Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eternity ring / push presents

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I received a beautiful €2.99 pot plant, with the price tag still on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

My husband got me a very nice bottle of wine, not really a push present more a 'thanks for taking such good care of our unborn baby and putting his needs first' kind of a present.

You do put your own life on hold for nearly a year and I think your other half should acknowledge the toll it takes on your body and life. There doesn't need to be a present just a note of appreciation.

I would have loved the cleaner voucher that someone else suggested, very practical.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got cheese. :D

I'd been craving all sorts of unpasteurised cheeses and runny fried egg sambos all through the pregnancy so when I got home from the hospital there was a cheese and wine hamper waiting for me and he made me a divine double decker fried egg sambo with a big mug of tae exactly the way I liked it. Plus he'd the house absolutely spotless and fresh bedding on the bed for me.

I picked a good 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My push 'presents' on each of mine was him doing the nights feeds for the first few nights I got home from the hospital, after 3 & 5 days in hospital sleeping on a noisy, public hospital ward there was no better present than a full nights sleep in my own bed...bliss:)
    Some things money just can't buy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Ms2011 wrote: »
    My push 'presents' on each of mine was him doing the nights feeds for the first few nights I got home from the hospital, after 3 & 5 days in hospital sleeping on a noisy, public hospital ward there was no better present than a full nights sleep in my own bed...bliss:)
    Some things money just can't buy ;)

Oh WOW! Maybe I should reconsider breastfeeding this time.....

On #1 neither of us slept at all for week 1 as babs was a terrible sleeper and never napped and.... Oh God..... Here we go again...... Aaargh!!! 😀

• Advertisement

73trix wrote: »
    Oh WOW! Maybe I should reconsider breastfeeding this time.....

I breastfed #2, fed her myself before I went to sleep, she'd sleep for 6 hours, hubby gave her a bottle at night, put her back down and I'd feed her myself the next morning.
    She was a great sleep though, still is ;)

I breastfed #2, fed her myself before I went to sleep, she'd sleep for 6 hours, hubby gave her a bottle at night, put her back down and I'd feed her myself the next morning.

A newborn only waking once per night is incredible!

We didn't get a 6 hr stretch til at least 4 mths. #envy

73trix wrote: »
    We didn't get a 6 hr stretch til at least 4 mths. #envy

My wee man is five months and we aren't even getting a 3 hour stretch!

My wee man is five months and we aren't even getting a 3 hour stretch!

Are you bfeeding? I think it only happened when one bottle of formula appeared in night feed regime! Thank Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

A push present? What's that? A present for pushing out a baby??!!! Wtf???!!!

I don't understand how it is a present. Surely if this is your partner or husband the money to pay for it comes out if your joint fund.... so you're effectively paying for half if it yourself and also if he spends this money you can't buy something else.....

A newborn only waking once per night is incredible!

Nurses in the hospital weren't happy & would give out to me for not waking her every 3 hours especially as I was breastfeeding but she still managed to leave hospital at 3 days old weighing the same as her birth weight so she was obviously getting all she needed and was content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Wesser wrote: »
    I don't understand how it is a present. Surely if this is your partner or husband the money to pay for it comes out if your joint fund.... so you're effectively paying for half if it yourself and also if he spends this money you can't buy something else.....

Couldn't you say the same about any present ever bought in a long term relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Second baby thing?? My second was the same, went to bed with her at 9pm (we co slept) fed her (also breastfeeding), she might wake at around 3/4am for a feed (or in the early weeks I'd wake and give her a nudge!) and then onto 8am!

Whopper sleeper! I feel we earned it after a disastrous first sleeper :D

My husband happened to buy me a ring for our first wedding anniversary which is coincidentally when we found out I was pregnant with #1. On my second he got me a chain with my girls initials on it and his birthstone. Haven't taken it off since and it's my favourite thing I've ever owned. I've never referred to it as a push present but he wanted to give me something to mark our little family growing!

Advertisement