Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's up for a Live Game - 11th June?

Options
  • 30-05-2017 6:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, MrsF & Grumpy have set a date for their game. I think we can squeeze a live game in before it - me and my fellow mods (Uriel. and MicksJaguar) were thinking of 11th June. Gives two weeks to recover until the next game, and doesn't clash with Digi's FB game either.

Please reply if interested?

I reckon we'll close it off at about 20 players (last game had 14).

Can the powers that be give us Admin access to the Backroom for our planning? If there's a way we can be blocked from MrsF & Grumpy's threads, and they blocked from ours, then all the better. If not, we'll just have to rely on the honour system not to check in each other's planning.

Playing:
    mahamageehad
    Necrominus
    gufc21
    Xaracatz
    A Neurotic
    EMF2010
    sullivlo
    MrsFlushdraw
    y0ssar1an22
    crosstownk
    Jayop
    avork
    Digital Solitude
    Drumpot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, MrsF & Grumpy have set a date for their game. I think we can squeeze a live game in before it - me and my fellow mods (Uriel. and MicksJaguar) were thinking of 11th June. Gives two weeks to recover until the next game, and doesn't clash with Digi's FB game either.

Can the powers that be give us Admin access to the Backroom for our planning? If there's a way we can be blocked from MrsF & Grumpy's threads, and they blocked from ours, then all the better. If not, we'll just have to rely on the honour system not to check in each other's planning.

I'm in, I need to check dates though. I'll confirm later. I already handed the backroom keys over to flush and grumpy, but should be possible to tweak permissions so ye can work there sepeerately!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm in for sure! Really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Noooooooooooooo!!!! I'm gonna miss this again! Can't believe it. There's a stupid family reunion thing happening for my husband's family. Ugh. Families are the worst. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Possible suggestion if it isn't too much trouble to grumpy and flush - set up a private room for the planning of this game and that's all ye have permission for so as not to spoil anything??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Count me out. Thats weekend doesnt suit but if its a week day id be game. Good luck guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Oh - I'd be in for that. Was saying I really need a week off work to play normally, so this should be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Yerra, g'wan so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah feck it, why not...I'm in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Should be able to have anon accounts on boards for this if you want?

I'm provisionally in also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooo!!!! I'm gonna miss this again! Can't believe it. There's a stupid family reunion thing happening for my husband's family. Ugh. Families are the worst. :mad:

Family schmamily!! - dump 'em and join us!

sullivlo wrote: »
    Should be able to have anon accounts on boards for this if you want?

I'm provisionally in also.

That could actually be interesting as meta reasons will probo be much more obvious in a short game. Although could also be too much work for a short game too on the other hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Necrominus wrote: »
    Possible suggestion if it isn't too much trouble to grumpy and flush - set up a private room for the planning of this game and that's all ye have permission for so as not to spoil anything??

Ah damn, I have already started working on this. Setting up a forum and adding accounts.

Should I stop then?

Oh and IN for the game LDO

(MrsF here sorry)

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Ah damn, I have already started working on this. Setting up a forum and adding accounts.

Should I stop then?

(MrsF here sorry)

Yes, we'll probably need access to all that first. We can share Admin rights though, so we can still plan our respective games, but any backrooms will be needed for our game first, I guess. Soz about that.

Can you change the settings (for me at least, I can then do Uriel & Mick) to Admin so? Thanks.

WerewolfGM wrote: »

Should I stop then?

(MrsF here sorry)

No, you should be able to set up a forum for Quick and whoever's co-modding and confine them to there with a permission group so they can't drop in on ye! Not sure if you're able to completely remove your permissions though from it, so you'll just have to avoid looking at theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Yes, we'll probably need access to all that first. We can share Admin rights though, so we can still plan our respective games, but any backrooms will be needed for our game first, I guess. Soz about that.

Can you change the settings (for me at least, I can then do Uriel & Mick) to Admin so? Thanks.
    No, you should be able to set up a forum for Quick and whoever's co-modding and confine them to there with a permission group so they can't drop in on ye! Not sure if you're able to completely remove your permissions though from it, so you'll just have to avoid looking at theirs!

I just added quick to be an admin, but I am not sure on the backroom, QB did that stuff for our game. We have only created the main forum which seems to have given itself a password and I didn't set it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The 11th looks good for me. Stick me down.

I assume it'll be an evening start?

crosstownk wrote: »
    I assume it'll be an evening start?

No idea :)

(yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

No idea :)

(yet)

Oh, OK. If it starts before 6pm then I might have a problem.

Although I can always catch up if I'm not dead by the time I join in.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Oh, OK. If it starts before 6pm then I might have a problem.

Although I can always catch up if I'm not dead by the time I join in.

I'm sure it'll be very similar to the last one, which started at 6pm. Whatever about my co-mods, I'm not too keen to reinvent the wheel with this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

In./

Will have to check 100% can I be available but for now I'm inski.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Thanks quick.

Im in

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭avork

Just started reading the previous last game thread - intense! I probably won't be able to play any of the next few games so a quick-fire evening sounds good. Having it anonymous would be better as accusations (at the beginning at least, I haven't read too far) seems to be mostly based on previous game behaviours?
    Hopefully I last longer than the first night this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Family schmamily!! - dump 'em and join us!

I can't!! I'm already in the dog house with the in-laws for ignoring them for most of the day of his graduation back in April for the anon game. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Would love to but I'm at a wedding :(

Someday I'll manage one!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What's the story with this game? Is it just a Condensed version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drumpot wrote: »

Basically, the last one had hour long days and 15 minute long nights I think. Whole thing lasts about 6 hours, but its intensive

Simpler rules and less roles too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Drumpot wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057699307

That's the last live game.

Basically the exact same as normal WW but played over about 6 hours. It's generally got more simple rules/roles as there's not much time in rounds to figure stuff out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Qb you sweetie I didn't realise this was planned with mine in mind :)

I'll sign up

Advertisement