Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well, that was a serious nights craic, even though I have yet to retain feeling in me giblets. Great intensity, especially in the second half, when the Donegal come back was on. Good to see the leadership - and exellent decision making - of the young lads like Lowdnes and Scully and Basquel, push on to what was a comfortable win in the end. They are the future, after all.

Can't quite decide if MDMA has a great or a rubbish game. You have to love how he always seems to be in the thick of things when we need a big score..... but Jesus, how often did he barge headlong into traffic - as only he can - and turn the ball over?

Btw, WTF happened over in Salthill today? I hope Willie Joe had his Weetabix this morning. Good luck keeping that lot in check buddy. :D

I hope our own poor, wee innocent lambs don't pick up any bad habits from them, when we make the trip out wesht in 2 weeks. Will it be another feisty encounter, like today and last week? Or will they roll over and play dead like last year? Impossible to tell with that lot. Bring it on !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Will both the O'Conner brothers miss the game in Castlebar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Will both the O'Conner brothers miss the game in Castlebar ?

Diarmuid was 2 yellows so he shouldnt miss it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ProudDUB wrote: »

Here's the tweet, fixed up:

https://twitter.com/sportsdes/status/962947686440849408

Brogan did his cruciate according to the herald

• Advertisement

Thanks boss. Am on my phone & sometimes the links don't format properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Diarmuid was 2 yellows so he shouldnt miss it.

Diarmuids was worse than Cillian's imo, closeline tackle. Poor #4 got two nasty hits.

Sad news on Brogan if true, would be a big blow to his prospects. He's already 33 and has probably had some thoughts of retirement before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Why was he named on Saturday morning if the injury happened in training during the week?

Makes no sense to be playing mind games against Donegal on a wet February night!

No smoke without fire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Slattsy wrote: »
    Why was he named on Saturday morning if the injury happened in training during the week?
    The team has to be named and given to Croke Park on Wednesday/Thursday. It was only released to the public on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

CatInABox wrote: »
    Here's the tweet, fixed up:

https://twitter.com/sportsdes/status/962947686440849408

Brogan did his cruciate according to the herald

Ah ****e!

• Advertisement

Kavrocks wrote: »
    The team has to be named and given to Croke Park on Wednesday/Thursday. It was only released to the public on Saturday.

Well excuse moi :o

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Defending?

No not defending. They were so intent on niggling they gave Dublin the extra space needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Whats the story with posts being deleted lads......

STB. wrote: »
    Whats the story with posts being deleted lads......

Yeah my post about COC's disgraceful act of elbowing the Galway player was deleted.

It was glossed over on The Sunday Game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

It was glossed over on The Sunday Game really.

Are you surprised? He gets away with an awful lot and has a spiteful demeanour on the field. No doubt he is a top notch player but always appears to be trying to get other players into trouble and constantly moaning at referees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Was talking to someone who saw Bernard Brogan after the match on Saturday and said he seemed to be walking normally. Surely that would not be possible with cruciate? Wouldn't you be using a crutch? Quote from backroom in Examiner this morning says he is not injured.

LeoB wrote: »
    Are you surprised? He gets away with an awful lot and has a spiteful demeanour on the field. No doubt he is a top notch player but always appears to be trying to get other players into trouble and constantly moaning at referees

:confused:

Its disappointing (yet not one bit surprising) that that kind of violent behavior from certain players is continuously glossed over by the media. Certain posters were so outraged when DC touched a linesman last year that (going by their posts) I can only assume that they required some form of psychiatric help to get over it. Think of the children.

Now I don't want to sound like I can see into the 'hypothetical future', but can you imaging the outcry (hear ye hear ye) if a Dublin player deliberately, off the ball, elbowed another player. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Tbf - COC has well been ousted over the last while 12/18 months. Refs for the most part have his number now and luckily it was on d'telly for all to see the kind of player he is. Im disappointed he's banned for our visit next week :(

Galway looked good. There's a lot of football in that team, a lot of good runners and that Comer fella impressed me, he's a monster. They could give us a right game in March.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Was talking to someone who saw Bernard Brogan after the match on Saturday and said he seemed to be walking normally. Surely that would not be possible with cruciate? Wouldn't you be using a crutch? Quote from backroom in Examiner this morning says he is not injured.

He'd def be on a crutch after with a cruciate.

Thought so. And management would hardly be lying to media if he was injured. What would be the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bonniedog wrote: »

Plus nowadays, they seem to stick inter county players into a boot or onto crutches for the slightest thing wrong with their foot or knee

I suppose we shall see, not an injury you like to see for a player at that age.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately looking around other media, it seems to be generally accepted. Hopefully not, or not as serious as they are making out.

He was always going to be bit player this year - but still extremely valuable of course - but would like to see him get at least one more crack at the Dublin SFC, one of few medals he has not gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Not necessarily. Depending on the severity of the injury. Also, given the conditioning of Brogan, the strength of his quads, gluts etc would mean he could walk carefully on such an injury.

BPKS wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Depending on the severity of the injury. Also, given the conditioning of Brogan, the strength of his quads, gluts etc would mean he could walk carefully on such an injury.

Well, he was walking unaided on Saturday so hopefully the reports - which do seem to be true - are not as bad as initially believed. He might be in shape come July/August. Can't understand why whoever spoke to the Examiner denied that he was injured. Only reason I could imagine is to keep them off Bernard's back, but that hasn't worked obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

The Irish Times seem to be saying Brogan has met with Ray Moran in the Sports Clinic but it all seems like hearsay at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

As a Kerry man I am absolutely gutted for Brogan, horrible to hear & he deserves to go out better than this after what he’s achieved, wish him a speedy recovery & to see him lashing them over the Croker cross bar again where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

JoshRosen wrote: »
    As a Kerry man I am absolutely gutted for Brogan, horrible to hear & he deserves to go out better than this after what he’s achieved, wish him a speedy recovery & to see him lashing them over the Croker cross bar again where he belongs.

I know it is a terrible thing for a fella to get that type of injury.
    But looking at it coldly Brogan looked to have been gradually phased out by Gavin that year. But fair play to Brogan he worked his way back in.

The truth is with the embarrassment of riches Dublin have in the forward line it is one less selection headache for Gavin.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That's no consolation to Brogan in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Not necessarily.

Still, no smoke without fire. Would be a real shame for someone who has given so much to be dealt a hand like this at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was listening to that David Brady fella on about Mayo v Galway (interview with Joe Molloy on Newstalk) Brady sounds like he is talking sense most of the time.
    He was very anti the rough stuff in his talk.
    But, I cannot help thinking of the stuff he said last year

1) Tyrone will beat Dublin the the AI semi-final 2017 and implied they would put it up to them physically.

2) He said that Con O'Callaghan's inexperience will show against Mayo in the AI final 2017 and implied he could be got at (Con scored a goal early on and was pushing for man of the match)

I would love if Brady was pulled up about some of the stuff he has said in the past or is it just forgotten about?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I was listening to that David Brady fella on about Mayo v Galway (interview with Joe Molloy on Newstalk) Brady sounds like he is talking sense most of the time.
    He was very anti the rough stuff in his talk.
    But, I cannot help thinking of the stuff he said last year

1) Tyrone will beat Dublin the the AI semi-final 2017 and implied they would put it up to them physically.

2) He said that Con O'Callaghan's inexperience will show against Mayo in the AI final 2017 and implied he could be got at (Con scored a goal early on and was pushing for man of the match)

I would love if Brady was pulled up about some of the stuff he has said in the past or is it just forgotten about?

Brady is a clown. Don't think anyone takes him seriously. The Robbie Savage of GAA punditry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement