Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Vincent - Dublin - Oct 20th

Options
  • 21-06-2017 4:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have a very special announcement for you – ST VINCENT FEAR THE FUTURE TOUR. Registration for USA pre-sale starts now (In order to participate in the USA fan pre-sale on June 27, you must pre-register by June 25!). Global fan pre-sale begins June 27, general on-sale begins June 30. For all ticket information go to ilovestvincent.com.

8/19 – Tokyo, Japan – Summer Sonic
    10/17 – London, UK – O2 Academy Brixton
    10/18 – Manchester, UK – O2 Apollo Manchester
    10/20 – Dublin, Ireland – Olympia Theatre
    10/23 – Brussels, Belgium – Ancienne Belgique
    10/24 – Paris, France – Le Trianon
    10/26 – Berlin, Germany – Huxleys
    10/27 – Utrecht, Netherlands – TivoliVrendenburg
    11/14 – Detroit, MI – The Fillmore
    11/15 – Indianapolis, IN – Egyptian Room
    11/17 – Milwaukee, WI – Riverside Theater
    11/18 – St. Paul, MN – Palace Theater
    11/19 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater
    11/20 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
    11/21 – Louisville, KY – Whitney Hall
    11/22 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
    11/24 – Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Theatre
    11/25 – Durham, NC – Durham Performing Arts Center
    11/27 – Washington, DC – The Anthem
    11/28 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
    11/30 – Boston, MA – House of Blues
    12/1 – Portland, ME – State Theatre
    12/2 – Brooklyn, NY – Kings Theatre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Excellent news. I'd imagine tickets will be like gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Great she's playing but pity it's the Olympia. Terrible sightlines and acoustics last few times I was there (the crowd management is poxy) and vowed never again. I would have thought she'd be big enough for a 3 Arena show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Is there any hoops you need to jump through to access the pre-sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Great she's playing but pity it's the Olympia. Terrible sightlines and acoustics last few times I was there (the crowd management is poxy) and vowed never again. I would have thought she'd be big enough for a 3 Arena show.

She would fill the Bord Gais theatre but the three arena would not be a big seller. She did not sell out the Iveagh gardens last time.
    I agree with you on the Olympia, its a very poor cramped venue.

Peter File wrote: »
    She would fill the Bord Gais theatre but the three arena would not be a big seller. She did not sell out the Iveagh gardens last time.
    I agree with you on the Olympia, its a very poor cramped venue.

Yes never thought of Bord Gais but I don't know if they permit a standing area.

There's definitely a need for a custom venue in Dublin for these mid sized gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have seen her support Grizzly Bear in Vicar Street and then solo in Button Factory, Olympia and Iveagh Gardens. Not too gone on last album and as said before, Olympia can be a pain.

Button Factory (Strange Mercy) tour was incredible.

Saw the artwork today for her tour. She seems to be going for a kitsch 80s retrowave vibe to the whole thing so the new album should be a killer.

I wonder will the show be grander in scope than earlier tours (and can it please be moved from the Olympia :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Agree - from the look of the artwork, seems to be a similar vibe and probably a large scale production tour wise like the last tour e.g. iveagh gardens. Wish there was a new track or two out before tickets go on sale mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Presales isn't coming up for me on ticketmaster, anyone else having th e same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The VIP one is "open", but not the general admission.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Presales isn't coming up for me on ticketmaster, anyone else having th e same problem?
    Just for the VIP experience nonsense.  Which wasn't available at the purchase step anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Presale for tickets was meant to start today too according to the St Vincent web site with PW: FUTUREFEAR, but no option on TM to enter the presale code....

run44 wrote: »
    Presale for tickets was meant to start today too according to the St Vincent web site with PW: FUTUREFEAR, but no option on TM to enter the presale code....

The links for all the other countries seems to be working

The links for all the other countries seems to be working

Typical :rolleyes:

We're in!

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Now working!

Well, that was half an hour well spent...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

2 standing tickets woop! Now we wait for a single release.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Got 2 in the circle, didn't fancy standing this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thanks folks - wasn't aware of presale..
    Got Circle row C, so happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

And tickets got:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Arghus wrote: »
    Excellent news. I'd imagine tickets will be like gold dust.

She has 2 nights off after the Fri Olympia gig so there is a high possibility that the Sat night will be added too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

I presume I've missed the boat on the pre-sale, but just in case: is there anyway of getting a pre-sale code now?

I presume I've missed the boat on the pre-sale, but just in case: is there anyway of getting a pre-sale code now?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/st-vincent-dublin-10-20-2017/event/180052DA90B9213B?artistid=1132941&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Code: FUTUREFEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thanks to those for the heads up on these tickets. Managed to get 2 handily earlier. Looking forward to this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What do people reckon will be the chances of this selling out - particularly standing - before tomorrow/Friday? Cash is real toight. I'd be gutted if I miss this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Arghus wrote: »
    What do people reckon will be the chances of this selling out - particularly standing - before tomorrow/Friday? Cash is real toight. I'd be gutted if I miss this gig.

If it does sell out ,there is a high possibility of the Saturday night being added as there is a gap in the touring schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Cheers for posting the code. Can't wait to see her again. I managed to see her three times on the last tour and each one was a treat. She's one of the best live acts of her generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

• Advertisement
Advertisement