Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

RIP Lance, loved him in The Wire and Fringe and anything else I've seen him in. He also voiced one of the main characters in the Horizon Zero Dawn video game, he was instantly recognisable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Lance deserves his own thread.

" What the fuxk is wrong with you McNulty"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

First saw him as Mobay, the undercover cop in Oz, which like the Wire was shown by TG4. A lot of actors in Oz went on to feature in the Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Loved Lance in The Wire, and thought he was great on Bosch as well. Very sad news.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Paul O'Grady, has died, aged 67.

Jesus, this is very sad news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Very sudden apparently. Only the day before a TV exec had called to O’Gradys home to talk about upcoming projects with him and said O’Grady was in good form….looking forward to future work..

always seemed like a very decent, down to earth skin, funny with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Very sad to read about Paul O’Grady.

he looked so young for his age, energetic and full of life with a sharp wit A true Ambassador for both LGBT community as well as his kindness to animals.

W asked before, how he’d like to be remembered, he responded “I dont care, I won’t be here.” 😂

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I loved watching Paul when he did his chat show on Channel 4. His wit that he had with his guests was fantastic on that show. There are a fair few showing his comedic side to him while he did that show up on Youtube.

I had watched over the few years when he stopped doing that show a few years ago. There were side splittingly funny and great memories.

RIP Paul O'Grady. You're a legend and you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

Sad news to wake up to. Always seemed a genuine, kind person. Rest in peace, Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

God bless you Paul. Deserves a thread of its own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

RIP. Poor man... I didn't particularly like him as a comedian (although he had quite a few excellent one liners), but the work he did for charities was really exemplary.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Really sorry to hear about Paul O'Grady's passing. I loved his work featured on "For the Love of Dogs", he had an unapologetic, genuine love and deep care for animals which, for me, is a great reflection on any person, and he seemed to be very well liked amongst the Battersea staff, and indeed his wider circle of colleagues. He was a wonderful ambassador for Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, I'm sure they'll miss him hugely.

RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yeah absolutely - it’s very sad news. I guess in his early career I didn’t know what to make of him but he certainly grows on you and between his chat show ( which I thought was great the bits I watched) and his love of doggies and the show he did with the shelter, he came across as such a genuine individual and not an air or a grace about him -and from the amount of thanks the above post got announcing this sad news, sounds like a lot of boardsies feel the same.

May he Rest in Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He was the first drag queen in TV that I remember, loved him in FLOD, his chat and love for the animals was lovely

RIP Paul

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So sorry to read this news earlier this morning.

Died very suddenly, apparently. I particularly liked his dog programmes. He seemed to be a genuinely lovely man.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Sad to hear about Paul, he came across as a really genuine, fella, also very witty. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Paul O'Grady really shone out as a genuine and decent nice guy. Only really aware of him from his dog show but he was a trail blaser in his career and wider society. RIP

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

A great all round entertainer, presenter and genuine nice person. His Lily Savage character was brilliant especially presenting Blankety Blank.

Rest in peace Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

He’d suffered theee previous heart attacks so obviously this one got him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭cml387

I liked his quote about the whereabouts of Lily Savage now that she wasn't around any more.

"She's living in a convent in Brittany"

Loved by the staff at Battersea, apparently he'd have them in hysterics but most of it unbroadcastable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Was this the ‘short guy’ in Electra Glide in Blue?

Terrific film, strange no mention of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Stevie Allen who played Manky Frankie in Still Game has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I loved their catchy pop songs and TV show, even fancied him

RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He was the first to leave the group which led to them changing the name to S Club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Gentle man

Advertisement