury has is a good gas tank.

It’s kind of Fury’s fight to lose…that’s the vibe I get.

If he is on fire and really up for it, barring a KO shot from Wilder (every possibility), then I think he will get his stoppage…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Haye as usual going against fury and is now talking about how wilders hand was injured for fight 2, for that alone i hope fury kos wilder.Fury really does not get the repsect his deserves from the British media and other boxers.

Haye is just saying things for attention at this stage, he’s missing the limelight so much

Haye was an unbearable prick when he was fighting and he’s even worse now. Insignificant. Spending the rest of his life trying to shake off the little toe excuse. In a way it’s an awful pity Briggs didn’t get to beat him. Oddly when he was torturing Wlad everyone hated him and since he’s become much more endearing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So they're even now....they both want bodies on their record!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I don't think Fury is being too serious with what he's saying there.

He also repeatedly said after the first fight about how important it was both men were able to get out of the ring relatively unharmed and go back to their families, so I think you can very much take it he's just playing up to what The Undertaker sent him.

Wilder's team cribbing about the gloves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭mosii

Can this fight be seen in Ireland lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

they dont even know what they are complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Can virgin media customers order it?? I am vm360 but don’t have sky sports package. Is it still a case that VM can’t show anything BT??

Cannot order it with Virgin Media.

Only with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yep I just figured that out from searching online. Same story with the big ufc nights. VM sucks. I don’t think it’s possible on now tv either.

i think can stream it online from bt sport website, might need a vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

I must admit the gloves inspection video was interesting. I just sort of assumed both fighters would agree on gloves and use the same ones. I guess that wouldn't make sense at all because you then would be using a different brand every fight. The green ones belonging to Fury definitely looked thinner but if they are approved then so be it!

Fury going for horse hair is no surprise really. Wilders camp acting on video like it's a conspiracy is embarrassing considering the same thing happened with Mayweather prior to the Maidana fight. He wasn't happy that Maidana was gonna use horse hair and was about to threaten to pull out if he didn't change gloves to foam. Ended up paying him to do so instead of pulling out. Wilder and Mayweather hated the horse hair gloves because they knew it gave a power advantage that they could never use because of their brittle hands from so many previous breaks.

On an interesting side note Maidana very likely would have beaten Floyd if he didn't take the money and used the horse hair glove instead. Floyd was the A side but he was advised that if he pulled out over something as trivial as a legally sanctioned glove type so close to the fight then Maidana would have a case to sue him in court. What might bave been...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭reclose

As this seems to be the only active boxing thread…

Shannon Courteney was poor enough tonight. Bad loser too.

Advertisement