Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2017: Round 7 - Canada Grand Prix

Options
  • 08-06-2017 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

Canada the land of mounties and bears, hosts the seventh round of this epic F1 season, with the exception of Monaco Carlo.

TV times live on Sky and Highlights on Channel 4

Friday June 9

Practice 1 – 15:00 – 16:30pm

Practice 2 – 19:00 – 20:30pm

Saturday June 10

Practice 3 – 15:00 – 16:00

Qualifying – 18:00 – 19:00

Sunday June 11th

Race: 19:00 - 23:00 :p

Talking points:
    Will Mercedes get back to usual form?
    Will Alonso ask for an Indycar engine?
    Will Stroll crash in the wall of champions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Driver's Press Conference Part 1

Driver's Press Conference Part 2

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm over in Croft this weekend to take in the BTCC. Usually get my local to throw the Canadian race on the tellybox and sink a few pints while watching :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Sainz out of FP ...engine Failure , one lap .

I'm over in Croft this weekend to take in the BTCC. Usually get my local to throw the Canadian race on the tellybox and sink a few pints while watching :(
    Let me know what it's like, I'm dying to get over for a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Let me know what it's like, I'm dying to get over for a weekend.

Been over a load of times, never been to Croft though. It's a great couple of days, some of the teams do packages if you contact them directly which work out cheap enough.

• Advertisement

And that's the end of the run for Alonso!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Alonso stopped on track again. Christ on a bike

astrofluff wrote: »
    And that's the end of the run for Alonso!

Could be hydraulics maybe? Didn't seem to be an engine blow

Edit: Sky saying it was hydraulic failure now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ferrari-Formel-1-GP-Kanada-Montreal-8-Juni-2017-fotoshowBig-bacc94ca-1076632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So is that all that happened in FP1 and FP2? Any one crash? What are the chances of rain for the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

skipper_G wrote: »
    Could be hydraulics maybe? Didn't seem to be an engine blow

Edit: Sky saying it was hydraulic failure now

Managed 7th at the end of Practise 2! Impressive or qualy run, right time and right tyres at the end of the session? I didn't see the session.

AMKC wrote: »
    So is that all that happened in FP1 and FP2? Any one crash? What are the chances of rain for the weekend?

Verstappen had a failure, don't know if it was gearbox.

Nothing much other happened. Yes, chance of rain on Sunday which will mix things up nicely if it does!

The track was fairly greasy and grip levels were low. Lots of spins but nobody had any major issue. Not sure on the weather forecast

Managed 7th at the end of Practise 2! Impressive or qualy run, right time and right tyres at the end of the session? I didn't see the session.

Qualy run on the ultra soft tyres at the end but impressive nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Verstappen gearbox gone.
    Riccardo engine gone.
    Alonso managed 7th on his very last lap with only about 20mins running in the 90min session.
    Grojean having terrible trouble with loose rear end - spun on the same corner on consecutive laps.
    Vettel having a whinge while following Hamilton "he's making mistakes and backing off"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,018 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tom Watson was on the BBC chequered flag podcast and he was excellent. Really upfront and unafraid of hurting anyone's feelings by speaking the truth in a measured way

Anyway he also brought up a really interesting point about the nature of the Montreal track. He said it's very similar to Monaco in that all the corners are tight and slow. He spoke about the Ferrari having a short wheelbase car compared to Mercedes who has a long wheelbase. The short wheelbase makes the car more nimble in the tight corners which gives Ferrari am advantage this weekend.

He also reckons that advantage might reverse in the second half of the season when they get to faster tracks with sweeping turns like Silverstone. Those tracks might suit the Mercedes longer wheelbase

Looks like everyone is doing the same slow warmup with the tyres. Traffic might be a problem in Q1

That is an excellent lap from Alonso, more than a half second clear of his teammate as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wonder can McLaren get into Q3. I suppose it's unlikely

Bottas had big moment in P3, was lucky not to end up in the wall

Wehrlein just ended a lot of fast lap attempts

• Advertisement

Wehrlein in the wall and out. So Q1 over, the Saubers gone, Stroll, Vandoorne & KMag out

More car repairs for Sauber

Ferrari not using the ultras yet

I get the feeling we might see a car take a wheel or two off in one the walls before the end of qualifying

"Despite the yellow flags that would have been waving on that back straight." They just showed it, there were no yellows. Seriously what is wrong with Croft?

Very close up the front

Very close up the front

Should be fairly comfortable once Ferrari go for it.

Palmer 9 tenths slower than Hulk. At least it's less than a second, take the positives as Palmer always says.

He's a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Santan

"Despite the yellow flags that would have been waving on that back straight." They just showed it, there were no yellows. Seriously what is wrong with Croft?

jesus sky are making every race harder to watch, maybe its time to go the same as when my gf is fighting with me, picture and no sound.

Love him or hate him - thats some lap from Hamilton! New track record.

Should be fairly comfortable once Ferrari go for it.

Ferrari not getting on to well with tires though

• Advertisement

Man I don't like Hamilton or Vettel but those are two sensational laps.

Advertisement