Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the drama queen is back,poor me ,always poor me with Barney.

He had a microphone shoved in his face after a drubbing, the great man deserves to go out on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

He had a microphone shoved in his face after a drubbing, the great man deserves to go out on a high.

If I remember correctly last night it was Barney who came out backstage to talk to sky and announce his retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

'5 times world champ, 5 times pairs champ....do I deserve this?'

Not sure what he meant by 'deserve' as he was cheered to the rafters by 11000 people.

Did he mean he didn't deserve to go out like he did? Then don't retire two sentences later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

hes a joker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If I remember correctly last night it was Barney who came out backstage to talk to sky and announce his retirement.

on stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He hasn't stopped whining for years, he knew he was declining rapidly,twas him that prolonged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Seriously good game between Keegan Brown and MvG at the German Darts Championship last night

MvG averaged 108 and hit 50% of his doubles and lost 6:4

Keegan Brown hung in there in the face of really heavy scoring from MvG, won his won legs early on and hit every double (6/6) - not sure I've seen that before

have to say MvG is a seriously good sportsman - he recognised that he had been beaten fair and square by a guy playing more or less flawlessly and gave him due congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

boomdocker wrote: »
    Seriously good game between Keegan Brown and MvG at the German Darts Championship last night

MvG averaged 108 and hit 50% of his doubles and lost 6:4

Keegan Brown hung in there in the face of really heavy scoring from MvG, won his won legs early on and hit every double (6/6) - not sure I've seen that before

have to say MvG is a seriously good sportsman - he recognised that he had been beaten fair and square by a guy playing more or less flawlessly and gave him due congrats

Spot on with that last bit. Can't understand the hate he gets for being arrogant. Always gracious in victory and defeat.

Merv King was scoring like a madman too, started every leg with 134 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Wade hits a 9 darter and still loses to Webster

TbL

..and Webster just got beaten by Rapid Ricky Evans
    The standard this weekend is seriously high, some great games

• Advertisement

Daryl Gurney heading to Belfast for the Premier League as the German Darts Championship winner
    Beat Rapid Ricky in the final

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's well worth the subscription to PDC HDTV to watch the European events. Always a great standard and good tournaments. They certainly beat the Premier League nights!

Agree!
    The short format means loads of games and as you say the standard of is high
    Wade's 9 darter the other day was class, as was the MvG vs Keegan Brown game, really enjoyed that

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's well worth the subscription to PDC HDTV to watch the European events. Always a great standard and good tournaments. They certainly beat the Premier League nights!

Do/can you watch on your phone and what’s the quality like.

Been thinking of doing it for ages

TbL

Wade fined 5k for his mad outburst against Asada at the Worlds

TbL

https://dartsnews.com/james-wade-hit-with-5000-dra-fine-for-pdc-world-championship-outbursts/

Do/can you watch on your phone and what’s the quality like.

Been thinking of doing it for ages

TbL

Ya you can watch on your phone in HD. It's really improved since last year great quality They have an app out now for it and I've had no issues at all. It can be casted to smart TV or via a Chromecast too. For just over 1euro per week it's great value.

Ya you can watch on your phone in HD. It's really improved since last year great quality They have an app out now for it and I've had no issues at all. It can be casted to smart TV or via a Chromecast too. For just over 1euro per week it's great value.

Tnx US,

Great feedback thanks

TbL

Corey Cadby back in action today in PC#9

Wins first game 6-5 Cadby

Peter Wright changed darts four times in one game..

No MVG, Price or Gurney. Suljovic , Wright and Cross knocked out already.

• Advertisement

Cadby out in Rd 2 to Vincent van der voort

Wade wins 8-2 vs Michael Smith

boomdocker wrote: »
    Wade wins 8-2 vs Michael Smith

On his birthday too apparently

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Slightly more random result on Sunday with the PL players all missing out for once.

Johnny Clayton beat Gabriel Clemens in the final.
    Ian White and Tytus Kanik (:confused::confused:) beaten semi-finalists.
    Aaron Monk, Jermaine Wattimena, Mervyn King and Jose Justicia (:confused:) quarter finalists.

I like these sort of results, better than the same players farming the events every week.

https://tv.dartconnect.com/matchlist/pdcpc19e0

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cadby was beaten in the first round of PC10. Not the greatest weekend of darts for him. It might take him a but to get back into things.

Wade wins again Players Championship, beats Smith 8-6. In good form lately

TbL

Wade wins again today for back to back wins.

Beat Smith in the semi and Jeffrey de Z in the final after being behind

He’s on fire

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wade wins again today for back to back wins.

Beat Smith in the semi and Jeffrey de Z in the final after being behind

He’s on fire

TbL
    You don't need to sign off....

You don't need to sign off....

I’ll take it under advisement...

TbL

• Advertisement

That's 3 of the last 4 then for Wade? Didn;t he win last weekend too?

Advertisement