Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus ATR72 Planes to Rennes in France.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've flown DUB to Donegal countless times in the ATR and never had a single bad experience, in fact I'd say it's probably my favorite flight. The low altitude means you can see features on the ground a lot more clearly and follow exactly where you are and also get a great view of cloudscapes. There's also the fast service and the novelty factor of being in a much smaller plane. Only issue I've ever had is a sore neck from looking out the window the whole flight :D

You might be a bit nervous at first with the small size and the noise of the propellors but it's perfectly fine

You'd miss the Logan Saab 340 on that flight - for the single seats and the Tunnocks teacake and tea more than anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

L1011 wrote: »
    You'd miss the Logan Saab 340 on that flight - for the single seats and the Tunnocks teacake and tea more than anything else!

I had a pretty hairy flight on the Logan from Glasgow to Donegal about 5 or 6 years back, a good old fashioned December storm meant we spent around half an hour circling/violently bumping above CFN before eventually landing, I'm fine with flying but that one definitely tested my metal!

It was usually a nice flight though, the single seat isles were great, only problem was the overhead lockers were beyond tiny

Advertisement