Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I thought Cuala won with a bit in hand. Never looked like they were going to be beaten. Na Piarsiagh will be totally different proposition. Should be great game as Slattsy said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I thought Cuala won with a bit in hand. Never looked like they were going to be beaten. Na Piarsiagh will be totally different proposition. Should be great game as Slattsy said.

What way is the betting on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Joe McQuillan in another disgraceful show of biased refereeing, Michael Dara MacAuley would have got a red card in any other sport but being Dublin and with their friend Joe McQuillan reffing he doesn't even get a booking. What a sick joke the GAA has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Patww79 wrote: »

So you condone physical assault on the field so?

• Advertisement

^^ Another pathetic loser in tonight. What a sad life. You'd nearly feel sorry them. Nearly lolz :D

Anyway. A win is a win, but it wasnt pretty. Donegal a completely different animal in the second half. Scully some ball carrier and is lethal when he gets space. Thought Donegal ran through us down the middle a little bit too easily. We closed out the game well though.
    McMahon way off the pace. Lots to improve on, but these games are certainly better for us than winning by 15 points.

But i suppose given our resources we should be winning more comprehensive against under funded counties like Donegal.

Disappointed with McQuillan, for all we pay him, new car every year etc, he didnt give us anything. Could have at least sent off a Donegal lad for looking at Fenton in a funny manner. Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Doltanian wrote: »
    So you condone physical assault on the field so?

Nothing in it. Just a bit of handbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Could be wrong, but i think eir sport gave the MOTM to Colm Basquel. One to watch in 2018 according to informed speculation. Has an All Ireland with Ballyboden from 2016. His auld lad is from near Westport.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What way is the betting on it?

Not seen it yet. Guessing 4/6 Cuala - 11/8 Na Piarsiagh. Very little between them although no team outside of Dublin has really laid a glove on Cuala last year or this year. So far.

I was wrong. Evens each of two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Donegal v Dublin Highlights
    https://streamable.com/2hcyp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Your snide misogynistic remark aside I happen to care about the integrity of the game and I am a long time GAA supporter. This referee has besmirched Dublin's reputation and if there was a true Neutral unbiased referee in charge of tonights game I am certain Donegal would have shaded it. MacAuley and John Small should both have been sent off for red card offenses and once again McQuillan was the deciding factor as he is neither impartial, neutral or fair.

You missed the few Donegal lads niggling towards the end, when Dublin got last few scores one or two Donegal lads were too intent on the bad old stuff that got them a bad name. They missed vital tackles. Do you really care about the integrity of the game? If you do you should bemoan this niggly stuff that seems to follow Donegal around. Sometimes it is unfair on them but it happens.

The plus side from Donegal's point is they played some great ball when they went at it. Bonnar is hopefully a change from the last pair of managers.

Now away off to Pulse nightclub with ya.

You are obsessed old chap.

On the game itself, thought Donegal were going to level it up. They have been playing some good stuff so far. McHugh was like man possessed and McBrearty couldn't miss in the second half. They could be a serious proposition in the Summer. Better potential than Tyrone.

Dublin showed usual composure and ruthlessness to finish it out. Use of the long ball into square is interesting although didn't attempt it in second half possibly due to wind. It is good option to have. Keeps the opposition on their toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Your snide misogynistic remark aside I happen to care about the integrity of the game and I am a long time GAA supporter. This referee has besmirched Dublin's reputation and if there was a true Neutral unbiased referee in charge of tonights game I am certain Donegal would have shaded it. MacAuley and John Small should both have been sent off for red card offenses and once again McQuillan was the deciding factor as he is neither impartial, neutral or fair.

You are right, McQuillan was the deciding factor, he let too much of Donegal's pulling and dragging go right through the game, if he had been a bit stricter, Dublin would have won by far more.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dog_pig

LeoB wrote: »
    You missed the few Donegal lads niggling towards the end, when Dublin got last few scores one or two Donegal lads were too intent on the bad old stuff that got them a bad name. They missed vital tackles. Do you really care about the integrity of the game? If you do you should bemoan this niggly stuff that seems to follow Donegal around. Sometimes it is unfair on them but it happens.

The plus side from Donegal's point is they played some great ball when they went at it. Bonnar is hopefully a change from the last pair of managers.

Do you think the person you're replying to is from Donegal or something?

Take a breather there and gather yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

when Dublin got last few scores one or two Donegal lads were too intent on the bad old stuff that got them a bad name.

Defending?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ye gotta hand it to Gavin. With 10 minutes to go and one point up I"d have been thrown on a hape of defenders to protect the lead or plenty of forwards to push on.

In the end the players took control and won easily with 5 points to spare. I fancy Donegal however to pip Mayo for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod warning

Doltanian please desist from insinuating Joe McQuillan is DELIBERATELY seeking to be anything other than an impartial referee.Such a theory is without any foundation and very unfair on an amateur official.

To all posters any further name calling will result in the issuing of cards.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Mod warning

Doltanian please desist from insinuating Joe McQuillan is DELIBERATELY seeking to be anything other than an impartial referee.Such a theory is without any foundation and very unfair on an amateur official.

Kept busy today.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Mod warning

Bet you are sorry you took mod job now!

I apologise for my indiscretions which were tongue in cheek. Certain chaps would stat a row in the graveyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Other than being lashed on and hypothermia that was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in Croker. The former St James's Gaels man gave an exhibition in point scoring similar to McManus a few years back.

But the night wasn't just about McBreartys points, I remember a few years back (possibly a league semi) with Dublin leading by a big score, Donegal just said ****it and opened up their play committed men forward and for 10 odd minutes gave a fair indication if given their head they'd a lot of football in them - and it happened last night 2nd half.

They really didn't take a backwards step, they faced down Dublin. Every kickout was contested, and if they didn't get possession they pressed us inside our own 45, there was nothing easy last night. It'll be extremely harsh and a big loss if Donegal don't keep Div1 status based on their showings down in Killarney and Croker last night.

Needless to say I didn't see the MDMA incident from my perch on the hill, but in keeping with the night I saw him shake McLoones hand as he was being called ashore - all's well that ends well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Other than being lashed on and hypothermia that was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in Croker. The former St James's Gaels man gave an exhibition in point scoring similar to McManus a few years back.

But the night wasn't just about McBreartys points, I remember a few years back (possibly a league semi) with Dublin leading by a big score, Donegal just said ****it and opened up their play committed men forward and for 10 odd minutes gave a fair indication if given their head they'd a lot of football in them - and it happened last night 2nd half.

They really didn't take a backwards step, they faced down Dublin. Every kickout was contested, and if they didn't get possession they pressed us inside our own 45, there was nothing easy last night. It'll be extremely harsh and a big loss if Donegal don't keep Div1 status based on their showings down in Killarney and Croker last night.

Needless to say I didn't see the MDMA incident from my perch on the hill, but in keeping with the night I saw him shake McLoones hand as he was being called ashore - all's well that ends well

Some brilliant scores in the game alright. Fentons on the run from midfield and McBreartys when he turned COS inside out were the highlights.

Michael Murphys misses stole the show though didn't they.:D

Cillian O'Connor straight red against Galway.

Sounds like mad game. Anyway, he won't be playing on February 24.

Our chum MAM has decided elsewhere that Galway are cynical!

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Pair of them are absolute dirt... Amazed how they've got away with it for so long.

COC is the one player off that team I can't abide. Rest of them are decent enough chaps. Vaughan made a point of coming onto the pitch and shaking hands with as many Dubs last September. The other character was just sulking. The match in Castlebar could be interesting all the same! A win there would go long way to putting Dublin in the final, and leave Mayo fighting the drop.

I'd pay a subscription fee just to read his posts, comedy gold.
    The poor boy hasnt a clue about GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dont think that chap is from Mayo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭doc_17

Is Diarmuid Connolly injured? Or being rested?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

Also anyone know whats the story with Cormac Costello ?

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    Is Diarmuid Connolly injured? Or being rested?
    Also anyone know whats the story with Cormac Costello ?

Gavin will be on 'Garda Patrol' next week looking for those pair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement