Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A return flight to Europe for €5.50

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Anyone hear anything back from these cowboys? I for one didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bought & drank the Coke but didn't bother sending in the forms after a previous
    "no flights promo with the Herald" offer.
    Not the best promo from Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Bought & drank the Coke but didn't bother sending in the forms after a previous
    "no flights promo with the Herald" offer.
    Not the best promo from Coke.

So you didn't send the forms in and are complaining about the offer? Okay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

Not receiving the offer might be a more lucky outcome than receiving one. A few years back one of the driving schools did the same promotion with one of these promotion companies (don't remember which one). They made you decide on the spot when they called with an offer, to a not so desired destination and asking 99 euros for a second person to join the trip. Another condition was, if you do accept the offer, but fail to turn up for the flight, they charge you another 99 euros.

Had to decline as it was quite a big risk to take it, then find out that hotels are horrendously expensive and not going, yet to be charged for nothing.

So you didn't send the forms in and are complaining about the offer? Okay then.

No I didn't send in the forms, previously sent 3 different forms off for 3 different people (all related) via the Herald, same sort of offer and it took months before they even came back about any of them.
    2 of the chosen flight dates had already passed at that stage!
    Sent them mails, rang them but took them so long to organise, ended up
    we booked flights via ryanair ourselves, much easier.

Swore I'd never do it again and if you have a look through the comments on boards over the years, there are loads of people who have had the same problems.

• Advertisement

They made you decide on the spot when they called with an offer, to a not so desired destination and asking 99 euros for a second person to join the trip. Another condition was, if you do accept the offer, but fail to turn up for the flight, they charge you another 99 euros.

Probably Sweete again.
    The Coke offer was an extra person for €99 and if you didn't turn up, they charged you this time, €25.
    Most of the flights are cheap Ryanair destinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DR_HOUSE

I've sent in everything needed for me and my wife (two separate purchases) and never heard back from them. Also I tried to call several times, without luck. Now I'm thinking if what they did is not illegal. Who would be to blame? Tesco for promoting a scam?
    Any ideas?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I had bought the drinks- and had the receipts- so I sent them in.
    I was going for 4 flights.
    Not a peep out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this Liveline material ?

fryup wrote: »
    is this Liveline material ?

Ah now, Joe- you see, if Hoover were forced to send their European operations into Administration- over a botched travel promotion- by god, the least we can do- is try to wring the same concessions out of Coca-Cola..........

Joe Duffy- is marmite- some people love him, some hate him- I'm in the latter camp.

You win some, you loose some- this is one that had the writing on the wall from the get-go, I'm not sufficiently motivated to waste time and effort chasing it- and its not like its going to have any impact whatsoever on Coca Cola's declining sales- the reformulation and the sugar tax will put pay to that- more so than of us here kicking up a fuss.

• Advertisement

I will pursue it on point of principle. I was abroad since I posted last but watch this space.

I tweeted Coca Cola Ireland about it and they then advised me to ring them and they made contact with Sweete Ireland. Anyway the result is I have my free return flight with Ryanair in a few weeks time to look forward to. So a great result for me. A short trip for two nights and I'm looking forward to it now already.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

Doltanian wrote: »
    I tweeted Coca Cola Ireland about it and they then advised me to ring them and they made contact with Sweete Ireland. Anyway the result is I have my free return flight with Ryanair in a few weeks time to look forward to. So a great result for me. A short trip for two nights and I'm looking forward to it now already.

Were the days and times half decent? I applied through the Applegreen rewards with Sweete. After me chasing them up I finally got a response. I sent in two vouchers, (one with my name and the other with himself's name) They are refusing to let me book that way, instead want to charge me €99 plus taxes and charges. Flights for the same day on SkyScanner (mix of Ryanair or Aer Lingus) are from €62 return.

The dates they gave me are all Tues to Thurs, which is ok I guess after I book them off work, but my issue is if they end up being late on the Tues and early on the Thurs they are a waste of time.

If I had taken the voucher for less points for two flights and having to book my accom through them at least I would have got three nights as it is in the t&c that it is a minimum of 3 nights.

Wondering should I just cancel the vouchers all together.

Were the days and times half decent? I applied through the Applegreen rewards with Sweete. After me chasing them up I finally got a response. I sent in two vouchers, (one with my name and the other with himself's name) They are refusing to let me book that way, instead want to charge me €99 plus taxes and charges. Flights for the same day on SkyScanner (mix of Ryanair or Aer Lingus) are from €62 return.

The dates they gave me are all Tues to Thurs, which is ok I guess after I book them off work, but my issue is if they end up being late on the Tues and early on the Thurs they are a waste of time.

If I had taken the voucher for less points for two flights and having to book my accom through them at least I would have got three nights as it is in the t&c that it is a minimum of 3 nights.

Wondering should I just cancel the vouchers all together.

I was given flights to Milan Bergamo on a Thursday Morning from Dublin at 06:25am and returned back on Saturday morning at 10:25am. I was travelling by myself but they did have a clause for €99 if you wanted to take a friend/partner etc.

It caused me to have to book a night in the TravelLodge near Dublin airport and when I factored in the cost of that, the anti-social hours and such a short stay it was a bad deal looking back in hindsight. Best bet is if they can't give you flights at suitable times or dates then just go book your own. For me coming from Kerry by Train to Dublin I'd always need an Afternoon flight and arriving back to Dublin in the morning or afternoon to catch a train home, otherwise the cost of hotels in Dublin basically wipeout any savings of going there. I only fly from Dublin on routes not available in Kerry, Cork or Shannon.

They are refusing to let me book that way, instead want to charge me €99 plus taxes and charges.

That's one of the many problems with the offer.
    To have to pay another €99 for the same flight for another person is bonkers when you have enough tokens for 2 flights.
    I tried doing different bookings for same flight but could never get 2 flights together.
    Terrible flights times as well and if you don't show up, there's a €25 charge p.p.
    Avonmore milk doing the same offer, won't be doing that one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That's one of the many problems with the offer.
    To have to pay another €99 for the same flight for another person is bonkers when you have enough tokens for 2 flights.
    I tried doing different bookings for same flight but could never get 2 flights together.
    Terrible flights times as well and if you don't show up, there's a €25 charge p.p.
    Avonmore milk doing the same offer, won't be doing that one either.

Is it impossible to get 2 people on one flight using this offer? Was hoping to do that with the Avonmore offer. Was just gonna send the 30 tokens each separately but pick the same destinations and months and hope we get offered the same flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Is it impossible to get 2 people on one flight using this offer? Was hoping to do that with the Avonmore offer. Was just gonna send the 30 tokens each separately but pick the same destinations and months and hope we get offered the same flights.

I've tried over the years and never managed it.
    Used different people at same address, same last name at different address, different names at different addresses same dates & destinations all with no joy.
    That's why they say it's €99 plus charges for another person otherwise wouldn't make sense for them to offer 2 to the same place at same time.
    Never tried to get 1 flight from offer and try booking same flight with Ryanair though.

It's an offer for 1 person and that's the way they sell it.

How can they charge a no show fee? No airline would dare do that.

Considering the flight would cost nothing apart from a couple of stamps, from their point of view, it makes sense.
    It's to stop people just booking a flight and not turning up as it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've tried over the years and never managed it.
    Used different people at same address, same last name at different address, different names at different addresses same dates & destinations all with no joy.
    That's why they say it's €99 plus charges for another person otherwise wouldn't make sense for them to offer 2 to the same place at same time.
    Never tried to get 1 flight from offer and try booking same flight with Ryanair though.

It's an offer for 1 person and that's the way they sell it.
    [/quote

How much are the charges? I mean two return flights for €50 each isn't too bad I guess, once the charges aren't too high.

I mean two return flights for €50 each isn't too bad I guess, once the charges aren't too high.

True but really depends on where you are going.
    Flights to Manchester & London wouldn't be that dear via Ryanair.
    Other European cities would be dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JackWit

This crowd Sweete have been burning customers for way too long. They did it to me on the Avonmore Flights promotion and they should be avoided by all clients if they value their reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I just noticed they're the same company that are offering free European flights with Vodafone X.
    Are they dodgy?

Read the comments on here.
    Great if you want a midweek flight for one.
    Anything else better off booking direct through airline website.

Read the comments on here.
    Great if you want a midweek flight for one.
    Anything else better off booking direct through airline website.

And don't have a firm date you have to be somewhere.........

If you're young- and looking for an adventure- great. Otherwise, avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackWit

Yes Sweete are de promotions people who seem to have also duped Vodafone into running a Free Flights promo for Vodafone X. They must be laughing all the way to the Bank and are probably lying to Vodafone about how many people are actually using the vouchers. Nobody can travel using them, it takes around 3 months before you even get a response; and you have to travel at 6am on a wet Tuesday!! lol. I tried using it for both Coke and Glanbia / Avonmore Free Flights and each time I was put through the mill...awful!!!

Advertisement