Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did An Post get my mobile number??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

whiterebel wrote:
    It doesn't make any difference to it getting it delivered, thats the point. Its a typical An Post/Semi State body, takes an idea that works for other companies, and then implements half of it, usually the wrong half. If they gave you an approximate time, you could then be present, or re-arrange.

When the postman scans the parcel a text is automatically sent to the customer. The customer can then ring the postman to arrange time or re-delivery. Few improvements on the parcel front in an post, evening and Saturday deliveries, there will be some teething problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

whiterebel wrote: »
    It doesn't make any difference to it getting it delivered, thats the point. Its a typical An Post/Semi State body, takes an idea that works for other companies, and then implements half of it, usually the wrong half. If they gave you an approximate time, you could then be present, or re-arrange.

An post have been doing email / text notification for over two years, but it was always up to the sender to input the details.

For vast majority of people post delivery is similar time each day. Their new automatic late afternoon / evening delivery attempt and Saturday option is something that no other delivery service is providing.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

whiterebel wrote:
    The usual time for our post is somewhere between 8.30am and 3pm. If they gave you an timeframe for delivery, the way DPD do, it would be useful.

I think the idea is that you ring the postman when you receive the message and he can tell you what time approx he'll be at your house.

You can also ask him to leave it with a neighbour or in the porch or anywhere that suits you really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Donutz wrote: »
    I think the idea is that you ring the postman when you receive the message and he can tell you what time approx he'll be at your house.

You can also ask him to leave it with a neighbour or in the porch or anywhere that suits you really.

None of that is on the text. "Dear Customer, your item is out for delivery today. If you will not be home, call 0xxxxxx to agree alternative delivery arrangements"
    Some clarity would be good, especially if the postie had a regular time to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Grainne may have many reasons she doesn't want her mobile number shared with too many people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could you have given in to An Post in relation to your TV licence?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The other thing I was thinking of, did you give your phone number to Google (for email account purposes)? Amazon may have got it from your gmail profile (assuming you have a gmail account). The same thing could be applicable to any other email provider, FB, etc. Whether that gave them the right to pass it on, it's a whole other kettle of fish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

New Home wrote: »
    Could you have given in to An Post in relation to your TV licence?
    New Home wrote: »
    The other thing I was thinking of, did you give your phone number to Google (for email account purposes)? Amazon may have got it from your gmail profile (assuming you have a gmail account). The same thing could be applicable to any other email provider, FB, etc. Whether that gave them the right to pass it on, it's a whole other kettle of fish.

My money is on her number been tied to her bank card used to purchase through Amazon, the verified by visa thing does it.

Advertisement