Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Draft league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Why not do 9 divisions of 6 to make it 54 in the free league? 6 is an ideal number.

I don't see you down for the free league, or I'm going blind. Should I add you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dermo wrote: »
    I don't see you down for the free league, or I'm going blind. Should I add you?

No I'm just making a suggestion. I think 6 is a good number to have and with 51 players in for the free league ye would need just 3 more people to fill the spaces with the deadline getting closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm up for having different numbers based on how every many we have at the deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No I'm just making a suggestion. I think 6 is a good number to have and with 51 players in for the free league ye would need just 3 more people to fill the spaces with the deadline getting closer.

Yeah 6 is a good number. Ran an 8 team draft league last year, playing strikers are gold dust

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

6 is the ideal number. We did a How-To-Draft and six-team four-round mock here: 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I vote for 8 team divisions. I think we need to be using at least 120 players so that someone who does a bit of research for the draft can get some benefit in the later rounds.

A blind squirrel could pick a good squad from the top 90 players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

Stick me down for the free league if there's a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Benimar wrote: »
    I vote for 8 team divisions. I think we need to be using at least 120 players so that someone who does a bit of research for the draft can get some benefit in the later rounds.

A blind squirrel could pick a good squad from the top 90 players!

I agree, 8 team divisions the way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bumping this up for awareness. We really should start making the leagues (maybe call them Draft league A, B, C etc.) and then I'd suggest a thread for each individual league, to make it easier for organisational purposes and then for chat etc. once the league is under way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Hi. Mind if I add myself to the list...added on bottom.
    Thanks.
    (also added in Ses-Púbach)

Current status:
    Players that are in for free league:
    1. F1ngers
    2. Copper_pipe
    3. manual_man
    4. MarkSRFC21
    5. ScummyMan
    6. steve_r
    7. KevIRL
    8. Iago
    9. spock.
    10. eagle eye
    11. 2nd Row Donkey
    12. Thatsfootball
    13. hurlingman97
    14. billymitchell
    15. Mr.Prodston
    16. wrestlemaniac
    17. L.S.F
    18. alchemist33
    19. thewools
    20. mno101
    21. Limpar
    22. Sands81
    23. LightningBlue
    24. finnharpsboy
    25. stephenl15
    26. skippy15
    27. claw
    28. normanoffside
    29. Boots234
    30. Wanderer100
    31. Benimar
    32. Dr Bre
    33. False prophet
    34. $hifty
    35. Rikand
    36. Gaillimh1976
    37. Romteilly
    38. Father Hernandez
    39. mdwexford
    40. Invincible
    41. Remoteboy
    42. Lemlin
    43. Mr. Guappa
    44. Hairy Nipples 87
    45. Miley Byrne
    46. Dermo
    47. Chesty08
    48. Clouter
    49. Paddy_Irishman
    50. patmac
    51. Dr Kenneth
    52. Ses-Púbach
    53. davemckenna25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Maybe somebody has this in hand I don't know who is organising things. Just wanted to put forward an idea on how to organise the draft groups.

Everybody submits their ranking finish last year in the overall points. Highest ranked 8 in pool A. And so on.

After the season a real ranking could be decided based on your finish in your pool this year and division's setup for next year?

My overall rank last year was 184,771

Just to further chat on fpl draft in general. I actually prefer the head to head format for a league but it's not without it's issues, with 8 teams does it turn it into a Scottish league type system where you will play each team 4 or 5 times? To get to 38 gameweeks? Even with a 16 team draft you would only play 30 matches so what happens for the last 8 gameweeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Doing my work draft tomorrow, should be fun. hard to prioritize this list though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Maybe somebody has this in hand I don't know who is organising things. Just wanted to put forward an idea on how to organise the draft groups.

Everybody submits their ranking finish last year in the overall points. Highest ranked 8 in pool A. And so on.

After the season a real ranking could be decided based on your finish in your pool this year and division's setup for next year?

Just to further chat on fpl draft in general. I actually prefer the head to head format for a league but it's not without it's issues, with 8 teams does it turn it into a Scottish league type system where you will play each team 4 or 5 times? To get to 38 gameweeks? Even with a 16 team draft you would only play 30 matches so what happens for the last 8 gameweeks?

As good an idea as ranking the leagues is, I think at this stage it would take too much work for the 50ish people signed up to provide numbers. Just taking them in order would just be simpler. Four leagues of 8, three of 7, give or take one or two for latecomers or those who have disappeared. I could divide them up tonight and then we're looking for a volunteer from each group to set up a league and PM the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I honestly think ranking based on last years performance would completely skew the divisions next season should it progress to a tiered system, plus the time it would take to get 50+ OR's from last year is just not worth it. I reckon just take in order of signup, or randomise it through a random sequence generator, for example. Either way, I think this really needs to get moving quickly or it will go by the wayside. I'll throw in my name for any necessary admin work, but again we really have to work out the details and put the wheels in motion fairly soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I honestly think ranking based on last years performance would completely skew the divisions next season should it progress to a tiered system, plus the time it would take to get 50+ OR's from last year is just not worth it. I reckon just take in order of signup, or even find a way to randomise it. Either way, I think this really needs to get moving quickly or it will go by the wayside. I'll throw in my name for any necessary admin work, but again we really have to work out the details and put the wheels in motion fairly soon

I think it was proposed a little while back to put all the names into a (digital) hat and draw 8 teams to go into the draft PL, 8 into draft championship and so on...

There's 53 people interested so that would mean 6 leagues.

5 leagues with 8 people each with 13 people in the final league.

Final 13 people might feel a little hard done by but I suppose luck of the draw.

If the leagues were made on a credible website by somebody with the results shown, we go along with that. In each league as posted on here, one person takes the lead, creates the league and sends out the codes. Perhaps a separate thread for each league thereafter the leagues are sorted.

As good an idea as ranking the leagues is, I think at this stage it would take too much work for the 50ish people signed up to provide numbers. Just taking them in order would just be simpler. Four leagues of 8, three of 7, give or take one or two for latecomers or those who have disappeared. I could divide them up tonight and then we're looking for a volunteer from each group to set up a league and PM the codes.

Or just set up different threads with draft times and dates given for 8 team leagues and let people sign up for the one they can do. Will cut out trying to arrange times and dates, as people sign up for the one that suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Sands81

Agree that this is the best way to go. It would cut out a lot of hassle with groups trying to agree on times. And keeping it to 8 teams in a league would help the length of time of the draft. Will probably have to do this fairly soon.

So we done a work draft. Quick question, what happens after Thursday evening ?

Is there a free pool day on Friday or if someone is traded out are they missing game week 1?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    So we done a work draft. Quick question, what happens after Thursday evening ?

Is there a free pool day on Friday or if someone is traded out are they missing game week 1?

There's an FAQ on the FPL draft site:

https://draft.premierleague.com/help

Or just set up different threads with draft times and dates given for 8 team leagues and let people sign up for the one they can do. Will cut out trying to arrange times and dates, as people sign up for the one that suits them.

Having looked at one of the paid league threads and the FAQ I can see this makes sense. I'll probably start one tonight with maybe Sunday as draft day.

Do people think we'd need different threads for each? It might clog up the board.

• Advertisement

Yeah it doesn't cover as much detail as I like tbh.

Player A is traded out by team 1.
    PlayerA is on watchlist for Team 2.

What happens on the Thursday? Does he get auto picked up or go into the following thursday waiver list and not be in anyones team for the next gameweek?

Yeah it doesn't cover as much detail as I like tbh.

Player A is traded out by team 1.
    PlayerA is on watchlist for Team 2.

What happens on the Thursday? Does he get auto picked up or go into the following thursday waiver list and not be in anyones team for the next gameweek?
    Waivers are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.

I don't think it's as easy as team 1 giving team 2 a player - (lowest ranked team gets first dibs it seems(how that works before GW1, I've no idea).

It's very likely that player A will be on more than 1 watchlist.

Transactions are completed 24 hours before the GW starts so either way player A will be in someones team for that GW.

ok, so player A is traded out, nobody can select Sign like you do for pool players. If he is high on your watchlist does he auto get traded in or does he sit out the game week and become available in waiver for week 2?

ok, so player A is traded out, nobody can select Sign like you do for pool players. If he is high on your watchlist does he auto get traded in or does he sit out the game week and become available in waiver for week 2?

Sent you a PM there.
    We'll test it out on that - You transfer in Kane, I'll put him low down on my watchlist and then you release him, just thinking, it prob needs more than 2 players to test it though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Room for more? I would like to play :)

Current status:
    Players that are in for free league:
    1. F1ngers
    2. Copper_pipe
    3. manual_man
    4. MarkSRFC21
    5. ScummyMan
    6. steve_r
    7. KevIRL
    8. Iago
    9. spock.
    10. eagle eye
    11. 2nd Row Donkey
    12. Thatsfootball
    13. hurlingman97
    14. billymitchell
    15. Mr.Prodston
    16. wrestlemaniac
    17. L.S.F
    18. alchemist33
    19. thewools
    20. mno101
    21. Limpar
    22. Sands81
    23. LightningBlue
    24. finnharpsboy
    25. stephenl15
    26. skippy15
    27. claw
    28. normanoffside
    29. Boots234
    30. Wanderer100
    31. Benimar
    32. Dr Bre
    33. False prophet
    34. $hifty
    35. Rikand
    36. Gaillimh1976
    37. Romteilly
    38. Father Hernandez
    39. mdwexford
    40. Invincible
    41. Remoteboy
    42. Lemlin
    43. Mr. Guappa
    44. Hairy Nipples 87
    45. Miley Byrne
    46. Dermo
    47. Chesty08
    48. Clouter
    49. Paddy_Irishman
    50. patmac
    51. Dr Kenneth
    52. Ses-Púbach
    53. davemckenna25
    54 WD_Raceway

Right.

Boards Free Draft League A. Entry code 332731-82702. Up to 8 players - just enter. Draft starts 21.00 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Right.

Boards Free Draft League A. Entry code 332731-82702. Up to 8 players - just enter. Draft starts 21.00 on Sunday.

Just joined. 6 in already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Invincible

Right.

Getting invalid code message?

Invincible wrote: »
    Getting invalid code message?

Are you sure you're in the draft section rather than normal fantasy? Theres still two spaces and the code is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Invincible

Are you sure you're in the draft section rather than normal fantasy? Theres still two spaces and the code is correct.

Can I use the same email and password to login on draft section or have I to register separate with alternative details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭skippy15

Boards Free Draft League B
    Code to join this league: 334328-83075

Draft Tuesday at 9pm- 8 players
    Only join if added name in here please- and only join one league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Joined B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Joined B

Invincible wrote: »
    Can I use the same email and password to login on draft section or have I to register separate with alternative details?

No, all the same. When you're on one of your normal pages (e.g. transfers or pick team) hover your mouse over the "fantasy" button and you'll get an option for Draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Joined B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Joined B also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Joined B !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Joined B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Joined B. Thanks for arranging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

A and B full now so?

A is anyway. We need a C.

Boards Free Draft League C code 343395-85014

Draft 9pm Wednesday

Can someone confirm whether we are using Classic scoring or head to head?

Boards Free Draft League C code 343395-85014

Draft 9pm Wednesday

Can someone confirm whether we are using Classic scoring or head to head?

I'm in League A and it's classic

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

In C :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Joined C there myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,952 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This doesn't work out because you'll have loads of people joining up from outside boards.ie who are not even members and just lurk.

eagle eye wrote: »
    This doesn't work out because you'll have loads of people joining up from outside boards.ie who are not even members and just lurk.

I'll admin Group C so can anyone who has signed up please post (or PM) their team name.

If there is any lurkers I'll turf them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

I joined C- team name Xhakakan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'll admin Group C so can anyone who has signed up please post (or PM) their team name.

If there is any lurkers I'll turf them out.

Yeah folks, you need to administer each league otherwise every Tom, Dick and Harry will be entering them. People who are joining the leagues should pm the league admin their team name and those who have not added their name to the list should be booted out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement