Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men or Women, who has a harder life?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

And what would the obvious counter argument to that be?

That's it's the child's body, not the woman's!

dunno..mmm. Maybe make men responsible for the provision of care of their children by law? ie: if you get someone pregnant whether it was planned or not then they are obligated to provide financially for that child, whether they want to or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    no, I don't think so anyway. I could be mistaken but unless the law has changed since my day.
    (I'm just looking it up and it states they have a duty to financially maintain their children, it does require court order. In my case the pops moved to a different country so no known address or access to seek support. was a long time ago but I'm guessing things have moved on a bit. I suspect it's easy enough to avoid still, much like any other payment. Skip town and leave no forwarding address)

yeah, I just edited my post above.
    (ironically, he returned once she turned 18)

• Advertisement

It was about 13 years too late for me :o) good to see it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Candlemania

I think this discussion is pointless... you can list endless bad things that life throws at both genders.

Some people are lucky and have an easy and pleasant life, some people experience all the worst in life. It's karma.

It's also down to your own perspective. Some people could be rich (or even have a decent, above average salary), healthy, have the family around them, living in a country free from war, and yet they could still find a reason to say they have a hard life...

I don't know how it is in the states but I'm all in favour of any law which holds the absent parent responsible for their children.

some stats here btw
    https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/P60-255.pdf

One of every six custodial parents (17.5 percent)
    were fathers.

The proportion of custodial mothers with income
    below poverty (31.2 percent) was higher than that of
    custodial fathers (17.4 percent).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

koumi wrote: »
    I don't know how it is in the states but I'm all in favour of any law which holds the absent parent responsible for their children.

I'm mystified as to why there is even a Law required.. The hint's in the "Your child" bit. I'd be falling over myself to keep them kept. But then I'm decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Yes because suicide only affects men.

I'm not on either side here btw. But if you're going to make an argument for one side, at least make it an intelligent one.

It's all a load of cock tbh (or fanny, lest I be called sexist).

There are things that are far harder generally for men, and some things women will never experience and there are things that are far harder generally for women and some things men will never experience.

I don't understand why there needs to be big divide of the sexes. If everyone treated everyone else as individuals then none of this nonsense would exist. Saying men or women have it harder doesn't in any way shape or form give solace to a PERSON going through hell. They don't give a **** what gender they are, they just know for them life is hard.

Wow, you actually take this nonsense post/thread seriously?
    It's painfully obvious that you can't make general sweeping statements. I was sarcastically responding to a ridiculous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

By 7%..in fairness.

Beyondgone wrote: »
    I'm mystified as to why there is even a Law required.. The hint's in the "Your child" bit. I'd be falling over myself to keep them kept. But then I'm decent.

I think sometimes it's easier to do, and there could be many reasons be it alcohol or drug related issues, fup knows. I expect in many cases though, a lot of men are not ready for parenthood, just like the women who must carry the child.

trust me, this was not about taking issue with deadbeat dads, it was in response to a post which suggested women should not have bodily autonomy because the only body that mattered was the child's. I probably shouldn't have responded because those kind of posts speak well enough for themselves but anyhew.

People have it tough in different ways, gender isn't always the issue in the West. Some people come into the world with more going for them materially but lack the inner resources to make the best of live, some come into the world with little going for them but have a spark that ensures they thrive in a way others envy.

I dislike threads that specifically set out to pitch genders against each other, I'm pretty fed up with the same gender thread recycling ad infinitum. I can't be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

So thats why you're reviving even more old gender war threads?:pac:

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    So thats why you're reviving even more old gender war threads?:pac:

I think there's a glitch in the matrix. The thread was on the front page of AH, so when I posted in it I thought it was current. When I hit post it brought me to the first page, then when I hit the AH button it brought me to a page a week old.

Sorry for reviving! I have become what I despise!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

The way things are going the next great war will be between men and women:D

Advertisement