Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

ian white if he,s lucky might have a bit of a run in the matchplay,as for winning it your having it large adrian :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mardle sounds so much more sensible when he's not on Sky. Good interview about a few subjects.

https://youtu.be/JroE45RnkGU

Interesting. Big changes could be coming for the Premier league and European tour.

https://youtu.be/Yi5EFe4vBks

Nice to see a couple of tri colours doing well on the development tour as well.

https://twitter.com/PremiumDartData/status/1138433424212025349?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Are those averages?!?

• Advertisement

Are those averages?!?

Yeah, the highest over 4 tournaments.

Been watch Abit of the England open this week. That buea greeves girl is scarily good. Average well in to the 90s against semi pro adults. Leighton Bennet the same. Both 14.

The stream is live here . Ashton v Sherrock just starting.

https://youtu.be/RE0LeLlYeco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Chizzy wins the Danish open, his scoring was too much for Dobey in the final and took it 8-3. His first on the Euro tour since 2013.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Been watch Abit of the England open this week. That buea greeves girl is scarily good. Average well in to the 90s against semi pro adults. Leighton Bennet the same. Both 14.

The stream is live here . Ashton v Sherrock just starting.

https://youtu.be/RE0LeLlYeco

Leighton Bennet is probably good enough for the PDC tour already but he has to wait until he is 16 before he can even do the Development tour.

Beau Greeves looks like a serious talent too. I think it would be great for the sport if a female player could push on and play on the PDC tour.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Leighton Bennet is probably good enough for the PDC tour already but he has to wait until he is 16 before he can even do the Development tour.

Beau Greeves looks like a serious talent too. I think it would be great for the sport if a female player could push on and play on the PDC tour.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how he perfoms at the world championship, he's as good as qualified I think. He looks on course to smash MvGs 17 for youngest major winner.

Beau will definitely be the first competitive female amongst the men, some of the checkouts at crucial moments are unbelievable along with constant 140s. She even looks older and has a presence on stage.

Interview on this from Frances Caragher. Another Irishman making great strides this year, and is on course for lakeside. Interesting to hear how hard it is to attend BDO Opens. You'd have to make the semis to break even he says

https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/06/12/the-weekly-dartscast-episode-108-with-francis-carragher-pdc-world-cup-review-euro-tour-preview-and-more/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Willie O'Connor has qualified for both the Euro Tour 9 and 10 events after winning through both qualifiers today. Steve Lennon still has a chance to qualify for Euro Tour 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Willie O'Connor has qualified for both the Euro Tour 9 and 10 events after winning through both qualifiers today. Steve Lennon still has a chance to qualify for Euro Tour 10.

Are you throwing any darts yourself these days P??

mackeire wrote: »
    Are you throwing any darts yourself these days P??

I'm throwing them but they aren't going where I want them to! Moved into new house in Oranmore in Galway so I'll have to search out a team to join.

Lennon out the in the first round again today. Besides the world cup, he's having a horrendous year so far.

Dolan just average over 100 beating Adrian Lewis

Willie making a push for the match play. In the last 8. Playing great all day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

De Sousa is in crazy form. Comical watching him trying to count.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

wadey to have a good run in the world matchplay,but then again mvg and anderson did,nt enter this weekend.

• Advertisement

Recommendations for darts stands? Looking at the unicorn one as it's easily obtainable in Argos.

Recommendations for darts stands? Looking at the unicorn one as it's easily obtainable in Argos.

"Dartmate" is the best I think, fairly expensive though.

The tripod is best for the cheap option.

"Dartmate" is the best I think, fairly expensive though.

The tripod is best for the cheap option.
    Yeah the tripod is all I can do, will be put up and taken down in my father's shed. Want to be able to throw without visiting a public house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I'm throwing them but they aren't going where I want them to! Moved into new house in Oranmore in Galway so I'll have to search out a team to join.

We'll have to get together at some stage for a weekend of darts.
    I know a few lads in Galway that might be able to point you in the right direction.

Yeah the tripod is all I can do, will be put up and taken down in my father's shed. Want to be able to throw without visiting a public house

Dartmate isn't that big, if you can afford it, it's ideal. I play with it at night and it just folds up like a suitcase when you're done. If you get a tripod you should get a surround too, it feels gammy just throwing at a board on it's own.

I know a few lads in Galway that might be able to point you in the right direction.

If there is ever a boards darts meet up give us a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

If there is ever a boards darts meet up give us a shout

Last one was 12 years ago :eek:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055041810

It was a great day for sure - if anyone is interested in meeting up post on here with your location and if the numbers are good we can maybe get something sorted ...

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »

It was a great day for sure - if anyone is interested in meeting up post on here with your location and if the numbers are good we can maybe get something sorted ...

That looked like fun. I take it this forum was alot more active back then ?

I'm definitely up for that.
    Lazarus2.0 wrote: »

I would be interested in playing in another Boards tournament if there's any interest from others.

• Advertisement

Merv sweating badly during the walk on. Fancy Jamie Hughes to win out now, class sll weekend

Advertisement