Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardboard Gangsters.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

The ending was definitely beyond stupid and ruined it for me as well. It didn't make sense and it seemed to be done to just make Connors character seem like the 'thug with the heart of gold', and so they could have that shot of him seeing the plane he should have been on fly over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Connors seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

Agreed it is a pity. His fame gives him a platform but ironically his own prejudices get in the way of things.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I wasn't having a go at him, just when he talks about how he's not getting roles and is stereotyped it's hard to have much sympathy for him when you consider that he has typecast himself thanks to the roles he wrote for himself.

I thought about this.
    But the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger hao ve made a career out of typecast roles.
    You could hardly call Arnold an actor with range especially at the start of his career.
    In fairness to John Connors he makes a convincing gangster type, but has he got the range to act in other roles?
    I am not so sure.

I could never watch love/hate because I could not take it seriously.
    But I decided to give this a go.

It was a bit hit and miss.
    Some dodgy 'Fair City' type acting from some of the cast.

The script was a bit patchy, and the ending a bit far fetched, but overall it was alright.

John Connors was decent, but for me the real star was Stephen Clinch (the bald money collector) it was a natural for him, and it showed.
    He would scare the bejayus out of anyone.

I found Kierston Wareing's whispery portrayal of Kim a bit 'Eastenders', I had to put on the subtiltles as I could not hear her.
    I checked her bio and sure enough she was in Eastenders in the past.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1663573/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

The funniest part of the film has to be the subtitles for 'Young fella' I think the person who typed it in must have gave up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I thought about this.
    But the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger hao ve made a career out of typecast roles.
    You could hardly call Arnold an actor with range especially at the start of his career.
    In fairness to John Connors he makes a convincing gangster type, but has he got the range to act in other roles?
    I am not so sure.

No boss hes a one dimensional "actor".

Advertisement