Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and Mental Health

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod Right. Enough about lip fillers and tan v olive skin. This thread is about bloggers and mental health. Back on topic please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod I've moved three posts from today about #ad over to the relevant thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Speaking on topic (I think) Someone found Rosemary MacCabes house and left balloons calling her names tied to her front door. I don't think I have heard anything more horrible in the blogging world before. I can only imagine how nervous that would make me knowing someone found my house

I hope the guards get involved, what a nasty threatening thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Speaking on topic (I think) Someone found Rosemary MacCabes house and left balloons calling her names tied to her front door. I don't think I have heard anything more horrible in the blogging world before. I can only imagine how nervous that would make me knowing someone found my house

I'm not a fan of her but I saw that and thought it was disgraceful. Really scary as well. We all have the right to feel safe in our own homes. Hope she reported it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Rosemary got a serious and unnecessary amount of abuse over the whole "kids on snapchat" post. I get 100% that it was going to create drama and clicks, she's a writer, that's her job and getting traffic on her site is how she does that but the abuse I saw online directed at her was appalling. It resulted in her mental health being questioned along with her sexual assault that she had written about. This was all dragged up again by that goddawful podcast that Itglaz did about 2 months ago. They opened the whole thing talking about her using their facebook group for fame (seriously, are they 12??) and questioning her story but not mentioning her name. I'm not surprised she sacked off snapchat for a while with the vitrol that was slung at her and I say that as a mum who is probably overly sensitive to criticism most of the time, but I was like, back the eff off her, she messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Looks like she is taking a career turn too to become a personal trainer instead of blogging. I don't blame her.
    Yes she reported it and the guards said " did you do anything to piss anyone off" because that justifys it !!!!!!!

I felt sorry for her but when she and people who follow her make comments like this it really bugs me tbh. Why is it OK to act like people doing their jobs are victim blaming?

It's a very common question to ask if there's anyone she can think of that would be annoyed at her - ya know so they have an idea where to look for a perpetrator.

Looks like she is taking a career turn too to become a personal trainer instead of blogging. I don't blame her.
    Yes she reported it and the guards said " did you do anything to piss anyone off" because that justifys it !!!!!!!

I don't think they were implying that that justifies it, tbf. More like can you think of anyone who may have an axe to grind, and we may have some idea who did it then etc etc
    It's a logical question to ask, IMO.

• Advertisement

Obviously I wasn't there  when it was said but its all down to tone really. In her line of work there is loads of people it could be. My worry is someone followed her home to get her home address that's frightening

Not really. When I followed her she used to frequently snap her street and outside her house. Not that hard to figure out where it is if you were bothered enough to look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's always a drama with her though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

It's always a drama with her though

You wouldn't consider it to be worth speaking about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

It really does take a special kind of person to deliberately go out of their way to call a blogger names. Like it's borderline, if not, psychotic. I can't imagine how on edge RMC must have felt after.

Though that said, if it did happen then I hope the person is caught. It takes a special kind of physco to find out where a stranger lives to tie nasty balloons on their door. It's unnerving to think that someone so weird was just the other side of your door, and nobody deserves to feel frightened in their own home.

I can't help but be skeptical though. There's a huge drama a few hours after she appears back on a platform she created content about leaving? She's an expert at driving traffic to her blog, the drama on the Facebook groups, the drama surrounding the gossies, the drama surrounding the issue of consent.

She needs followers, that's her bread and butter. Now if I take it for face value of what I'm reading here, it's a deplorable thing to do and I hope whoever put the balloons there are caught.

Wasn't it really weird stuff though. The thalidomide comment in particular? I've never heard that used as an insult, has anyone else?

I'm too thick I've never even heard that word before it sounds like a chemical you'd find in sellafield

Wait it's actually a medication and not an insult

Wait it's actually a medication and not an insult

You're not thick!!

It's a medication that was given to pregnant women for morning sickness back in the 50's and 60's and it had the side effect of making their babies disfigured.

Really strange insult to put on a balloon!

• Advertisement

You're not thick!!

It's a medication that was given to pregnant women for morning sickness back in the 50's and 60's and it had the side effect of making their babies disfigured.

Really strange insult to put on a balloon!

Yea I'd never heard of it and had to look up what it meant. Not the sort of insult that just rolls off the tongue anyway!

Though that said, if it did happen then I hope the person is caught. It takes a special kind of physco to find out where a stranger lives to tie nasty balloons on their door. It's unnerving to think that someone so weird was just the other side of your door, and nobody deserves to feel frightened in their own home.

I can't help but be skeptical though. There's a huge drama a few hours after she appears back on a platform she created content about leaving? She's an expert at driving traffic to her blog, the drama on the Facebook groups, the drama surrounding the gossies, the drama surrounding the issue of consent.

She needs followers, that's her bread and butter. Now if I take it for face value of what I'm reading here, it's a deplorable thing to do and I hope whoever put the balloons there are caught.

So you don't believe it happened then?

Bloggers may lie about getting lip fillers & cosmetic surgery, I'm not sure they'd lie about this! ;) Then again, stranger things have happened!!

Purple cow, I don't know to be honest. Just given the fact I don't follow this blogger and still hear about all her dramas everywhere else every few months, I'm open minded. It's just my personal opinion and I've no reason to believe she's lying about this, just again I'm on the fence just with the timing and previous form. But, taking it for what it is, would hope anyone who would do such a thing is caught and punished as nobody deserves to be scared in their own home.

Also there is a mod warning a few posts above in relation to topics that have no place in this thread, just incase you missed it ;)

Purple cow, I don't know to be honest. Just given the fact I don't follow this blogger and still hear about all her dramas everywhere else every few months, I'm open minded. It's just my personal opinion and I've no reason to believe she's lying about this, just again I'm on the fence just with the timing and previous form. But, taking it for what it is, would hope anyone who would do such a thing is caught and punished as nobody deserves to be scared in their own home.

Also there is a mod warning a few posts above in relation to topics that have no place in this thread, just incase you missed it ;)

Shouldn't you follow similar advice?

I'd imagine someone arriving to your home and placing balloons with negative comments on them would affect most people's mental health!

And for someone who doesn't follow her, you seem to know quite a bit about her ....

Nothing that hasn't been well documented online TBH

Nothing that hasn't been well documented online TBH

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Ah now tbf that's one of the first questions they ask in regards to harassment

It could be a co worker you reported, a neighbour you brought to court or simple someone you had fisty cuffs in the pub a few months back

It gives them some semblance of a direction to go in

Was it herself that tried to imply that question was out of order? Seems very immature/trying to dramatise things further

Ah now tbf that's one of the first questions they ask in regards to harassment

It could be a co worker you reported, a neighbour you brought to court or simple someone you had fisty cuffs in the pub a few months back

It gives them some semblance of a direction to go in

Was it herself that tried to imply that question was out of order? Seems very immature/trying to dramatise things further

That's jumping to conclusions a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I'd say it was a more 'where do I start cos I've pissed so many people?' She was talking about! That's what I took from it! Had seen it mentioned on her snap just about balloons a few days ago! But saw the pictures on Twitter last night and jese that's beyond a joke. Way to far! Also she said a day or two after joining snapchat that she has moved house so I'm not sure has she posted her location on Instagram stories cos I never watched them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I saw the pics she posted on Twitter re the balloons, and while RMC is a great one for the drama, I do think this is fully legit. She has posted numerous times around her home, and has mentioned where she lives as well. It'd be fairly easy for a weirdo to find her. She's pretty well know too, so she may have been spotted around the area. I defo dont agree with all the things she comes out with, but I do respect her for speaking her mind, and she's a refreshing change from a lot of the other samey influencers. I hope she is ok, that is a really terrifying thing to have happen her. It's all well and good having a difference of opinion on the internet say, but for someone to come near your home is just another level of scary.

Advertisement