Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I'll take it if still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Any room left in any leagues?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, the leagus are full now and drafts are scheduled, tonight in may leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Alright lads!

Anyone up for joining a new redraft league? Bit late notice, but be great if we could get 10+ teams in!

Open to starting requirement ideas but would suggest:

QB / RB / RB / WR / WR/ TE / FLX / FLX / 6 BENCH

Would be drafting on Thursday (starting sometime between 7pm and 10pm). Looking for active members preferably, hopefully get some craic and trades flying through the season!

Comment on the below thread if interested, 5 players on board already.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057784022

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Obviously too late now, but 90 seconds a pick is mental. My other league we did 45 seconds and it worked great. Thats a very competitive money league too! Maybe for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Obviously too late now, but 90 seconds a pick is mental. My other league we did 45 seconds and it worked great. Thats a very competitive money league too! Maybe for next year.

There is a thread to get this voted on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057780070

The prem draft was done within 70 mins with it set to 90 second draft picks. I am in a lot of leagues paid and non paid and the draft time varies throughout. Down to most leagues to vote on really.

gerryfed wrote: »
    Alright lads!

Anyone up for joining a new redraft league? Bit late notice, but be great if we could get 10+ teams in!

Open to starting requirement ideas but would suggest:

QB / RB / RB / WR / WR/ TE / FLX / FLX / 6 BENCH

Would be drafting on Thursday (starting sometime between 7pm and 10pm). Looking for active members preferably, hopefully get some craic and trades flying through the season!

Comment on the below thread if interested, 5 players on board already.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057784022

1-2 spots still available in this 12 team league, drafting on ESPN tonight at 9pm. Drop us a PM if you're interested (and an active owner) :P

One spot available drafting tonight on ESPN at 9pm if anyone is interested? 10 team, 0.5PPR, redraft! PM me if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

NFL Redzone is FREE right now (10 Sept. 2017) on Sky sports mix channel 121. For all you poor people like me that don't have it!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm planning a league to go from Week 2 onwards on the rugby forum if you'd like to join. Drop me a PM with your email if interested.

• Advertisement

I'm planning a league to go from Week 2 onwards on the rugby forum if you'd like to join. Drop me a PM with your email if interested.

There's 7 of us now. Can anyone make 8? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Tired of my seasons being destoryed early with injury.

That's 3 years in a row my teams have been decimated. 2 of them with my 1st picks in their first game.

2015: Foster, Romo
    2016: Keenan Allen
    2017: D Johnson

1st pick this year got you a pretty horrible team bar your first player. So after one week i'll probably be done this year. FF is cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Eh, so when the scores updated the Ravens D seemed to go to 10 pts on NFL.com? Any idea what's going on there?

Tired of my seasons being destoryed early with injury.

That's 3 years in a row my teams have been decimated. 2 of them with my 1st picks in their first game.

2015: Foster, Romo
    2016: Keenan Allen
    2017: D Johnson

1st pick this year got you a pretty horrible team bar your first player. So after one week i'll probably be done this year. FF is cruel.

It is a terribly cruel mistress, no doubt about it

There's 7 of us now. Can anyone make 8? :)

Still open! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

First season in fantasy NFL and David Johnson has let me down. Anyone suggest a trade proposal for him that people might be tempted by?

Dots1982 wrote: »
    First season in fantasy NFL and David Johnson has let me down. Anyone suggest a trade proposal for him that people might be tempted by?

He's probably worth a hold in exchange for a third / fourth running back.

A kind of deal I'd see as fair might be Jacquizz Rogers for him

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Unrelated matter to our league but wanted opinions....

Player A offers gilly and garcon to player B for Gordon and Pryor. Player B accidentally accepts and admits this to a whatsapp group the other league members are in and everyone has seen. A says ok they'll give them back and does. Same day player A offers thielen and gilly for mccaff and Evans and player C accidentally accepts. Does A give them back or does C get punished for being that stupid when there are two clearly designated buttons in different colours with the two options clearly labelled. This is a 12 man €10 money league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I think ye've set a bad precedent in reversing the first trade.

There should be a zero tolerance on any "accident" related excuses in Fantasy Football, especially money leagues.

I think in both instances, it's more than coincidence that those who came out on the losing end of both trades claimed it was an accident.

Given that ye already reversed the first trade, it's harsh to not reverse the second one. But I still wouldn't. Tough titties.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Can anyone who uses the NFL Fantasy app help me out please?

I’m trying to figure out how to see players projected points for the upcoming week.

I can see my own players’ projected points when looking at my roster, and it also shows a handful of “Top free agents” at the bottom of this page with their projected points, but if I select “View all players” or go to the “Players” page to view all free agents, the column showing projected weekly points is blank for all.

Even playing around with the filter seems to make no difference.

Anyone had any luck with this? It worked fine last year.

I’m on Android if that makes a difference. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Paladonia wrote: »
    Can anyone who uses the NFL Fantasy app help me out please?

I’m trying to figure out how to see players projected points for the upcoming week.

I can see my own players’ projected points when looking at my roster, and it also shows a handful of “Top free agents” at the bottom of this page with their projected points, but if I select “View all players” or go to the “Players” page to view all free agents, the column showing projected weekly points is blank for all.

Even playing around with the filter seems to make no difference.

Anyone had any luck with this? It worked fine last year.

I’m on Android if that makes a difference. Cheers.

Have you the latest update for the app installed? Working ok on my android app. In the filter section make sure you have projections set in the View tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Hoki wrote: »
    Have you the latest update for the app installed? Working ok on my android app. In the filter section make sure you have projections set in the View tab.

Yeah it's up to date and I've changed the view etc.

Seems to be a common complaint in the reviews of the app on the Play Store so I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Unrelated matter to our league but wanted opinions....

Player A offers gilly and garcon to player B for Gordon and Pryor. Player B accidentally accepts and admits this to a whatsapp group the other league members are in and everyone has seen. A says ok they'll give them back and does. Same day player A offers thielen and gilly for mccaff and Evans and player C accidentally accepts. Does A give them back or does C get punished for being that stupid when there are two clearly designated buttons in different colours with the two options clearly labelled. This is a 12 man €10 money league.

You can't reverse one and not the other. If it was instantly stated that the trades were accepted accidentally (and not half an hour later after the guys have had a chance to think about it and realised it was a mistake) then fair enough reverse them but it should really be both.

Can the commissioner not veto?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You can't reverse one and not the other. If it was instantly stated that the trades were accepted accidentally (and not half an hour later after the guys have had a chance to think about it and realised it was a mistake) then fair enough reverse them but it should really be both.

Can the commissioner not veto?

The second accident was admitted half an hour later. Commissioner can veto it, but they fall on the "tough ****, should've looked at what you were doing" side of the argument

Anyone else adding Josh Gordon in a punt of desperation?

Eligible to apply for reinstatement this day next week. Worth a shot in a 16 team league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Anyone else adding Josh Gordon in a punt of desperation?

Eligible to apply for reinstatement this day next week. Worth a shot in a 16 team league.

Pats should give him a shot he could be solid for us if he stays clean and stays out of trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Alright Lads, does any one here know why Mcmanus would only get 1 point with these stats
    Screen_Shot_2017_09_19_at_11_40_20.png

Am I getting screwed here? he made 6 Pat=6 pts, he had one good field goal nullified because of a Dallas penalty and he had one miss, just wondering how that equates to minus 5 points:confused: its the difference between me winning and losing this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

phatkev wrote: »
    Alright Lads, does any one here know why Mcmanus would only get 1 point with these stats

It seems like there is a mistake in the points and he is entered as getting -1 50+ yarder. A fifty yarder is worth 5 points so if it was entered as a minus that would account for it. Purely a mistake by the website I'd say.

The issue there is the "-1 50+". The scoring mechanic on NFL lets you input a value for each type of score. Typically for PAT, it works like this:

(Result) * (PAT Made)

So if your league awards 1 point for every PAT made, and your result is 6 (i.e. he made 6 PATs), then the formua is:

(6) * (1) = 6

That's how you get your result of 6. On the Boards leagues, we don't penalize missed FGs regardless of range/distance. So our Missed FG 50+ scoring should have been 0 - as follows:

(Result) * (Missed FG 50+)

And substituting in values:

(1) * (0) = 0

But it looks like NFL.com scoring messed up. They've put in -1 as the result for a successful 50+ Yard FG, which we give 5 points for.

(Result) * (FG Made 50+)
    (-1) * (5) = -5

So it's taking 6 (from your PAT Made results) and -5 (from your FG Made 50+ results) and getting a net of 1.

TL;DR - it's a scoring error they will likely update today.

• Advertisement

Looks like they've fixed it now.

Advertisement