Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Unfortunately it's down more often than it's up these days.
    That's what she said...

Shame it's not working, dead handy for sourcing bargains. Shame argos never implemented the feature on their site..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did anyone contact witnessmenow?
    I thought he said more than happy to be told it's down?

But if somebody else already has, don't want to be bombarding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Bargain from Hotukdeals.
    Cant check stock as checkargos down. can reserve or order. Got one in Limerick.
    SIM Free Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB - Canary Yellow 880/9083
    Half Price
    €410.00
    Only stock in navan, cork and Liffey valley as of 23:55

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

KAGY wrote: »
    Only stock in navan, cork and Liffey valley as of 23:55

Have a code if anyone wants it PM me. In the west

I usually do but I haven't. I stopped using checkargos when the popular daily deals etc stopped working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Prism green version of the Samsung at €470 is available to order and will actually give you a reservation number. Been unable to reserve the yellow one anywhere all day even though stock showing at reservation point.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Prism green version of the Samsung at €470 is available to order and will actually give you a reservation number. Been unable to reserve the yellow one anywhere all day even though stock showing at reservation point.

Hi, what store? Tried local ones in Dublin there and keep getting out of stock message?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Hi, what store? Tried local ones in Dublin there and keep getting out of stock message?

Thanks

Here’s the link - https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&productId=1538056

I reserved it in blanch tonight and there was stock in most Dublin stores when I looked. Hopefully it will work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Serious going for a 50inch TV.

Hitachi 4h HDR smart etc.

€289

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8477116.htm
    That was the one I was trying to check stock of the other night, I have checked a lot of the stores, doesn't seem to have been in stock anywhere for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

one4one wrote: »
    3 x TP Link Wi-Fi smart plugs for £29.97 just reserved them in Argos Enniskillen but can't find the same offer on argos.ie

€30.99 for just 1 on argos.ie

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6254269/specialoffers/E31315

THxfrPr

Thanks - just ordered from Boucher Road. Great price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

5 euro for anthem? God it must suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is the Amazon Stick pretty redundant anyway if you already have a 4K smart tv and just download the app?. Had the previous one and though it was pointless other then installing Kodi on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Reati wrote: »
    5 euro for anthem? God it must suck.

Supposed to be getting a big overhaul soon so might yet turn into a game worth owning. Maybe. Possibly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is the Amazon Stick pretty redundant anyway if you already have a 4K smart tv and just download the app?. Had the previous one and though it was pointless other then installing Kodi on it

For a few years until they stop supporting it. At least.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Argos website down with a page saying that they're getting their black Friday sales ready and it's gonna be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

back up!

€24 for the fire stick non 4k,still a good price and ideal if you only have a HD TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Will the echo dot work with Philips hue if I don't have a separate bridge/hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

This is it wrote: »
    Will the echo dot work with Philips hue if I don't have a separate bridge/hub?
    No

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    No

I've been checking and getting various answers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Echo-Dot-3rd-Gen-Charcoal/dp/B07ZZRFSLH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=echo%2Bdot%2B3rd%2Bgeneration&qid=1575028325&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=echo%2Bdot%2B3&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

From that link Amazon suggest it's possible over Bluetooth.

With Bluetooth simple setup, easily connect these smart lights to your Echo device via Bluetooth, no hub required.

Simple to set up and use
    with Alexa
    Echo Dot
    STEP 1
    Make sure your Echo device software is up to date by saying “Alexa, is your software up to date?”

Smart light bulb and Echo Dot
    STEP 2
    Power on your Hue bulb. If Alexa or the Alexa app says “New light found”, your device is ready to use and you can skip step 3.

Lamp
    STEP 3
    Say “Alexa, discover devices”. Once your bulb is discovered, just say “Alexa, turn on First Light”.

Is this incorrect?

Edit: also has the below

Simple to set up: easily connect Philips Hue smart lights to your Echo device via Bluetooth, no hub required. Just turn on your light bulb and say “Alexa, discover devices”.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Currys in Jervis very difficult place to shop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Currys in Jervis very difficult place to shop

I reserved a dualshock 4 this morning for click and collect, walked over at lunchtime - massive queue for online order collection at the side of the shop.

Waited for about 2 mins, moving nowhere. Left and ordered it on amazon for the same price on the walk back to work. Don't know why I bothered trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Apologies your right didn't realise the newer Hue bulbs have bluetooth. Can support up to 5 bulbs . The bluetooth looks handy for small single room set up but if you want it to work with sensors or the whole house you really need the hub. Range is much better with the hub too as they works as a mesh.

https://www.techhive.com/article/3410037/philips-hue-bluetooth-zigbee-smart-bulb-review.html

Might be worth it to try it out but a starter kit with a hub is probably a better investment.

No problem. It's only for a single room and some smart plugs and switches. The plugs and switches I've already tested with just the Alexa app so should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

bassy wrote: »
    €24 for the fire stick non 4k,still a good price and ideal if you only have a HD TV.

Stupid q. I know nothing about the amazon fire stick. I know you can watch Netflix etc.

1. Can you watch the Irish channels like rte with it? And watch live?
    2. Does your tv need to be able to access the internet? Or just the fire stick

obi604 wrote: »
    Stupid q. I know nothing about the amazon fire stick. I know you can watch Netflix etc.

Just need wifi on the stick,if you got a IPTV sub you could watch any channel on it.most TV's are saorview now for rte or if not a saorview box but you can get the Irish channels on the fire stick by either a IPTV sub or by using a suitable app

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

obi604 wrote: »

1. You can put rte player app on it or any Android app.
    2. It has WiFi. Tv needs a HDMI slot

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Bargain from Hotukdeals.
    Cant check stock as checkargos down. can reserve or order. Got one in Limerick.
    SIM Free Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB - Canary Yellow 880/9083
    Half Price
    €410.00
    I have a reservation code for Longford. First one to PM me gets it! It expires at 6 this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can anyone remember if it was around this time the last couple of years that the Jean Paul Gaultier fragrances took a nose dive?

Advertisement