Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I think Dubois between 4-6 I don’t see Gorman living with his power. I’d like to be wrong. In fairness I like them both but I see Dubois going on from here and Gorman to stay local

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think Gorman wins but the bit on Dubios having no power is a bit silly,
    s ,

I did not say he had no power, just questioning if his power is overrated.
    There is plenty of fighters who had decent knock out records early in their careers, but when they stepped up in opposition the ko's did not happen as often.
    We will find out soon enough if he has the power to be a force at the highest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Gorman wins but the bit on Dubios having no power is a bit silly,
    s ,

I did not say he had no power, just questioning if his power is overrated.
    There is plenty of fighters who had decent knock out records early in their careers, but when they stepped up in opposition the ko's did not happen as often.
    We will find out soon enough if he has the power to be a force at the highest level.

Thats pretty fair and accurate , i couldnt disagree with you at all on that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hoping Dubois gets it done. Hes only 21. If he can kick on to the next level it would be a great addition to the HW scene.

Just watched the Jennings vs Rivas fight. Rivas did well to get the ko but I agree Jennings was up on the decision. I think Jennings is flaky enough though reminds me of Chris Byrd. Rivas looks like he loves a scrap so his style will meet Whytes well. I think Whyte will be too fast for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Hughie vs Peter on channel 5 now.
    Hughie a very skinny 218lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Joke shop, what a farce that was. He was going to be DQ'd anyways, might as well feign injury lol.

I see Gorman came in a stone heavier than Dubois. Didn’t expect that. 17.1 sounds light for Dubois though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Anybody watching the fights do we know what time they are entering the ring at?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Anybody watching the fights do we know what time they are entering the ring at?

The last fight before Joyce-Jennings just finished, think the ring walks are scheduled for 21:45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

horsebox09 wrote: »
    The last fight before Joyce-Jennings just finished, think the ring walks are scheduled for 21:45

There's a middleweight fight on now before Joyce v Jennings

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

weemcd wrote: »
    There's a middleweight fight on now before Joyce v Jennings

Cheers, apologies to the poster above thought the co main was next up 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Cheers, apologies to the poster above thought the co main was next up ��

Ah ffs, what am I going to do with all this freshly made popcorn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Aaaaaand it's over.

Cheers, apologies to the poster above thought the co main was next up ��

It's just over, so you weren't far off. If I'm not mistaken Joyce v Jennings is next, could easily be over an hour before the main event starts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Middleweight fight didn't go on too long!

Decent opening two rounds here Joyce looking better than I expected. I think he’ll get the ko round 9

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What time is Gorman,/Dubois expected to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Channel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bt sports main event in half an hour or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Bt sports main event in half an hour or so

Balls BT sports not available on virgin.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Into the championship rounds now. Jennings hast been busy enough. He’s about 6/3 down. Joyce looking a bit more weary

Point taking off Jennings for low shot. Poor call Joyce Warned several times for using the shoulder. Jennings will need to go for the ko now in the last 2

Pretty poor this, have Joyce winning handy enough but he took his foot off the gas after a good start. Made hard work out of it in the end.

Should be Joyce’s fight. Jennings retreated and tried to fight off the ropes. Moving forward Joyce gets hit far too easily. Jennings too small to trouble the top guys. Doesn’t do enough either

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    My reason for siding with Joyce is a) his team are not going to put him a fight they don't think is heavily in his favour, b) his size, fitness and volume of punching will be too much for Jennings and c) Jennings doesn't have one punch power, not enough to keep Joyce off him.

I think I called that right for once :)

A lot of late money on Gorman, Dubois late to arrive at the arena. I’m going with my prediction I think Dubois has too much power but I hope to be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dubois will be beaten tonight. If he continues on and gets a bit of cop on he could be a good one.

Dubois all over Gorman in the second

• Advertisement

Gorman is second to the punch in every exchange. Very pawing with the lead hand. Don't see this going well for him here.

Advertisement