Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    If there was a Doris in the superhero movies, it would be the name of somebody's cat, not a main character!

Don't be so hard on yourself norris.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

What makes me not so nasty?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Hi all,

The rules need much rereading but some things jumped out-
    So the hero can protect the same person twice consecutively and can protect themselves. Useful!
    For the hypnotist binding power, I wonder will we be told on thread? I doubt it though. Seems like this is potentially a dangerous power for the village - if a goodie power role is in danger of being lynched and they get silenced, it'd be a big disadvantage.
    For the Katana role it says that she can protect one member of her team once during the game. Presumably this is only valid for kills and not lynches?
    Mystique only shapeshifts if targeted by an SK so we need to look out for nights with an incorrect number of deaths. As the SKs have to compete for a kill ever second night, the earliest this can come into play is night 4, and even at that the odds are against it happening so I don't think we need to worry too much about that.
    Kilgrave is interesting, it doesn't specify if he can use his power only one, but I guess so?
    Finally, does Deadpool's power mean that he's lynch proof (at least the first time?)

So far...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

could be your very early finger pointing in direction of low posters so early at the start of a soft start. that is a bit weird so early, no?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Mystique only shapeshifts if targeted by an SK so we need to look out for nights with an incorrect number of deaths. As the SKs have to compete for a kill ever second night, the earliest this can come into play is night 4, and even at that the odds are against it happening so I don't think we need to worry too much about that.

the rules do need lots of rereading.
    can you explain why we should not look out for evidence of this on night 2, and only night 4 onwards? why can this not be the case if sk attacks mystique on night 2?

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    What makes me not so nasty?

Not necessarily you nigel, but nasty nigel is a musician.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    can you explain why we should not look out for evidence of this on night 2, and only night 4 onwards? why can this not be the case if sk attacks mystique on night 2?

Sorry you're completely right, I thought it was the second time she was targeted. That's what I get for having bad handwriting. Yes, she can be shapeshift on night 2,4,6,8 etc. The odds of the SK picking her are still high though. So we only need to worry about it on even number nights.

Vernon WW wrote: »

I wonder if fiona read it as the serial killers each get kills on the first serial killer night but have to compete on the second serial killer night.

But it would make sense for us to be in the lookout for it from night 2 onwards.

Forget the above, because fiona has already explained.

I misread your question not so nasty nigel. It's because of the storm gif you used which undid the dislike I had for a storm joke. Making you not so nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Good morning peeps.

I may have missed it, but has the "Hulk Situation" been explained?

Morning all. Im still confused on the rules. I think the mods need to clarify things.

Also when does thinks kick off. 10am today or tomorrow?

Morning all. Im still confused on the rules. I think the mods need to clarify things.

Also when does thinks kick off. 10am today or tomorrow?

I think you are slaughtered at 10am and then the rest of us play on.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Good morning peeps.

I may have missed it, but has the "Hulk Situation" been explained?

Nope.
    There are 10 baddies (2 teams of 4 and 2 SKs), 9 roled goodies, and 8 villagers mentioned in the OP so a total of 27, but there's 28 characters named in post 2. Hulk is mentioned in post 2 but not in post 1. There's also 29 player names mentioned which is confusing as one of them isn't activated apparently, but surely we should know which one isn't active so we don't attempt to lynch them (or expect them to be modkilled). Also, when they suddenly become active won't it be obvious?
    Much confusion.

I think you are slaughtered at 10am and then the rest of us play on.

Cheers Angus, I hope you get made into delicious burgers now.

If I die, Angus is a deliciously tasty Aberdeen wolf

Could be reading too much into it. Maybe it should read 9 rolled and 9 nonrolled villagers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning all. Few busy beavers last night after I retired for the evening it seems. Not sure there's anything to be gained from last night as of yet. More will become clear at 10am I would guess.

Gonna be checking in intermittently but this superhero is very busy this week so it's gonna be from 4.30 onwards when I get the chance to take a read back properly on everything.
    That's assuming the baddies don't eat me of course!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

If I die, Angus is a deliciously tasty Aberdeen wolf

The rest of us don't nibble on our fellow villagers when they are under suspicion - we lynch 'em. Are you a wolfy who has had a taste? ;-)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Morning

Has everyone checked in yet?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Nope.
    There are 10 baddies (2 teams of 4 and 2 SKs), 9 roled goodies, and 8 villagers mentioned in the OP so a total of 27, but there's 28 characters named in post 2. Hulk is mentioned in post 2 but not in post 1. There's also 29 player names mentioned which is confusing as one of them isn't activated apparently, but surely we should know which one isn't active so we don't attempt to lynch them (or expect them to be modkilled). Also, when they suddenly become active won't it be obvious?
    Much confusion.

I presume we'll know which account is inactive at 10am when the lynch form opens. The one that's not there isn't playing.

Could be reading too much into it. Maybe it should read 9 rolled and 9 nonrolled villagers.

Maybe. Or maybe we don't learn anything bout the hulk until we make him angry!

For the love of god dont make him angry......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Jaysus, that was some sleep. I feel like im just out of a coma. The upside of day drinking... just gona go back and read all the rules now but said is check in first seen as i was out of it yest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Morning fellow superheros, didn't get a wink of sleep last night with all the racket in here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Morning folks. Stayed up past my bedtime last night watching the end of Glastonbury so I'm a bit dozy this morning. Will check back in at munchtime.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

morning folks

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Good morning everyone

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Is it to early for alcohol? Ah its never to early for drink, who am i kidding? any decent bar in this village? Who's the local inn keep?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Morning all.

Op says the fun begins at 10am with a slaughter so I am waiting for that....could speculate but I have a feeling that the rules look ambiguous or contradictory for a reason.

Here's hoping we get more from the mods at 10

Advertisement