Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 2 "Stormborn" - "Non book readers"

Options
  • 17-07-2017 6:52am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Note anything after this post may contain spoilers for the episode; do not read or open this thread until you have watched the whole episode!!!

And seeing how last week's thread went a reminder that this is ONLY about the specific episode shown on TV! No information from any other source are allowed to be posted with the one exception that SPOILER tagged lore from the DVD releases and interviews will be allowed in the thread. Such information has to directly relate to the episode however and be clearly marked as for example "DVD lore from Season X relating to matter Y"
    Lore and conclusions go here

This means book readers are allowed to post but they can not reference ANYTHING from the books inc. items relating to earlier seasons.

The "Next Episode" and any speculation on what may come in the future episodes should be put in the appropriate Season 7 speculation thread; any funny pictures from the episode should be posted in this thread until Wednesday rather than the funny picture thread.

In addition anyone picking up 3 yellow cards will be banned from the forum for the current season; in case of serious enough transgressions the ban may come earlier than 3 cards.

Thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

Comments

I feel like this season has no subtley to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Was that theons sister hanging at the front of the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jayop wrote: »

Pretty sure it was Nym, hung with her whip.

I'd say Yara and Ellaria are Cersei's gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Jayop wrote:

That was the Whippy Snake. The Spear Snake was on the beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nym
    rawn wrote: »
    Whippy Snake

And so passes Whippy Snake, first of her name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's probably just my stream, but are some scenes really badly lit this season? Well, darker than usual I mean.

Sand Snake's aren't popular but I'm not looking forward to the last one's end. I have a feeling The Mountain will be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Found this episode fast paced and I liked it. Was It me or was Dany a bit of a c**t. Nice to see Arya returning to Winterfell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭golfball37

Really enjoyed it and it really moved forwards too. Didn't care much for the greyworm missendei scene or get the point of the wolf scene but all the pieces are slotting into place. Really hate having to wait another week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

jonon9 wrote: »
    Found this episode fast paced and I liked it. Was It me or was Dany a bit of a c**t. Nice to see Arya returning to Winterfell

Will she though? Maybe I read too much into the scene with her Direwolf?

"Thats not you."

By saying that her wolf is no longer the same, isn't she making the point about herself? She isn't the same little girl so why go back to Winterfell. Wouldn't surprise me to see her back on the road to Kings Landing next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Another excellent episode.Looked like it was going to be just like last weeks episode with a lot of talking and planning but not much action and then boom we get a great battle sequence.

It must be dreadful to be Alfie Allen now (purely from an acting perspective).You go from playing a character who's full of life and mischief to playing a complete nothing of a character now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

golfball37 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it and it really moved forwards too. Didn't care much for the greyworm missendei scene or get the point of the wolf scene but all the pieces are slotting into place. Really hate having to wait another week!

I've only been watching on TV for the last 2 seasons but it is much better to watch on DVD in bulk.Same as yourself I'm dying to get to next weeks episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just when you think you couldn't hate Theon Greyjoy anymore than you already did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Vicxas wrote: »
    Just when you think you couldn't hate Theon Greyjoy anymore than you already did.
    I don't know. He had a tough choice. He couldn't save Yara. The minute he attacked Euron, he'd slit her throat and start on Theon. Unlikely Theon could beat him in a fight, so best choice was to do what he did. At least Yara will be kept as a hostage. For the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I don't know. He had a tough choice. He couldn't save Yara. The minute he attacked Euron, he'd slit her throat and start on Theon. Unlikely Theon could beat him in a fight, so best choice was to do what he did. Atleast Yara will be kept as a hostage. For the moment.

I get that, but Theon knows what can happen to hostages - death may have been kinder option for Yara

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I get that, but Theon knows what can happen to hostages - death may have been kinder option for Yara
    He does. But he also knows that escape is possible. Plus or minus a few bits. Mostly minus I hasten to add. :(

Theon is one of the best written and best acted characters in the show for me.

I can see why people didn't like Grey Worm and Missandei's scene but it needed some quick payoff and now it's out of the way.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Theon is one of the best written and best acted characters in the show for me.

I can see why people didn't like Grey Worm and Missandei's scene but it needed some quick payoff and now it's out of the way.
    It also explained his leadership of the unsullied. He had no weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

It also explained his leadership of the unsullied. He had no weaknesses.

So now he has weakness will he be able to lead???? Hmmmm?????

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    So now he has weakness will he be able to lead???? Hmmmm?????
    Well he may be able to lead, but how fearless will he be now?

Either way, it's an interesting wrinkle that may dictate future events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The queens hand made his first tactical error.

It seems Aria will never reunite with her family, if she does she would be limited on what she would be allowed to do and would regret going back while she has more to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Maybe Theon will find Gendry rowing around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

golfball37 wrote: »
    Didn't care much for the greyworm missendei scene...

Agreed there; I figure that scene was more fan-service than anything else.

I had been thinking that the show might get a little too predictable considering they're on the path to tying up all of the characters stories. I figured Theon would save the day and it was nice to see the story skirt away from what seems obvious.

I think Theon is a great character; the poor guy always gets knocked down, and while I believe he has great intentions he's never in a position where he can improve his situation. I hope he gets a chance to shine in the coming episodes.

I was delighted to see Ser Jorah back in the fold too!

A good episode overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Thought Arya was a goner.. After all she went through I thought they were going to kill her off with a pack of wolves.

Thought that was a brilliant episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well that was very good. Things can change really quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Euro is stealing the show so far this season:

tumblr_inline_otkr5xgruN1t8f6s9_540.gif

He's a top 5 character now just for killing off the Sand Snakes, worst part of the entire series by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Euron is great indeed, GOT needs a lunatic in play. Also glad to see Jorah (hopefully) on the mend.

It's probably just my stream, but are some scenes really badly lit this season? Well, darker than usual I mean.
    Fair point,we watched it on Sky. Still had to close the curtains to make out some scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Fair point,we watched it on Sky. Still had to close the curtains to make out some scenes.

I find that a big problem when watching it at 6am before work, its too bright outside and I'm cranky as hell. Had to switch from Rice Krispies to porridge as the snap, crackle and pop was making too much noise during scenes of heavy dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Epic episode

Glad that all the different storylines are joining together

The scenes in the citadel are making it hard for us too eat during the show lol

• Advertisement

Euro is stealing the show so far this season:

He's a top 5 character now just for killing off the Sand Snakes, worst part of the entire series by a country mile.
    Yeah, he's been undervalued up to now really. A sterling character who's reputation as a badass must surely be gaining currency.

He certainly seems to have a yen for Cersei and he is proving to be more than a match for Jaime in their franc exchanges.

Pound for pound he's well up to the mark.

I'll get me coat :D

Advertisement