Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking - to John Kavanagh

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭keoclassic

very cool thread!

As a cyclist, I'm keen to know did Conor do much in the way of cycling to build his endurance for his rematch against Diaz, I know there was some promotional stuff done with our own julian dalby in background?

If not, how do you generally strike the balance between endurance and Gym work with your fighters? Do they swim, run etc.

Thanks.Your coming across as a very down to earth guy might I add.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Ha! It stuck in my mind as it was my introduction to Conor,
    I went home watched some YouTube videos of his fights and followed his career ever since.

1- What are your thoughts on human evolution?
    2- How open minded are you?
    3- Would you mind if I sent you a PM?

My question, was this as dodgy as it sounded:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ninja101

Ninja101: JK, what is your favourite flavour of chewing gum?
    JK: Original flavour.
    Ninja101: Thanks JK. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

keoclassic wrote: »
    very cool thread!

As a cyclist, I'm keen to know did Conor do much in the way of cycling to build his endurance for his rematch against Diaz, I know there was some promotional stuff done with our own julian dalby in background?

If not, how do you generally strike the balance between endurance and Gym work with your fighters? Do they swim, run etc.

Thanks.Your coming across as a very down to earth guy might I add.:)

There's been stuff on fb with Conor on the road bike. But it had flat pedals...

I think John is finished this now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He'd been including some tree house climbing in liverpool into his regime for this training camp cant wait to see its benefits fight night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Gamebred wrote: »
    He'd been including some tree house climbing in liverpool into his regime for this training camp cant wait to see its benefits fight night.

You get back in your cot and stop bein bold!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What will the epitaph on your grave stone read?

Good luck to you and yours!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really enjoyed that.

Thanks John and best of luck with everything going forward.

Thanks for taking the time out to talk to us John! It was a good read and I hope the best for you, Conor and the rest of your gym in the future. Please come back in the future when you have some free time and do another one! Good luck in the rest of training camp and WAR CONOR!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Know precisely fck all about MMA myself, but it was a highly informative and entertaining read. Much thanks to John for making it happen.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

JohnSBG wrote: »
    it was certainly something!

ok everyone. genuinely enjoyed our chat here, some great questions!
    stay safe :)

I'm closing this up now as John has finished.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this John, it's much appreciated and I hope you enjoyed it :) Good luck to you and to Conor in August - I have a fiver on him to win, no pressure :P

Thanks for all the questions folks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement