Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on anonymous game

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

sullivlo wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting weird subscriptions to the ladies lounge on the anon accounts? Not that we don't want you all in TLL of course...

Yes. And prison forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necrominus wrote: »
    Name changes aside, I don't see any issues with the anon accounts. Obviously they're a new toy and we all want to play with them at the moment but hopefully we can have one or two of the next few games under our own accounts?

I'd still like to have a Necro vs Barney argument as opposed to a Gabriel VS Tegan one once in the odd while

(Barney is my example for everything right now :P)

To be fair Necro, we were on the same side this time. But yes, I'm in agreement. I do like the anon accounts as people can play however they want and not be accused of playing a different way. I'd argue now though that given that we have had a few of these people have shown different styles of play so couldn't necessarily be hammered for not doing something they way they did it a couple of times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yes. And prison forum.

Best forum on boards.

Aside from this one of course <3

Can't the Avatars be any of the random pictures boards has available? They hardly need to be kept to the colours, the easier it is to differentiate the better IMO.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can't the Avatars be any of the random pictures boards has available? They hardly need to be kept to the colours, the easier it is to differentiate the better IMO.

I presume they can. But pedants like me want the avatar to be connected to the name somehow, so isn't going to pick, say, Homer Simpson, or a Dalek for Steve, as there's just no connection. Having the choice of any picture on the internet would be better in that scenario.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    I presume they can. But pedants like me want the avatar to be connected to the name somehow, so isn't going to pick, say, Homer Simpson, or a Dalek for Steve, as there's just no connection. Having the choice of any picture on the internet would be better in that scenario.

You could pick Milhouse:P:P:P

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    You could pick Milhouse:P:P:P

How does Steve and Milhouse connect?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How does Steve and Milhouse connect?

I dunno just thought Milhouse hadn't been brought up in a while

ab409ddbc1652460d08a67ec17c77e7c.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'm just gonna rehash what people have already said here really:

1. changing names that sould similar
    2. a different avatar for every account. i woudnt mind what they are, as long as different.

gameplay mechanics (more for the mods):

1. if you could also sent the PM to the anon account so you dont have to log into your own account to get info, and then log into anon account. i would imagine this would add an extra layer of work for you guys, so no biggie if not feasible.

the accounts in general:

1. is there any way to open the account so you can browse the rest of boards. not post, but read. again, may not be possible/allowed but it would be nice :P

also, would be a tad worried that the sense of community is diminished somewhat if we overuse the anon accounts. may also be a BTE (who remembers that from MU?) for new players, who may have to create new account on CoP and then use the anon account as well.

and again, thanks sully for setting all this up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

1. is there any way to open the account so you can browse the rest of boards. not post, but read. again, may not be possible/allowed but it would be nice

I use an incognito window for the anon account and don't subscribe to the thread in my sully account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Oh wait. Now I understand. I can check that.

• Advertisement

1. if you could also sent the PM to the anon account so you dont have to log into your own account to get info, and then log into anon account. i would imagine this would add an extra layer of work for you guys, so no biggie if not feasible.

You can PM multiple accounts at the same time. I never thought of it, pretty sure the format is

To: Digital Solitude; Orla WW
    To: Yoss; Eva WW

So on so forth, it would just be a case of adding the players Anon or Boards name. I'm also going to do up a hyperlinked list of all the Anon Names soon, so you can find the profile faster.

Anyone want to Guinea pig an idea? You don't have to do much. Need 3 people maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thats what i did for the game just gone; the double PM'ing

You can PM multiple accounts at the same time. I never thought of it, pretty sure the format is

To: Digital Solitude; Orla WW
    To: Yoss; Eva WW

So on so forth, it would just be a case of adding the players Anon or Boards name. I'm also going to do up a hyperlinked list of all the Anon Names soon, so you can find the profile faster.

Anyone want to Guinea pig an idea? You don't have to do much

I'm free for a while

I like guinea pigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sullivlo wrote: »
    I use an incognito window for the anon account and don't subscribe to the thread in my sully account.
    how do you get notified if somebody posts in the thread then?

I don't. I just check periodically. Plus, y'no, f5.

But I'll ask about getting boards open for viewing (not posting) outside of forum games.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I enjoyed it, it masked my rookie status. Id prefer it.

If you still want a guinea pig I'm around for a bit.

yaeh sure digi, pm away

If you still want a guinea pig I'm around for a bit.

Got sorted, my already flawed plan doesn't work!

Thanks lads

• Advertisement

Brendan is cursed.
    Yes, this upsets me because I'm a real life Brendan, and real life is cursed enough as it is without my Werewolf namesake suffering the same. :(

Yes, this upsets me because I'm a real life Brendan, and real life is cursed enough as it is without my Werewolf namesake suffering the same. :(

its only a three game trend, hopefully he will last the next game to the end and prove all this hocus wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I'm looking forward to a non-anon game

as has been mentioned before I'm missing the community spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'm looking forward to a non-anon game

as has been mentioned before I'm missing the community spirit

ditto x100

i've played more anon games than non anon games, this one will even it up at 4 a piece.

If Sullivlo reads this, it would be nice if we are allowed to get a name change for one of the anonymous accounts.

The account with name 'Oisín WW' is very hard to use, or respond to pms with. Suggested name change would be 'Oisin WW'.
    If not possible, it might be wise to not use the account in future, as the í in 'Oisín WW' does not travel well through the Boards.ie PM system.
    Even replying to PMs from the account proves difficult.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance you give us.

sKeith wrote: »
    If Sullivlo reads this, it would be nice if we are allowed to get a name change for one of the anonymous accounts.

The account with name 'Oisín WW' is very hard to use, or respond to pms with. Suggested name change would be 'Oisin WW'.
    If not possible, it might be wise to not use the account in future, as the í in 'Oisín WW' does not travel well through the Boards.ie PM system.
    Even replying to PMs from the account proves difficult.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance you give us.

What do you mean if!!!!

I can see how that would cause issues. Will try request a change. However there should be enough anon accounts currently. Maybe!

Thanks. If sucessful, its back in the pool, if unsuccesful, we should retire the account.

I will give a deep bow of respect to the next group of game mods who attempts to use them all.

Advertisement