Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Oklahoma Sun June 25th Chiesa vs Lee Early prelims 10:30pm

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Come on Chiesa! Do it for your mother!

Yamasaki you moron!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Looks like another ref fupp up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Classic Yamasaki there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Super Mario!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yet another fcuk up by Mario, him and Mazegatti are liabilities

Hmm. In replay it did look like a tap from Chiesa there.

edit: Chiesa did motion to tap, ref was maybe a teeny bit premature but I can understand why he 'mistook' it for a tap.

Was shaping up to be a good fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The Oklahoma Screwjob? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Impressed by kevin lee all the same. Great grappling and ground game and still so young

• Advertisement

Yeah Chiesa didn't help himself there by moving his hands away from the hand fight but it is still an early stoppage.

TBF another second and he was prob out cold anyway. He wasn't getting out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tinpib wrote: »
    TBF another second and he was prob out cold anyway. He wasn't getting out of that.

Another second? I dunno man. Watch the replay.....he was immediately protesting. He didn't look groggy at all. He may have gotten out of it...he may not have. But it may not have been tight enough to get him before the bell. Ultimately, we don't know for sure and thats a problem. It was a ref screw up. And Mario has a habit of making them.

The more I see of it the more it looks like a tap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yeah I think Chiesa was excepting his fate and preparing to go asleep. Had stopped fighting it and didn't want to tap.

Very impressive from Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

darced wrote: »
    He stopped hand fighting, was staring straight ahead with his hands flapping, he wasn't out but was behaving exactly like someone who was.

Yeah I agree, I don't think it was a perfect stoppage by any means but more like a tko style stoppage - saving a fighter from taking more unnecessary damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Just caught up on the fights I missed, Hendricks is a complete waster what a fall from grace presume hes had enough of weigh cuts from wrestling body and mind just cant do it would rather see him retire now than get a few more whoopings,

On the Chiesa incident I think he was unresponsive wasnt fighting it and looked like he was beginning to lose consciousness, ive no real problem with it Lee dominated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ref needs to check his hand to see if he is out. Pretty standard procedure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement