Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'm sure one of the other regions will have an appropriate priced version!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Its 20 quid for us in europe :( i hope ninty didnt set the bar for other developers to charge for DLC content before the game has even launched with breath of the wild.

That must be a typo. Just checked the first US site that came up in google and IGN has it as $19.99.

Find it funny that the weekend before this comes out, the game it's being compared to is having a free weekend on Steam - XCom 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Come On, Drive! (live action trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGqaT6TrkgA

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Cover Me! (live action trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sodRE5cRhBI

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: All With Me! (live action trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLjj0udUFs

For anyone who wants to see the intro and opening cutscene. I won't embed in case someone classes the thumbnail as a spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4aV06BFrg4

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking forward to seeing reviews for this. The review embargo is up to tomorrow at 1pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Same can't wait for this game now as it's totally different then any other Mario game I have played before.

Have it on pre order from Amazon only 30 pound it's going to cost so about 33 euros how bad ?.

Previews are positive and seems anyone who got it early is liking it.

Has there been a bigger turnaround in negative to positive reaction for a game than this, since its leak to official reveal?

Well.........I did see this preview a couple of days and they weren't 100% sold on it.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Hands-On PREVIEW (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcLQthhTt4

But others are positive. Still, they're limited in what they can say. It definitely looks gorgeous. I'm always wary of a review embargo lifting so close to its release date. I've heard its really short and that announcement of a €20 season pass before it's even out is annoying.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle – Amiibo rewards revealed

https://www.pressxnow.com/2017/08/27/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-amiibo-rewards-revealed/

Thankfully, the weapons aren't powerful and are only of use in the first few worlds. Still, it's locking content already in the game behind a paywall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sligeach wrote: »
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle – Amiibo rewards revealed

https://www.pressxnow.com/2017/08/27/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-amiibo-rewards-revealed/

Thankfully, the weapons aren't powerful and are only of use in the first few worlds. Still, it's locking content already in the game behind a paywall.

It's Ubisoft we should not be shocked .....

Anyone who pays for stuff like that needs there head looked at :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd file that with the Mariokart costumes as one of those nice-to-haves but not must haves, that makes you feel better about Amiibo you already own rather than feeling like you have to run out and get X right now! So basically at the opposite end of the scale to the Zelda ones. Maybe I'm zen about it because I already have Peach and Yoshi?

Sligeach, you need to start thinking about this less as paywalled on-disc content and more as "optically pre-cached DLC" (well, on Switch would it have to be Siliconically?)

The review embargo lifts in 35 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Banjo wrote: »
    I'd file that with the Mariokart costumes as one of those nice-to-haves but not must haves, that makes you feel better about Amiibo you already own rather than feeling like you have to run out and get X right now!

That's how it works for me. I've used a few amiibo over 4 or 5 games and I bought a few of them for only a tenner so it worked out as good value in my eyes.

Reviews are looking pretty good, unless you're one of these people that don't buy anything under 90/100

85% from 33 reviews now. Looks like it turned out great.

15+ hour campaign! Nice! The way some previews were written, I was expecting 5-6 hours max. :):)

Yeah a few reviews have said 30+ plus hours including challenges. It seems like there's quite a bit of content in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Smyths sent out the DLC code already before even taking money for the game, it unlocks after siging up on ubisofts site.

All the prices for MRKB are up on the eshop spreadsheet. I was hoping for a nice Russian or South African surprise, but the cheapest is the US at $59.99 (just over 50 euro)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    All the prices for MRKB are up on the eshop spreadsheet. I was hoping for a nice Russian or South African surprise, but the cheapest is the US at $59.99 (just over 50 euro)

Quick question....
    If I was to buy say Namco Museum from the Japan E-Shop, am I then stuck with the Japanese language version, or can I delete it and re-download from the local E-Shop?
    I ask because, the games I have bought from the US, SA and Rus Eshops show up on the local EU store front as purchased.
    I can delete and redownload items as I see fit.
    I wonder now....

Must give it a shot later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mr E wrote:
    . I was hoping for a nice Russian or South African surprise, but the cheapest is the US at $59.99 (just over 50 euro)

And 51 in the Russian shop if you don't want to change from the EU region

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Picked up my copy from Smyths this morning. I'm looking forward to giving it a go tonight. I had planned to go digital for most of my Switch games, and I don't like small cartridges, but since my son got one too, and you can't share digital games among linked family accounts, I have to go physical. I'm glad to see this is getting great reviews though. It looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Had to cancel my preorder this morning (hurray for Amazon dragging their heels on super saver delivery) 'cause I can't justify the expense any more and, well, it's Ubisoft - by the time I've got time to play this it'll be a tenner. maybe.
    Looks great though. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Be great to hear some of the opinions here when y'all get a chance to play it - I'm off on hols for a week next week and will be bringing my switch - this could be a nice holiday present for myself :)

I've not gotten too far into it, I think I'm on World 1-5 or so, and just unlocked the secondary abilities. It's pretty good so far, and it seems accessible. My 8 year old was able to get into it fairly fast too, and there's enough depth so far for me not to get bored with battles.

^^^ I hear the difficulty ramps up significantly about halfway through. Which would be a good thing for me but might make it too difficult for younger players.

sligeach wrote: »
    ^^^ I hear the difficulty ramps up significantly about halfway through. Which would be a good thing for me but might make it too difficult for younger players.

When you start a battle, there's a option for easy mode straight away, so that might help the young 'uns.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ordered from The Game Collection through Parcel Motel and still no sign of it despite the game being shipped on Monday.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

chrislad wrote: »
    I've not gotten too far into it, I think I'm on World 1-5 or so, and just unlocked the secondary abilities. It's pretty good so far, and it seems accessible. My 8 year old was able to get into it fairly fast too, and there's enough depth so far for me not to get bored with battles.

How often does it save ? Is it after each battle or can you manually save it ?

Advertisement