Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops using contactless on behalf of the customer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

On the AIB website it says that the 20c fee for contactless cards is been waived until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

2forjoy wrote: »
    On the AIB website it says that the 20c fee for contactless cards is been waived until further notice.

To be honest I think they will have a hard time ever un-waiving fees at that level. The best use case for contactless cards if for regular low amount payments replacing cash transactions - 20c each time you buy a coffee or a pint of milk from Centra will not cut it for most people.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

BOI went from a constantly renewed waiver to the 1c a bonk they do now. Seeing as avoiding their fees is nigh on impossible, 1 vs 15 is a decent saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Whenever I use contactless it is instantly taken from my account and my phone is notified. The only way to be.

Mind if I query which bank?
    Sick to death of BOI taking 4/5 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mickwat155

I got chatting a shopkeeper today about this he reckoned their was a tap limit of three per day to avoid misuse in case your card was been used by someone else any truth behind this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mickwat155 wrote: »
    I got chatting a shopkeeper today about this he reckoned their was a tap limit of three per day to avoid misuse in case your card was been used by someone else any truth behind this?

In simple terms its "damage limitation" for a lost or stolen card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement