Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

What I log about when I log about running

1568101126

Comments



  • eyrie wrote: »
    Well I get horribly confused by the miles/kilometres business, but you've got about 10 miles for the week on me I think, which is fairly substantial! It's a third more than I've been doing.
    I hear you about the fears though, it still seems like such an unknowable beast. Which it is, I guess. All we can do is train well and put ourselves in a good position to tackle it, and it looks to me like you're definitely doing that.

    Ah, yeah, I'm just aware that it might seem like overkill for someone of my ability.

    I think I never changed to tracking in miles because it makes me feel even slower :p

    Don't forget, I'm six weeks ahead of you because I'm doing a different marathon and I've a three-week holiday before I start training.




  • Monday, February 19
    Plan: Easy 8k
    Actual: Easy 8k
    Avg HR: 133 HR Max: 147
    Splits: 7:28; 7:57; 7:44; 7:42; 7:51; 7:31; and 7:30

    Delighted with this. I’ve been trying, and failing, to run these Monday runs within the prescribed paces but towards the slower end to keep them as recovery efforts. This is the first time I managed it and it was a really enjoyable run. To be perfectly honest, it was the pace the legs wanted to run at, but it meant I could largely ignore my watch for the duration. Ran around a carpark a few times to hit the 8k; running is making me slightly lula.

    Tuesday, February 20
    Plan: [email protected] pace
    Total: 5.3km
    Avg Pace: 7:32 min/km
    Splits: 7:47; 7:41; 7:42; 7:51; 7:32; 7:50; 7:30; 6:57; 7:02; 6:47; 6:55; 7:25 and 8:05
    Avg HR: 135 Max: 145

    I knew I wasn’t getting a session done today. I thought I wasn’t going to get a run in at all. A very stressful day, indeed, and when I spotted a small window of opportunity, I had my gear on and was out the door before I could’ve talked myself out of it. More of a stress busting run than anything else. Progress, though. The old Huzzah! would’ve taken the unscheduled day off.

    Wednesday, February 21
    Plan: Off.
    Total: 12.33km, [email protected] pace
    Avg HR: 151 Max HR: 179
    Splits: 4:02; 3:58; 4:00; 4:02; 3:59; and 4:03

    I’m proud of me for not skipping my session because I hate these. Although, they’re getting less horrific the more I do of them. I just jinxed next week’s, didn’t I?

    Turns out there’s a loop outside my apartment that’s exactly 800m, which was useful as this was where I chose to do the intervals. My neighbours probably think I’m batty, but sure. The first one was horrible. It felt so tough and I was constantly behind pace, but after that, it was okay. It helped that I knew exactly where each one would end, so I could pretty much ignore my watch and just run at what felt like the correct effort. It became clear to me how much the Garmin struggles with measuring these types of intervals. At one point, I was brought to a complete standstill by a doggie who thought I was his mum and my watch was buzzing at me to tell me to slow down. I have been taking full recoveries for these, but I shortened some for this session.

    Friday, February 23
    Plan: Tempo 6k
    Total: 11km, incl 6km tempo
    Tempo Splits: 6:08; 6:06; 6:02; 6:06: 6:11; and 6:06
    Avg HR: 153 Max HR: 162

    Tempo Thursday became Tempo Friday to allow for a rest day between SOS. This was great. I loved it. I started the tempo on Strand Road and ran to Merrion Gates and back, finishing with a wee loop of the park. I had been warned that the wind was strong on the way out and it was, which made the first part tough enough. It didn’t feel any tougher than doing it as the runmute, though. Then, I turned at the Merrion Gates and it felt great. I was gliding along, not wanting it to end. For once, the wind was a help and not a hindrance :) Turned back into the wind for the last 700m or so, so at least it wasn’t all easy :)

    Saturday, February 24
    Plan: Easy 10k
    Total: 10k
    Avg pace: 7:25min/km

    Forgot my HRM for the first time ever. This run felt fine. My legs weren’t hugely tired or anything and it really was a beautiful day for running. Maybe could’ve been slower, but not necessary, I don’t think.

    Sunday, February 25
    Plan: Easy 16KM
    Total: 16km
    Splits: 7:28; 7:27; 7:19; 7:28; 7:32; 7:38; 7:28; 7:17; 7:03; 7:33; 7:16; 7:12; 7:08; 7:01; 7:16 and 7:15
    Avg HR: 144 Max HR: 159

    Too fast in places but felt very easy. Bit of a humdrum run, plodding along. There was a 5k road race on in Curracloe and I ran some of the route in reverse. Wouldn’t fancy trying to race 5k on those hills. Small bit of a niggly hip. Need to watch that.

    63 kilometres this week and a drop-back week. Bang on halfway through the plan, which is small bit daunting. No doubt the easy half is behind me.




  • You're showing impressive determination!




  • juke wrote: »
    You're showing impressive determination!

    That's exactly the word I'd use to describe the week, actually!




  • Well done on a great week's running.


  • Advertisement


  • Super week Huzzah. I'm so impressed by your consistency and dedication, you're unbelievable. That's a step back week and i could only dream of running that mileage.




  • You're really handling the mileage and the demands of the plan brilliantly - it doesn't seem to be taking much out of you at all! That's a great position to be in at the halfway point




  • Monday, February 26
    Plan: Easy 10k
    Total: 10k
    Avg HR: 140 Max HR: 158
    Splits: 7:32; 7:57; 8:04; 7:52; 7:55; 7:33; 7:35; 7:33; 7:29; and 7:23

    Tough enough, if I remember correctly, until my legs loosened out.

    Tuesday, February 27

    Plan: 5 x 1K
    Total: 9.87k, incl 5 x 1k
    Avg HR: 152 Max HR: 179
    Splits: 5:00; 4:41 (short); 5:04; 5:06; and 5:02.

    Very difficult session that I struggled through from start to finish. Canned the second one early as you can see. I did these outside the apartment and it was difficult not to quit. This is the last of these types of session and it would’ve been nice to finish on a good note. I’m a bit scared of VO2 Max sessions, but I was starting to come around to them.

    Thursday, March 1

    Plan: SOS – 6k Tempo plus warm up and cool down. 1-3 miles suggested.
    Total: Nada

    First missed run of the plan – not bad for 10 weeks in. If I’m not able to get to work, I’m not able to run.

    Friday, March 2
    Plan: Easy 8k
    Total: Nada

    I went for an exploratory walk to the village and back, if that counts.

    Saturday, March 3

    Plan: Easy 8k
    Total: Nada

    Starting to get antsy.

    Sunday, March 4
    Plan:
    Long 19.11k
    Total: [email protected]:12min/km (Three episodes of the Gilmore Girls)
    Avg HR: 148 Max HR: 164

    The roads are pretty clear but the pavements are full of compacted ice. It’s not safe to run on the road – they’re quite busy, so I bought myself a day pass to a gym and loaded up my iPad with some Gilmore Girls. Tis a long time to spend on a treadmill and I nearly caved when D finished his 14k GA, but I stuck at it. The last 4k were pretty tough. It got very warm and my HR started to climb a bit from where it had been. I was so dizzy when I got off – must’ve confused my inner ear with all the ‘flix watching. Got a nice bit of arm chafe, too, to remind me of what’s to come when the weather improves. (It will improve, right?!) Kind of ragin’ I hadn’t signed up for the Lusk 4 mile. Could’a made use of the enforced taper.

    39 kilometers and not a week to remember. I haven’t missed a run before this week and I did some extra runs at the start of the plan, so, hopefully, there won’t be too much of an impact. I don’t think I’ll have to review my target provided there aren’t any more hiccups during the next seven weeks. I spent my copious downtime looking at potential marathon plans, but haven’t settled on one yet.

    This week sees a change from speed sessions to strength sessions, which look pretty intense. I am looking forward to giving one a go, though. Better the divil you know, or something.




  • Ooooh do share what you're thinking about the marathon plans! What ones are you looking at?




  • eyrie wrote: »
    Ooooh do share what you're thinking about the marathon plans! What ones are you looking at?

    Your goal might be different to mine? I'm trying to find a plan that strikes a balance between having enough miles to get me around (as) comfortably (as possible) with the fact that I'm a beginner at the distance. My goal is twofold: 1. to get to the start line in one piece; and 2. to finish. It may be a cop out, but I won't be pursuing any real time goal, apart from having a sub-5hour in my mind and that's largely to do with basing training paces off, rather than being a goal time.

    I've discounted: Pfitz and Meno, as they're too advanced for me and the novice Hal plan, as it's too light on midweek mileage (for me, personally).

    I'm intrigued by the Hanson plan and a lot of what's said by them and others around here, who I trust a lot in, is that the long-long run poses more risks than its worth. I am, however, aware that I'm not mentally strong enough to top my long run out at 16 miles. Sure, I was a basket case at the idea of doing RTL :o I also like the look of the BAA plans: http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/participant-information/boston-marathon-training-plan.aspx

    But I'll probably end up doing the tried-and-trusted Boards plan. It tops out at 40/43 miles, which might mean I ended up doing more mileage for a half than a marathon :confused:

    Any thoughts yourself?


  • Advertisement


  • Huzzah! wrote: »

    But I'll probably end up doing the tried-and-trusted Boards plan. It tops out at 40/43 miles, which might mean I ended up doing more mileage for a half than a marathon :confused:

    Any thoughts yourself?

    You could always seek advice on increasing the mileage on the plan? I'm sure whoever is mentoring and the backroom staff will be happy to advice you. We had plenty of people last year with a lot of marathon experience who were very quick to help us out on any queries we had. Maybe someone will do a Boards Advanced plan for you :)




  • ariana` wrote: »
    You could always seek advice on increasing the mileage on the plan? I'm sure whoever is mentoring and the backroom staff will be happy to advice you. We had plenty of people last year with a lot of marathon experience who were very quick to help us out on any queries we had. Maybe someone will do a Boards Advanced plan for you :)

    So annoyed for you that your half was cancelled! Don't worry about losing the mojo a bit - it's perfectly natural. No doubt it will return once you've a new point of focus.

    Thanks for the suggestion - I'm conscious that a sub-5hour marathon isn't exactly "advanced" territory and I also think I'd need to be careful of asking for advice on the general novices' thread. You know yourself it might put doubts in other posters' minds about the plan they're following, which wouldn't be fair. I might either pop it up here with a few additional miles on the easy days and ask for input or just aim to add a few miles on certain days here or there.




  • If your looking at BAA plans the Meno & Pfitz plans are not to advanced for you IMHO. In years past I know some have done the Meno plan on the Novices thread. It’s all about finding what you feel comfortable with plan wise and one you know suits you.




  • Huzzah! wrote: »
    So annoyed for you that your half was cancelled! Don't worry about losing the mojo a bit - it's perfectly natural. No doubt it will return once you've a new point of focus.

    Thanks for the suggestion - I'm conscious that a sub-5hour marathon isn't exactly "advanced" territory and I also think I'd need to be careful of asking for advice on the general novices' thread. You know yourself it might put doubts in other posters' minds about the plan they're following, which wouldn't be fair. I might either pop it up here with a few additional miles on the easy days and ask for input or just aim to add a few miles on certain days here or there.

    That's so true :o But yeah, i'm sure you'll get the advice you need in some form or other. It's great that you have your log up and running, i found it very useful last year in combination with the novice thread.




  • OOnegative wrote: »
    If your looking at BAA plans the Meno & Pfitz plans are not to advanced for you IMHO. In years past I know some have done the Meno plan on the Novices thread. It’s all about finding what you feel comfortable with plan wise and one you know suits you.

    Totally agree. You'd be well able for the meno plan, whether it suits you is another question. How are you finding the Hanson half plan? If you're liking it I'd chance the full plan.




  • Huzzah! wrote: »
    Your goal might be different to mine? I'm trying to find a plan that strikes a balance between having enough miles to get me around (as) comfortably (as possible) with the fact that I'm a beginner at the distance. My goal is twofold: 1. to get to the start line in one piece; and 2. to finish. It may be a cop out, but I won't be pursuing any real time goal, apart from having a sub-5hour in my mind and that's largely to do with basing training paces off, rather than being a goal time.

    I've discounted: Pfitz and Meno, as they're too advanced for me and the novice Hal plan, as it's too light on midweek mileage (for me, personally).

    I'm intrigued by the Hanson plan and a lot of what's said by them and others around here, who I trust a lot in, is that the long-long run poses more risks than its worth. I am, however, aware that I'm not mentally strong enough to top my long run out at 16 miles. Sure, I was a basket case at the idea of doing RTL :o I also like the look of the BAA plans: http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/participant-information/boston-marathon-training-plan.aspx

    But I'll probably end up doing the tried-and-trusted Boards plan. It tops out at 40/43 miles, which might mean I ended up doing more mileage for a half than a marathon :confused:

    Any thoughts yourself?

    I don't have a goal, other than to manage to do it and have it not be total agony! I haven't really looked into plans yet, beyond having a bit of a squint at the Boards plan and the Meno plan, since they're both online. And hal higdon too, but I don't plan on following his. I know nothing about the other ones you're talking about, apart from having heard of them! I ruled out all the famous names (Pfitz, hanson), assuming they would be too advanced. But I haven't seen them, so that's not an opinion that's based on anything really.

    I plan to keep it fairly simple given it's all so new, so I'd say I'll do the Boards plan (maaaaaybe with a few extra miles) or Meno once I look at it a bit more closely. I get the feeling you'd be well able for it as you've such a good base built up, you seem to have no problem handling the training, and you're really consistent. So whatever you start I'll probably copy you a few weeks later :P




  • Only just seen your log today Huzzah. You are doing incredible mileage.

    Very interested in your choice of marathon plans. Just looking at them now. I’m currently following Hal Higdon Marathon 3 as it’s suitable for somebody who can only run 4 days a week. It’s for my 4th marathon. Constantly wondering about other plans as will be choosing another for a DCM then. Those Boston ones you posted look great.

    Best of luck with your choice.




  • OOnegative wrote: »
    If your looking at BAA plans the Meno & Pfitz plans are not to advanced for you IMHO. In years past I know some have done the Meno plan on the Novices thread. It’s all about finding what you feel comfortable with plan wise and one you know suits you.
    chickey2 wrote: »
    Totally agree. You'd be well able for the meno plan, whether it suits you is another question. How are you finding the Hanson half plan? If you're liking it I'd chance the full plan.

    Thanks, both. I've had a closer look and read through some of the grads thread, but I'm still undecided. I'd need to condense it to 15 weeks, which I think is fine given some of Meno's comments in that thread. My main concern is that I'm so slow some of the sessions would have me on my feet for a considerable amount of time. Ho hum. I've pretty much discounted Hanson. Too fwightened of the lack of long runs.
    eyrie wrote: »
    I don't have a goal, other than to manage to do it and have it not be total agony! I haven't really looked into plans yet, beyond having a bit of a squint at the Boards plan and the Meno plan, since they're both online. And hal higdon too, but I don't plan on following his. I know nothing about the other ones you're talking about, apart from having heard of them! I ruled out all the famous names (Pfitz, hanson), assuming they would be too advanced. But I haven't seen them, so that's not an opinion that's based on anything really.

    I plan to keep it fairly simple given it's all so new, so I'd say I'll do the Boards plan (maaaaaybe with a few extra miles) or Meno once I look at it a bit more closely. I get the feeling you'd be well able for it as you've such a good base built up, you seem to have no problem handling the training, and you're really consistent. So whatever you start I'll probably copy you a few weeks later :P

    Cool - similar goal to myself so. Thanks for your confidence. I'm feeling a bit dead this week, so I'm not sure that I am handling the mileage all that well. Although, tbf, training for a half will do that to a person :)




  • Monday, March 5
    Plan: Easy 8k
    Actual: Easy 8.08k
    Avg HR: 138 HR Max: 163
    Splits: 7:41; 7:45; 7:55; 7:38; 7:42; 7:51; 8:03; and 7:35

    HR was bananas at the start, hence the relatively high max. I think this is caused by staticy t-shirts and wasn’t a true reading. The ice was getting worse the closer to home I got, so I was glad this was only 8 as opposed to 10k.

    Tuesday, March 6
    Plan: [email protected] - 10 seconds
    Total: 16.10km
    SOS splits: 6:03; 6:03; 6:03; 6:02; 6:02; and 6:01
    Avg HR: 155 Max: 169

    The first of the so-called strength sessions. “Strength” means HMP minus 10 seconds per mile, which worked out at about 6:03/km. I found this pace super easy to lock into. Ran some of the Poolbeg parkrun course and then out along Strand Road. the Night Run was on, so I had company of a sort for the return leg, which might explain the faster last split. I wasn’t worried about this session until I realised what it actually entailed - 10k of running at a relative clip, but I really enjoyed this. It was probably easier than it should have been because of last week being so light on miles, but I’ll take it as a good session. I think for speedier folk, this would be an LT zone, but I only really hit LT effort on the final repeat.

    Thursday, March 7
    Plan: 8k tempo.
    Total: 11.67km, incl [email protected]
    Avg HR: 169 Max HR: 178
    Tempo Splits: 6:09; 6:03; 6:10; 6:11; 6:01; 6:09 and 6:14

    My legs had felt fine on Wednesday and Thursday after Tuesday’s SOS and I was looking forward to Tempo Thursday. As soon as I started running, however, my legs felt heavy and dead. I was hot and my HR was too high. I actually wondered to myself what I was at. Why couldn’t I just commute like a normal person and quit running. I decided to ignore HR and picked up the pace a bit on the warm up and felt a bit better. The tempo was hard but doable, although, unlike Tuesday, I was decidedly in my LT zone and beyond, which is a bit of a concern - I’m not sure if that casts doubt on my PHMP but I’ll give this session a go on flatter ground in the next couple of weeks. I didn’t cut this session short because I was struggling; rather, I was browned off with picking my way over ice patches, so I called it a day. No point in getting injured over 400m.

    Friday, March 8
    Plan: Easy 10k
    Total: Easy 10km
    Splits: 8:06; 7:19; 7:22; 7:29; 7:25; 7:25; 7:23; 7:15; 7:15; and 7:44
    Avg HR: 136 Max HR: 146

    I’m certainly getting used to running on dead legs. I enjoyed this pootle around D4. The flat profile of the route meant a very easy recovery effort yielded splits at the upper end of the pace range. Blue with the cold by the end of it, though.

    Saturday, March 9
    Plan: Easy 16k
    Total: 16k
    Avg pace: 7:35; 7:31; 7:27; 7:10; 7:42; 7:29; 7:32; 7:21; 7:15; 7:12; 7:05; 7:14; 6:58; 6:52; 7:32; 7:49

    I’ve managed to lose my HRM - very frustrating. I ran down to Marlay to incorporate a parkrun finish into my long run. Legs were very dead and heavy and I was glad of parkrun to pull me along. I would’ve maybe struggled on my own. Of course, I did this run a day early and too fast, so I’ve no one to blame other than myself for adding to the difficulty.

    Sunday, March 10
    Plan: Easy 8KM
    Total: 6.4km
    Avg pace: 7:55min/km

    Yep, a casual almost 13-minute miles required to get a hungover Huzzah! through four miles. I just wasn’t able for the last one, so I sacked it off.

    68 kilometres this week and a small question mark over PHMP. My legs are tired and 29 April feels very far away.




  • Well done. High mileage there and still ages to go before the race so you’ll fly it. Is there a step back week soon to give you a break?


  • Advertisement


  • Kellygirl wrote: »
    Well done. High mileage there and still ages to go before the race so you’ll fly it. Is there a step back week soon to give you a break?

    That was a step-back week :o There’s no step-back week in traditional sense, but every second week is easier. I’ll be grand. The gin hangover has me whingy.




  • Huzzah! wrote: »
    That was a step-back week :o There’s no step-back week in traditional sense, but every second week is easier. I’ll be grand. The gin hangover has me whingy.

    Wow! Hopefully it’s just the gin so! :D




  • I had a very similar experience re: the dead legs all this week - maybe there's something in the air!
    Personally I wouldn't start questioning your target pace just yet. We all have those days/weeks where the effort is higher than normal, could be down to any number of things. Only an issue if it keeps up.

    Hope the HR strap turns up!




  • eyrie wrote: »
    I had a very similar experience re: the dead legs all this week - maybe there's something in the air!
    Personally I wouldn't start questioning your target pace just yet. We all have those days/weeks where the effort is higher than normal, could be down to any number of things. Only an issue if it keeps up.

    Hope the HR strap turns up!

    I hope it turns up before I convince myself that I need a new watch to replace it :)




  • Huzzah! wrote: »
    I hope it turns up before I convince myself that I need a new watch to replace it :)

    You can buy the HR straps on their own :D #buzzkill

    Actually, I have at least one spare you're welcome to....




  • You can buy the HR straps on their own :D #buzzkill

    Actually, I have at least one spare you're welcome to....

    You're very good. I'm borrowing one at the moment, so I'm not badly stuck. I want to make sure it's actually lost before I pull the trigger on a new one :)




  • I had a bit of time, so I thought I'd update my log to date.

    Monday, March 12
    Plan: 8k Easy
    Total:
    8k
    Avg HR: 137 Max HR: 151
    Splits: 7:45; 7:45; 7:35; 7:30; 7:26; 7:41; 7:43; and 7:37

    So, it turns out running the super slow recovery on the previous Sunday really sorted the legs out and I enjoyed this. I’m still getting used to active recovery and it’s great when it works out.

    Tuesday, March 13
    Plan: Strength 4 x 1.5miles with 800m recoveries.
    Total: 17ish kms, incl 4 x 1.5miles with 800m recoveries
    SOS Splits: 6:01; 6:03; 6:02; and 6:00 (Aim 6:03)

    I think I enjoyed and hated this run in equal measures. No HR data as my borrowed strap fell off. I chose to do this along the Clontarf seafront, incorporating a dander around St Anne’s. My word but it was windy and I was so, so cold. I think the wind is what threw my pacing off a wee bit. Hit my stride then and once I’d turned away from the wind, I began to enjoy myself and warm up. The intervals felt comfortably uncomfortable but the last one was very tough. It was too fast because my watch was telling me to speed up for some reason. Anyway, it felt pretty much like the last few kms in a race – so good practice.

    Thursday, March 15
    Plan: SOS – 8k Tempo plus warm up and cool down. 1-3 miles suggested.
    Total: Approx 12k, incl 8k tempo
    Avg HR: 162 Max HR: 175
    SOS Splits: 6:10; 6:09; 6:05; 6:06; 6:19; 5:56; and 6:16

    I used to enjoy these so much and now I just worry about pacing too much. Grumble. I’m going to say that the 6:19 and 5:56 are just wrong. The 6:19 was recorded on the easiest part of my runmute, so there’s just no way that’s right. More practice needed on hitting the required pace of 6:10 but the average was 6:09 which isn’t too bad. The good news is it felt more doable than last week’s effort and the HR avg seems a bit better, too.

    I'm following the advanced long runs and the long run for this week is long 23k, but I'm running the Wicklow half next weekend as a training run, so I thought I'd just follow the beginner plan and do a long 19k. This would mean no dropback to an easy 16 for a couple of weeks - hope this is okay :confused:




  • Well done on a great week. Keep that slow recovery run in your plan. It really does work wonders! :)

    Don't be worrying about being a few seconds out on your splits. It's practically impossible to hit them on the button repeatedly. As long as they are reasonably well grouped you're doing great. Keeping it enjoyable is the main thing :) We'll not see grumbles, hating or worries from this log again :pac:

    Best of luck in Wicklow.




  • Friday, March 16
    Plan: Easy 10k
    Total: Easy 10km
    Splits: 7:22; 7:29; 7:36; 7:30; 7:31; 7:30; 7:27; 7:30; 7:24; and 7:22
    Avg HR: 132 Max HR: 147

    Nice’n’easy along the seafront.

    Saturday, March 17
    Plan: Easy 8k
    Total: 7.2k
    Avg HR: 141 Max HR: 168
    Splits: 7:35; 7:26; 6:55; 7:08; 7:11; 7:10; 7:24; and 8:27

    I ran this with D, so I wasn’t as disciplined with pace as I should be. Nice to have company, though. It’s very rare that I do. We talked each other out of the last km :o

    Monday, March 19
    Plan: Long 19km
    Total: 19km
    Avg HR: 139 Max HR: 160
    Avg pace: 6:56min/km

    I’m sure plenty of people managed to run yesterday, but the snow meant we drove to the seafront to get this done and then the wind was awful. I reminded myself that running is just a hobby after all and abandoned ship.

    Long-run-take-two today and I wasn’t hugely motivated. The planned 6.4km seemed much more enticing, but I managed to get the full 19km done. Despite the cold, the sun is strong enough and I arrived home frecklier than when I left. The run was fine. I was slightly lacking in energy for the first five or so k, but settled in and got the job done. I’ve no splits because this run is refusing to upload to Strava for some irritating reason.

    73 kilometres (I think - maths are not my strong point) in this eight-day week and I’m feeling okay. The result of the eight-day week is that all my sessions are going to be pushed out a day this week, so I’ll see how the legs feel before I commit to running Wicklow next Sunday. The plan calls for an easy 16k that day, but I was going to swap it to next week’s Long 23k, but I won’t make a final decision until closer to the time or halfway through the race, knowing me.

    In other news, the Wexford Half (ie goal race) route has changed slightly. I’m not sure what impact the change has, if any, but it may mean an additional hill.


  • Advertisement


  • Didn't realise the Wexford half route change might mean more hills, flip! It wasn't nearly as flat as I was expecting/hoping for last year.

    That's some mileage you're doing, I'm in awe!


Advertisement