Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Grammar - Olympia - Nov 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

What a load of cack there was nothing on TM this morning a bunch of gangsters is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Yeah, I had trouble getting tickets on the laptop this morning. As soon as I was taken to the ticket page and selected standing I was told there was no tickets available.... Kept trying and then switched to best available but still couldn't get anything - just showed Seatwave tickets straight away.... (pure gangsters!)

At the same time, I used the app on my phone and got tickets straight away, no bother.

Picked up standing but probably would have preferred seating. I'll chat to the others...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What a load of cack there was nothing on TM this morning a bunch of gangsters is right.

Probably sold the bulk of the tickets in the presale over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Bsal

4 tickets row A in the circle have been on seatwave since 9am for 150 quid... seems nobody wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The speed at which tickets appear on Seatwave makes me think it's not possible for someone to buy them and then put them up for resale so quickly. Unless maybe you have a very sophisticated bot?!! :pac:

It's much more likely that Ticketmaster reserve a bunch of them to put up on the site themselves.
    buy them in the presale, put them on Seatwave as soon as the general sale happens. there's often tickets on Seatwave even if a gig hasn't sold out.

lots are speculative tickets too that don't actually exist, but if a tout gets someone to buy a ticket from them for 300 quid, all they have to do between then and the gig is find a ticket for less than that to be in profit.

• Advertisement

Would there be any point in still checking the TM site for tickets or would that be the end of it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

Bsal wrote: »
    Would there be any point in still checking the TM site for tickets or would that be the end of it now?

It's always worth checking regularly. A good few gigs I've been to have apparently sold out but I then managed to get tickets for later on

I'm trying my best to hold off paying €125 for a standing ticket on seatwave :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Keep checking T M. It's worked for me countless times. Most recently, for Radiohead:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

I'm trying my best to hold off paying €125 for a standing ticket on seatwave :(

saw them in the academy a few years ago....they were good live, but jaysus, I wouldn't be spending that type of money to see them - their new album isn't a patch on their first album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

anyone know who's supporting tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

A guy in work always buys his tickets on the day of the concert as tickets always become available on the day of the concert. Be worth trying tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

anyone know who's supporting tomorrow night?

Lo moon on at 8pm LG on at 9pm.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Tm have just released extra tickets for their Belfast concert on Thursday

Peter File wrote: »
    Tm have just released extra tickets for their Belfast concert on Thursday

Have 2 tickets for tmrw if anyone's interested

Tickets gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Have 2 tickets for tmrw if anyone's interested

Hi do you still have these? What section are they for?

Unreal show from start to finish. Great band, really enjoyed the support act. The roar of the crowd after Rooting for You was incredible on the ground floor. Listened to them all week, saw them last night and will be listening to them today.

One of the best I was ever at.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭IBrows89

Unreal show from start to finish. Great band, really enjoyed the support act. The roar of the crowd after Rooting for You was incredible on the ground floor. Listened to them all week, saw them last night and will be listening to them today.

One of the best I was ever at.

I agree, the lighting was unreal and I thought they were good with the crowd too. I saw them at EP this year and they were very good but think this outdid that show.

Also whoever screamed out Kevin Spacey should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Also whoever screamed out Kevin Spacey should be shot.

Because they screamed out or because they specifically screamed 'Kevin Spacey'?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭IBrows89

Wheety wrote: »
    Because they screamed out or because they specifically screamed 'Kevin Spacey'?

Because they screamed out Kevin Spacey at a time when there are serious complaints about his past, same way as if someone screamed out Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby. Not funny and put the band in a awkward position.

Other people were screaming out various other things, have no problem with that, it's a concert and I'm glad people were getting into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

That was a bit weird alright 
    There were quite a few groups chattering throughout the gig, quite annoying and inconsiderate

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Yeah, thought the Kevin Spacey thing was odd and they were visibly feeling awkward about it.....

Great gig... We were lucky, where I was standing there was pretty much no one chatting at all during the gig. There were clearly lots of people there for the music.

Her voice is just phenomenal...!!

Amazing night, waiting almost 4 years to see them and was blown away, the combination of their sound and amazing lighting made me cry a few times 😢 Lo Moon were a great support act too. The Olympia was the perfect venue for a London Grammar gig.

I was teary a few times too because that's the great thing about music it'll be with you through the good times and the bad. That was one of the best gigs I was at in a long time.

Advertisement