Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread: the second

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going there Monday. Can I download my PS+ vita games again?

Edit - I see that I can

You can indeed as long as your still subbed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    If you still have the same account you can.

I have not used my OLED Vita in ages, but can't see myself ever getting rid of it.

Nor me xenji, I've a newer model and oled I brought day one but its acting weird, sometimes it won't let access application and will go through menus without every selecting anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you still have the same account you can.

I have not used my OLED Vita in ages, but can't see myself ever getting rid of it.

Same, I got XCOM & Civ Rev 2 lately and didn't play either. :o

Has anyone tried the memory card adapters??
    See them on AliExpress for dirt cheap and just curious.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Same, I got XCOM & Civ Rev 2 lately and didn't play either. :o

Has anyone tried the memory card adapters??
    See them on AliExpress for dirt cheap and just curious.

Man I completely forgot xcom was on vita, I re-download it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I’m just gonna import a new aqua blue slim version from amazon japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is cex the cheapest place to pick one up aside from sourcing one second hand? They are 130 still in cex and then I'll still have to get the memory cards. I've a load of games saved up from plus that I'd like to use but don't really want to be spending 150 plus just for that.

Is cex the cheapest place to pick one up aside from sourcing one second hand? They are 130 still in cex and then I'll still have to get the memory cards. I've a load of games saved up from plus that I'd like to use but don't really want to be spending 150 plus just for that.

I ended up getting an OLED version on adverts for €100 plus €10 for registered post. The Vita is in amazing condition, I would give it 95% out of 100. Only thing is it came with a 4gb card so will try get a 16gb one soon. Oh yeah I went to CEX and they had a badly scratched one for €140. Get on adverts and ask the seller to email you close up photos of the front/back, if you like it make an offer and make sure they have good feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got mine in Cash Exchange (think they were called) but they closed here (miss it tbh got a few great deals in there). Check out other pawn shops outside of Cex if there's any nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I ended up getting an OLED version on adverts for €100 plus €10 for registered post. The Vita is in amazing condition, I would give it 95% out of 100. Only thing is it came with a 4gb card so will try get a 16gb one soon. Oh yeah I went to CEX and they had a badly scratched one for €140. Get on adverts and ask the seller to email you close up photos of the front/back, if you like it make an offer and make sure they have good feedback.

Bought my "like new" Vita on Adverts years ago & what arrives was fully functional but the rear touchpad looked like it got keyed. It still worked fine but looks awful; screen was fine too.
    The irony was inside the box was a very nice cover case for the console :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So you need a hacked firmware to use those SD card adapters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've one on adverts an older model i'll do it for 100 posted , great condition aswell and 16gb mem card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've one on adverts an older model i'll do it for 100 posted , great condition aswell and 16gb mem card

Could you pm a link to the ad? I'd be very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I got mine at the start of the year in Gamestop for €100, the OLED model, so it's worth having a look there. They give a 12 month warranty with them too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone is looking I'll give first dibs in here, I have a first gen vita in perfect condition that was only used a handful of times. It's 3g and Wi-Fi, have a few memory cards for it and it was always stored in the official vita leather case. It's boxed and everything. Was going to trade into cex towards a Nintendo switch.

First game I bought on launch day was Rayman Origins and it looked glorious on the OLED screen, have to say it still looks amazing 6 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

First game I bought on launch day was Rayman Origins and it looked glorious on the OLED screen, have to say it still looks amazing 6 years later.

Yeah Origins is such a beautiful game in general but Christ it does pop on the Vita alright. Anyone know the best place to pick up another charger? My cable has become frayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A new system update out today as well, just stability though mind you.

Hi guys can anyone tell me the name of this vita game from the screenshot, thank you.

Hi guys can anyone tell me the name of this vita game from the screenshot, thank you.

Its not a Vita game, its Bloodborne.

• Advertisement

The long-awaited PSVita release of NightCry is has finally arrived. NightCry will be hitting the US PS Store on Jan 31st (EU to come later).
    Run for your live on the luxurious cruise ship as the horrifying Scissorwalker slowly massacres the passengers.
    https://blog.playism-games.com/nightcry-comes-to-vita-january-31st/

It's a shame that it's such a woeful game, I would avoid it or if you had the mildest interest pick it up on the PC for a few Euro.

It's a shame that it's such a woeful game, I would avoid it or if you had the mildest interest pick it up on the PC for a few Euro.
    I didn't think it was so bad, the way you've to play it to get the ending is atrious but the game itself I didn't mind it, played on PC with a friend. I just thought it was a bit ... campy? I like that kinda thing though too, Scissorman is bit like that through the series imo.
    Haunting Ground is the best of them, was just talking about CW3 last night, had some great ideas but not really exicuted well I found the difficulty just spiked and couldn't explore properly.

I was listening to Caine & Rinse go through Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3 the other day, lamenting the fact that I can't play them again.

Then I remembered, the Vita!

Playing through MGS2 right now both nostalgia filled and a littl sad that my vita had been forgotten ;_;

God bless Trinity

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

God bless Trinity

Can you still earn trophies with this?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Can you still earn trophies with this?

Yes. I’m on 3.60 now and using a 64gb SD card.

Yes. I’m on 3.60 now and using a 64gb SD card.

Do you have to go back to 3.60 to use the SD Adapters? I've just used the Trinity 3.70 patch

fixxxer wrote: »
    Do you have to go back to 3.60 to use the SD Adapters? I've just used the Trinity 3.70 patch

Pretty sure you just need to downgrade the firmware, doesn’t have to be 3.60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

maybe someone can help me. I decided to bring out the vita again after a couple of months to play some games.

I was playing the PSone version of FFVII on the vita. it keeps deleting my saves. my save is still on the vita but not in the game. anyone any idea how to stop this happening or is there something with the game.

my save from playing PSone suikoden game keeps it save.

Advertisement