Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Would these misprices be in store...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

If you do get one of these and the money leaves your account, can they legally still cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

went to the shop today and it says its closed due to system malfunction or whatever

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

IvoryTower wrote: »
    went to the shop today and it says its closed due to system malfunction or whatever

The shop itself is closed?
    That's a bit extreme......?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Are all stores closed...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

They fixed argos.co.uk
    We rescanned it on www.scanprice.co.uk

Still same mistakes - looks like a big issue they have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Some saving.....:eek::eek:
    427889.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

degsie wrote: »
    Some saving.....:eek::eek:
    427889.JPG

In the tradition of bargain alerts I reserved 25 of them as I'm building a wall in the back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I take it nobody got any of these items did they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

juneg wrote: »
    I take it nobody got any of these items did they?

I got 10 laptops. Then realised I already had a laptop so they're now on Adverts for less than the RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The shop itself is closed?
    That's a bit extreme......?

It will probably reopen as www.arg.osie ;)

Shame, I was looking for an i7 laptop for around the €18 mark and was willing to go the extra 99c..
    Click teasers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

I have a series 3 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch reserved in Mahon Point. The price is showing €99.
    If anyone close by wants the reservation code I will send it on,with one condition, please let me know if they honor it as I have another one reserved in a store (slightly) closer to me & will go for a drive tomorrow if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

ffocused wrote: »
    I have a series 3 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch reserved in Mahon Point. The price is showing €99.
    If anyone close by wants the reservation code I will send it on,with one condition, please let me know if they honor it as I have another one reserved in a store (slightly) closer to me & will go for a drive tomorrow if it works.

I'll take it thanks very much.

flangemeistro, pm sent.

Fingers crossed it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How much of a saving is this? Is there any more available for reservation?

How much of a saving is this? Is there any more available for reservation?

€409 is what it should cost. The prices of most Apple watches are messed up on argos.ie at the moment, you might find another cheap one in stock with a bit of searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone have a reservation in Limerick they don't want??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i highly doubt that they will honour that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

OMG when is this page going to be update and we find out if you got the watches for 99 or not.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

OMG when is this page going to be update and we find out if you got the watches for 99 or not.....

Just back after nearly an hour of an argument.
    Their system wouldn't recognise the reservation number or the catalogue number so the manager had to ring head office who told her she cant sell it because it's not released in the UK yet so it hasn't been added to their system.

Nothing was mentioned about the price or that it was an error but they said they'll Push out my reservation till the 2nd of October and ring when it's released.

I don't think it's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

fingers crossed for you. Its such a buzz when these things work out!

I didn’t try to get one as the price updated on website yesterday morning. Wasn’t worth driving to Limerick for a slim chance of success. I do have 3 more reserved for next weekend, I tried reserving for Wexford store but they all ended up reserved in Arklow for some reason. I should get a text when they arrive in store...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I didn’t try to get one as the price updated on website yesterday morning. Wasn’t worth driving to Limerick for a slim chance of success. I do have 3 more reserved for next weekend, I tried reserving for Wexford store but they all ended up reserved in Arklow for some reason. I should get a text when they arrive in store...

if you have a limerick reservation id be glad to try it for you :)

phill106 wrote: »
    if you have a limerick reservation id be glad to try it for you :)

The Limerick reservation expired yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

did anyone get the iwatch @99 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

skinny90 wrote: »
    did anyone get the iwatch @99 euro?

You mean Apple watch?

I got texts that said “Apple Watch dummy 33” is ready to collect in Arklow.
    I reckon they flagged the error last weekend & sent out dummy display watches instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Advertisement