Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I got that one a couple of years ago from Amazon, it’s great just as good as any of them, that’s a great price I think I paid about 80 for my one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Link isn't working :confused:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cheers, would a 3.2 litre capacity basket be enough for two people?

Friend of mine has an air fryer but it would barely hold enough chips for 2 people.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

No idea, I have a small one and can fit plenty in it - in fairness, its not that expensive so not a huge problem if its too small - just take it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Are they quicker than the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Are they quicker than the oven?

In my experience, yes. Less space to heat etc. Can do a small chicken in like an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If anyone is posting a deal the checkargos.com link really helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If anyone is posting a deal the checkargos.com link really helps

That hasn't worked properly for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

noble00 wrote: »
    I got that one a couple of years ago from Amazon, it’s great just as good as any of them, that’s a great price I think I paid about 80 for my one

Have you tried the Philips Airfryer for comparison?

It's often been asked on the Airfryer threads whether the cheaper brands were as good - I've yet to be convinced by the answers, so it would be great to hear of someone who has tried both..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Anybody else having problems with the Argos.ie site? Getting lots of errors when trying to look at it, only some page's work and can't reserve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Ryath wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with the Argos.ie site? Getting lots of errors when trying to look at it, only some page's work and can't reserve anything.

Was able to reserve a laptop in the last half hour. No issues with browsing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

just a headsup but hitachi dont make TVs any more. they are made by a company called vestel in turkey. reviews online dont seem to be great.

Yep. Id agree. You get what you pay for. I have a hitachi 49 inch 4k smart bought 3 year ago. Still going strong. Pic quality isnt a patch on my LG 4k HDR but a really good second tv though.

Id highly recommend at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a tv reserved in Argos and have between now and Friday to collect. Does anyone know if argos reduces prices further on actual black Friday? Gonna hold out to be sure anyway but wondering if anyone here remembers from last year?

Same with Harvey's and Currys. They said their black Friday sales are on at the moment and can't go any lower.... But they might drop more on Friday, can't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have a tv reserved in Argos and have between now and Friday to collect. Does anyone know if argos reduces prices further on actual black Friday? Gonna hold out to be sure anyway but wondering if anyone here remembers from last year?

Same with Harvey's and Currys. They said their black Friday sales are on at the moment and can't go any lower.... But they might drop more on Friday, can't say.

Argos usually have a "sale price valid until xxx" thing down the bottom of the page

check what that says

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

frash wrote: »
    Argos usually have a "sale price valid until xxx" thing down the bottom of the page

check what that says

That says January 2020 so I know it shouldn't go up but it could still go down, I'm hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I have reserved items that have gone up and down in price. Was always charged the sale price on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is checkargos.com not working at the minute?
    I'm getting this error
    upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm getting this error

https://pricescanner.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

tvercetti wrote: »

Thanks, but checkargos allows you to check stock in stores. Unless I'm missing something? - I never realised pricescanner can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm getting this error

I googled check argos and I was brought to a different screen but could still check stock in stores the usual link from my computer was bringing up that error also so try google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Someone needs to contact witnessmenow. He mightn't know .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Someone needs to contact witnessmenow. He mightn't know .

He said recently he wasn't focusing on it as much anymore, basically he'd keep the lights on and not much else.

Unfortunately it's down more often than it's up these days.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Bargain from Hotukdeals.
    Cant check stock as checkargos down. can reserve or order. Got one in Limerick.
    SIM Free Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB - Canary Yellow 880/9083
    Half Price
    €410.00
    Beware though, it's S10E, like a budget version of the S10. RRP of €800 is taking the p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I have that s10e through work, it's very good phone, very little difference between it and the full s10, especially since you'll be putting a cover on it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

That says January 2020 so I know it shouldn't go up but it could still go down, I'm hoping.

They usually honor the reserved price if it goes up so you can't lose

Beware though, it's S10E, like a budget version of the S10. RRP of €800 is taking the p1ss

It's very similar though, not much difference.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

PS4 Pro, Select Game, Blu Ray and 2nd Dualshock for €335

My plan is to get Death Stranding, Camo Dualshock & Spiderman: Far from Home and trade in at CEX for cash.

Death Stranding €43
    Spiderman Far from Home €10
    Green Camo Dual Shock €40
    Total = €93

PS4 Pro = €242

Advertisement