Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XIV - Marvel & DC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

It will be the end of the month I'll do a poll today

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It will be the end of the month I'll do a poll today

Thats one hell of a new username dottie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Oh im burnt out from this one, ill be happy if its the end of july or start of august.

Necro is the man who wants a game now. He was bulling for a new game on wednesday

I think it's the amount of time I feel I needed for the game that's my problem.One day is to short to get into it, 5-6 days feels long when there is so many posts early on in game. I enjoyed getting really stuck into this game but to do it again on a weeknight will mean either me pencilling in some serious time in advance, not really getting into the game or just not play at all. All three are possible but the thought of putting similar time into a midweek game is not desirable.

I would personally like to try a game starting Thursday(possibly weds) aiming to finish Sunday night.

First day is full of fluff and people finding their feet. 2nd day is when patterns emerge, 3rd day is when i can really get stuck in. (A Saturday and Sunday would suit me perfectly). A lot of posters seem to still find time to post from the pub so I don't see weekends being an issue from that perspective. Perhaps this has been tried and failed but it might be worth considering if not?!

We did try a weekend game before and It was very slow, but there were less of us then we could maybe give it another whirl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm sound with that, wanna add the Thursdays to the poll? This game was almost twice our previous highest posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Drumpot wrote: »
    I think it's the amount of time I feel I needed for the game that's my problem.One day is to short to get into it, 5-6 days feels long when there is so many posts early on in game. I enjoyed getting really stuck into this game but to do it again on a weeknight will mean either me pencilling in some serious time in advance, not really getting into the game or just not play at all. All three are possible but the thought of putting similar time into a midweek game is not desirable.

I would personally like to try a game starting Thursday(possibly weds) aiming to finish Sunday night.

First day is full of fluff and people finding their feet. 2nd day is when patterns emerge, 3rd day is when i can really get stuck in. (A Saturday and Sunday would suit me perfectly). A lot of posters seem to still find time to post from the pub so I don't see weekends being an issue from that perspective. Perhaps this has been tried and failed but it might be worth considering if not?!

Hopefully I'll be gone by day 3! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Oh im burnt out from this one, ill be happy if its the end of july or start of august.

Necro is the man who wants a game now. He was bulling for a new game on wednesday

This is true. Some question my sanity. They are correct.
    Drumpot wrote: »

Actually... I like this. Weekend games could be a great thing the more I think about it.
    But - I'm cool with whatever as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Gosh, the backrooms were quick to change hands. Hope everyone managed to read everything before getting locked out of the deadroom etc.

I had been in as my character in the backroom and noticed yesterday but on my laptop today I saw there was a couple of questions about the staff room that I just answered and when I moved back a level everything was gone!

So just to clarify to Raze etc.
    The backroom was blank, it was setup prior to the live game being announced, we password protected ours and then my laptop overode my actual backroom password with this room one and when I reverted back in it I couldn't remember what we set the thing up as. So it was abandoned. Nothing deleted .

I think QB got it open and will confirm it was totally empty.

As for the staff room, there was a small room with a few bits in it, nothing major. Remember, when the game was set up it was done from my balcony over a bottle of vino like I said :D so we didn't need countless messages as we sat side by side doing it.

As for the game. We had a multi sheet spreadsheet on the go that myself, grumps and Sully had access to. When it came to game info all was there and we also chatted live to sully there while we sorted things.

When problems occurred, I sent grumps a skype message as she was at work and on skype during the day. Instead of waiting till someone saw a message in a staff room, sometimes a decision was needed fast.

So Tigger, that is the answer to your comment too about you were surprised how well the game run without a staffroom. It didn't need one to run. and there was one. I am sure you seen it afterwards and there were just 4 users posting in it as QB did as well.

Does anyone want me to send them the wwgm account details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Next game is Digi and whoever Triceratops is. (Not sure if Dottie or Molly!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gosh, the backrooms were quick to change hands. Hope everyone managed to read everything before getting locked out of the deadroom etc.

I had been in as my character in the backroom and noticed yesterday but on my laptop today I saw there was a couple of questions about the staff room that I just answered and when I moved back a level everything was gone!

So just to clarify to Raze etc.
    The backroom was blank, it was setup prior to the live game being announced, we password protected ours and then my laptop overode my actual backroom password with this room one and when I reverted back in it I couldn't remember what we set the thing up as. So it was abandoned. Nothing deleted .

I think QB got it open and will confirm it was totally empty.

As for the staff room, there was a small room with a few bits in it, nothing major. Remember, when the game was set up it was done from my balcony over a bottle of vino like I said :D so we didn't need countless messages as we sat side by side doing it.

As for the game. We had a multi sheet spreadsheet on the go that myself, grumps and Sully had access to. When it came to game info all was there and we also chatted live to sully there while we sorted things.

When problems occurred, I sent grumps a skype message as she was at work and on skype during the day. Instead of waiting till someone saw a message in a staff room, sometimes a decision was needed fast.

So Tigger, that is the answer to your comment too about you were surprised how well the game run without a staffroom. It didn't need one to run. and there was one. I am sure you seen it afterwards and there were just 4 users posting in it as QB did as well.

Does anyone want me to send them the wwgm account details?

Backroom is still there - just moved to the archive, and the archive hasnt put it on the top spot (its just under the simpsons game).

421407.png

DR should still be visible under the archives. RTA has posted there since I archived it

Next game is Digi and whoever Triceratops is. (Not sure if Dottie or Molly!)

Artist formerly known as Dottie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Pter wrote: »
    Backroom is still there - just moved to the archive, and the archive hasnt put it on the top spot (its just under the simpsons game).

421407.png
    Yeah the sorting of the archive is manual, I had to do some sorting last game. Archive should probably be set to read only as well.

DR should still be visible under the archives. RTA has posted there since I archived it

Must check again. I could only see the one thing and that was general discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Artist formerly known as Dottie

Why the name change?

Why the name change?

I've been thinking about it for a while, and when ecto changed her name we were talking about it on discord, so I bit the bullet and paid the subcription fee. I thought I better get a wiggle on and make the change before my month ran out. I wanted a name that wasn't immediately identifiable as female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I've been thinking about it for a while, and when ecto changed her name we were talking about it on discord, so I bit the bullet and paid the subcription fee. I thought I better get a wiggle on and make the change before my month ran out. I wanted a name that wasn't immediately identifiable as female.

I never got inoculated for TB so I'll have to keep my distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yeah cos ballet screams manly man :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

sKeith wrote: »
    I never got inoculated for TB so I'll have to keep my distance.

I like.
    I like how new nicknames get formed in short order.

TB forever more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I saw a programme on TB last night. Well actually it was about milk, which caused the TB epidemic in the UK in the 19th century.

So there you go, thats my news.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yeah cos ballet screams manly man :p:D

have you seen male ballet dancers, those legs! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

billy elliott (just seen the ads) and the middle kid from american housewife. thats all i can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What about..... The Masked Dancer!

homervspattyandselma_05.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kXbBHSA9w

Theres definition there that crossfitters would be jely of

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

sKeith wrote: »
    billy elliott (just seen the ads) and the middle kid from american housewife. thats all i can think of right now.

Jean Claude Van Damme was one......

I only stopped Ballet in February due to injuring my hip, but there was not one male to be seen! we probably are missing out on something. I didn't think ever "those legs" was more those "legs in white tights ;) "

Have you an interest in ballet TB?

I only stopped Ballet in February due to injuring my hip, but there was not one male to be seen! we probably are missing out on something. I didn't think ever "those legs" was more those "legs in white tights ;) "

Have you an interest in ballet TB?

beyond doing it as a kid no, the name Triceratops Ballet comes from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OdmaTdiH0

beyond doing it as a kid no, the name Triceratops Ballet comes from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OdmaTdiH0

That is some bad sh1t in that haha. Never heard of the show in my life.

I hadn't done since a kid and went back to Adult ballet class once I moved here. Injured myself doing a pirouette! lol.

• Advertisement

That is some bad sh1t in that haha. Never heard of the show in my life.

I hadn't done since a kid and went back to Adult ballet class once I moved here. Injured myself doing a pirouette! lol.

it's a relatively new show, they're only filming season 3 now, if you like silly comedy I'd recommend it!

Advertisement