Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport questioning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

elsa21 wrote: »
    Unless they are putting you in some form of danger, I dont see the issue here. Tighter security is better than none

The old "if you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to fear" argument. That's an argument that has been killed, along with many of the people who believed it down through the ages countless times. But it still keeps popping up and people still believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkdave

Over on twitter there is a lot of comment about a claim made by an Irish American academic that Gardai questioned her in Dublin Airport about tweets she posted about an Irish politician who didn't like what was written. This allegedly happened on June 27th. She claims she was made sign a statement before being allowed board her flight.
    If this is confirmed, it raises some uncomfortable questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

More than likely customs. I've beeen stopped by them several times and only once did they introduce themselves as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I think security at Dublin Airport is very poor.I was there on Friday to collect my daughter,arriving just over one hour before the flight was due in,parked in Terminal 1 short term car park and then walked into arrivals area,then up through departures and on up to the restaurant area without any checks.It's crazy that anyone can freely walk in to the arrivals and departures area without any security checks whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I think security at Dublin Airport is very poor.I was there on Friday to collect my daughter,arriving just over one hour before the flight was due in,parked in Terminal 1 short term car park and then walked into arrivals area,then up through departures and on up to the restaurant area without any checks.It's crazy that anyone can freely walk in to the arrivals and departures area without any security checks whatsoever.

Pretty much like the landside area of 99% of international airports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement