Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Degag wrote: »
    On what site can you see the odds?

https://m.skybet.com/darts/pdc-q-school/event/27019877

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thebronze14

bassy wrote: »
    worth 1 euro lol
    Again, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Again, no!

Fran is a decent player, had a good run in the BDO and was ranked in top 10 for a while. Aaron beeney won a card last year with a tournament average of 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

The thoughts of Barney getting back on the tour again irks me.

Should've bowed out like he originally did after the Premier League in Rotterdam, instead decided to keep going and got embarrassed against Darin Young.

Now he's going to Q-School, I can't see any good result from this.
    If he doesn't get a card he ruins his legacy even more.
    If he does get his tour card I think it's a more drawn out way of embarrassing himself once again. He's down at the very, very bottom of the order of merit and is going to have to graft it out on the Pro Tours to move up the rankings and have any change of qualifying for majors.

How could you have any faith in him actually sticking at it and not throwing his toys out of the pram after what we've most recently seen of him in the PDC?

He was so, so poor on his final year on the tour. I can't imagine it'll be any better after being away for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The thoughts of Barney getting back on the tour again irks me.

Should've bowed out like he originally did after the Premier League in Rotterdam, instead decided to keep going and got embarrassed against Darin Young.

Now he's going to Q-School, I can't see any good result from this.
    If he doesn't get a card he ruins his legacy even more.
    If he does get his tour card I think it's a more drawn out way of embarrassing himself once again. He's down at the very, very bottom of the order of merit and is going to have to graft it out on the Pro Tours to move up the rankings and have any change of qualifying for majors.

How could you have any faith in him actually sticking at it and not throwing his toys out of the pram after what we've most recently seen of him in the PDC?

He was so, so poor on his final year on the tour. I can't imagine it'll be any better after being away for 12 months.

He doesn't have the grittiness or the fight to grind his way back in my opinion. He might get a card but the head shaking will start within a few weeks if things don't go his way.

My prediction is he'll quietly fade back into retirement within a year.

• Advertisement

He's the 10th premier league player, They're just waiting for him to get his card. If he fails then it's down to Fallon Sherrock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭celt262

US2 wrote: »
    He's the 10th premier league player, They're just waiting for him to get his card. If he fails then it's down to Fallon Sherrock

No to both there would be uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd much rather see Sherrock get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

no chance she will get it, has to be awarded on merit, and quite simply she doesn't merit it - she's not even a tour card holder

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sherrock has no chance. She is also going to Q-School and I doubt very much she'll get through.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

The PDC Awards were on tonight.....a complete joke

The worst "result" of the night was that comb over simpleton Callan Rydz winning young player of the year. How Keane Barry did not win that was blatant robbery.

UK Open being ran with the 128 + 32 qualifiers, better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Bit of a shame no amateur qualifiers this year in uk open. 16 top players who dont get tour card this year from q school are been entered

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The PDC don't have any other option really. UK Covid rules don't allow for amateur sport to take place. I think this is the fairest way they could do it.

Saw these few questions put to Colin Lloyd and Laura Turner on the Darts Show Podcast, said I'd throw them up here to see what other people are thinking for the year ahead.

Here's my answers

Who'll be World Number 1 at the end of the year - Gerwyn Price.
    Young player to watch - Keane Barry.
    Surprise star of the Year - Ryan Searle.
    Player to fall down the rankings - Rob Cross, Glen Durrant.
    Most likely to win their 1st Major - Dave Chisnall, Mervyn King.
    Will Wright, Price and MvG dominate again? - Yes.

Who'll be World Number 1 at the end of the year - Gerwyn Price.
    Young player to watch - Harry Ward
    Surprise star of the Year - Gabriel Clemens
    Player to fall down the - Rob Cross, michael Smith
    Most likely to win their 1st Major - Joe Cullen
    Will Wright, Price and MvG dominate again? - price and MvG yes, Wright no

Who'll be World Number 1 at the end of the year - MvG
    Young player to watch - Keane Barry.
    Surprise star of the Year - Jose De Sousa
    Player to fall down the rankings - Glen Durrant.
    Most likely to win their 1st Major - Michael Smith
    Will Wright, Price and MvG dominate again? - No

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

only 33 , hopefully he will change his mind post covid

https://twitter.com/livedarts/status/1358063993785622529?s=20

Fran is a decent player, had a good run in the BDO and was ranked in top 10 for a while. Aaron beeney won a card last year with a tournament average of 70.
    He ended up getting two wins over the course of the 3 days. Won't have been too happy with his performances. A couple of glimpses of what he's capable of though

Any Irish suppliers with a quick enough delivery time for steam and flights?

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    Any Irish suppliers with a quick enough delivery time for steam and flights?

501 darts. Ie next day delivery always

Yeah, 501 are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Played 301 and won against the computer. PDC I'm coming for you haha

Horrendous throwing by me ha

Keep practising. I averages in the 30's for a couple of years before I finally started to get better. It's all about practice in darts bar the odd natural.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Keep practising. I averages in the 30's for a couple of years before I finally started to get better. It's all about practice in darts bar the odd natural.

Yep Practice is the whole thing many moons ago i had loads of time on my hands and used to throw darts for 6/7 hours a day and went from been the lad who would throw last on the team to the first thrower.

Averages weren't recorded as such then but i was regularly throwing between 15 and 20 dart legs. When i was practicing my aim was to always throw under 20 darts and my best was 20 legs in a row under 20 darts.

Then the less i played the worse i got and would be happy with a 60 avg now. If i had time i would throw darts all day. I would be lucky to get 20 minutes a day now.

501 darts. Ie next day delivery always

Ordered Friday and arrived today very impressive will use them from now on.

I find the online darts great for this
    No more throwing aimlessly at the board, nothing like a bit of competition to focus the mind
    A game or two in the evening, or a tournament or league, there are so many players and leagues and tournaments for all levels of player , it's easy enough to get a game
    In the last week I've played a 2501 down tournament (great for scoring practice) a best of 11, 170 tournament (great for checkout prcatice) etc...as well as a load of regular 501 best of 9 games
    Not sure I'm getting better quick, but it's a great way to while away a few hours

Where can you find upcoming tournaments boomdocker? I've only played a few games on Nakka.

Where can you find upcoming tournaments boomdocker? I've only played a few games on Nakka.

I'm playing on WDA, so they have tournaments most nights see the link here
    https://www.webcamdarts.com/wda-games/tournament-schedule
    These are open draw tournaments, usually with 100+ players, so you can draw anyone from a 30's ave to 80's ave
    But you need to have your 'gold star' to enter - all that means is that you have to have played at least 10 games (more like 15 in reality) against other players with a gold star , to have your camera approved
    Sounds like a faff, but it's not really and ensures everyone has a good camera setup

As well as that there are many facebook groups - for eg I'm in one for players with ave 55 and under and the good folks there organise a league and tournaments - good fun - the tournaments are varied - classic 501. DI/DO, 701, 170 etc..etc..
    These are also mostly using WDA but I do see a group which has Nakka tournaments - search 'Tornado's Darts Tournaments' on facebook

Here's a good explainer on how to get setup on WDA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCA97QNJYY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

boomdocker wrote: »
    I'm playing on WDA, so they have tournaments most nights see the link here
    https://www.webcamdarts.com/wda-games/tournament-schedule
    These are open draw tournaments, usually with 100+ players, so you can draw anyone from a 30's ave to 80's ave
    But you need to have your 'gold star' to enter - all that means is that you have to have played at least 10 games (more like 15 in reality) against other players with a gold star , to have your camera approved
    Sounds like a faff, but it's not really and ensures everyone has a good camera setup

As well as that there are many facebook groups - for eg I'm in one for players with ave 55 and under and the good folks there organise a league and tournaments - good fun - the tournaments are varied - classic 501. DI/DO, 701, 170 etc..etc..
    These are also mostly using WDA but I do see a group which has Nakka tournaments - search 'Tornado's Darts Tournaments' on facebook

Here's a good explainer on how to get setup on WDA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCA97QNJYY

What webcam do you use? I must order one

Advertisement