Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWVIII The Live Game - Game Thread for Live Players Only!!

• 29-01-2017 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Welcome everyone to WWVIII The Live Game. I'm going to try to make the OP as short and concise as possible and have stripped back the rules below specifically for this game. The other standard rules apply but I want everyone to read the 6 rules below as they are very important for the success of the game. PM's with roles will be sent out early on Sunday a few hours before the game is due to start. This will give everyone who needs back forum access to check they can get in OK and everyone a chance to check things like Lynch forms.

The lynch form is located here https://goo.gl/forms/zPcxm8dLTkE4qr823

Roles
    3 Wolves -
    1 of whom is an Alpha and undetectable to the seer.
    1 Angel - Good team player who chooses one player to follow each night, if they happen to follow someone eaten by a wolf they will be told the identity of whichever wolf put in the kill order. They cannot follow themselves and they cannot follow the same person twice in a row. They can spot the Alpha should they have been the one to place the kill order.
    1 Seer - Can ask the moderator once per turn who they would like to check and they will be told the role of the player including the Angel, unless they check the Alpha in which case they will always be told they are an normal villager.
    9 Normal Villagers - Vote to decide who to lynch each night. Cannot post in any threads during night phase.
    There is no priest and the roles will be announced as each person dies.

The roled players can post in their own forums during the day and night phases. All actions will be completed at night including seer checks. No-one is allowed to post in the live game thread during the night or during the break. This is to allow the mods a chance to complete all the in game actions like kills, seer checks, angel follows, adding up the votes, changing dead room permissions. Please respect this as it's vital for the game.

The turn schedule is as follows. We'll try to follow this as religiously as possible but some of the early night phases may over run the 5 minutes as there is a lot to do in adding up the votes etc.

18.00 - 18.30 - Preturn
    18.30 - 18.35 - Night 1
    18.35 - 19.15 - Day 1
    19.15 - 19.20 - Night 2
    19.20 - 19.55 - Day 2
    19.55 - 20.00 - Night 3
    20.00 - 20.35 - Day 3
    20.35 - 20.40 - Night 4
    20.40 - 21.10 - Day 4
    21.10 - 21.40 - Break
    21.40 - 21.45 - Night 5
    21.45 - 22.15 - Day 5
    22.15 - 22.20 - Night 6
    22.20 - 22.50 - Day 6
    22.50 - 22.55 - Night 7
    22.55 - 23.25 - Day 7
    23.25 - 23.30 - Night 8
    23.30 - 00.00 - Day 8

Rules: Stripped back rules for this game so you can all read them.
    1. DO NOT POST IN THREAD DURING NIGHT PHASE OR DURING THE BREAK!! I understand that sometimes a post can be typed and posted after night phase is announced, that's fine once accidental, but repeated posting during the night phase will result in a mod kill.

2. Game starts with A pre-turn phase which will last until 6.30 then we will have night one which will have a wolf kill, a seer check and the angel can follow someone. Once the result of this has been posted the mod will end message with Day 1 begins and you may all post again if still alive.

3. Do not ever edit a post. If you hit the post reply button then live with it. Mod kills will be handed out to players who edit/delete posts.

4. Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

5. There are no hidden roles or challenges.

6. In the event of a tie in lynch votes, the person with the last vote cast against them will be lynched. Lynch results will be posted during the night phase.

Roster
    Barney92
    CrosstownK
    Max
    Ficheall
    Tigger
    QB
    Yossar
    Chagan
    GUFC
    Uriel
    MrsFD
    Vale
    Mahamageehad
    cee_jay
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

1st :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL 6PM!!!!

CHANGE TO OP. GRUMPY HADN'T CONFIRMED SHE WOULD PLAY AND I ASSUMED SHE HAD. MY BAD. NUMBERS REDUCED TO 14 IN TOTAL.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

1st :)

And its LIVE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

itts right at the peak of wolves to villys 14-3-10 so its gonna be at tough one

Asmodee version "The Werewolves of Millers' Hollow" recommend the following distribution:

Number of players Werewolves Villagers
    8 2 5
    9 2 6
    10 2 7
    11 2 8
    12 3 8
    13 3 9
    14 3 10
    15 3 11
    16 3 12
    17 3 13
    18 3 14

the night rules are very different there is no comming out as the seer or the angel just before the munch so if the angel catches a wolf they need to not die with the info

speaking of the angel i'm of course gonna do my usual follow me plea but this time id be happy that i might be followed cos they get info rather than the recent self protectin gaurdians

course that meansthe wolves wont munch me so the angel probably shouldnt follow me but whatever

i'm sure the wolves know to only use a normal to nominate and as the alph cant be peekd and we are at a starting of 10-3 this is gonn a be a serious tough ask so i'd say to the villagers that just because someone dissagrees with you does not make thenm a wolf

finally it occurs to me that the above is exactly what i woiuld post if i was the alpha

so watch out for the overlyhelpful

oh i'm a normal villager for whatever sauing tht is worth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

quickbeam wrote: »
    1st :)

ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Feel like we were all greyhounds waiting to start the race haha.

Let the games begin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Here we go again villagers.

I can see this being hectic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yeah, I've been so excited for the live game since it was announced! :)

• Advertisement

PRETURN WILL RUN UNTIL 6.30

ahem

Cheeky! Yours didn't count!:)

Tigger wrote: »

the night rules are very different there is no comming out as the seer or the angel just before the munch so if the angel catches a wolf they need to not die with the info

Good point. Seer needs to play things carefully tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm in a good mood after the tennis anyway, so hopefully that'll continue on with this game.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Cheeky! Yours didn't count!:)

neither does yopurs i think

each stage will be declared as far as i can see
    Mods can you clarify that night doesnt end till ye say etc?

Be fun to see how many posts Tiggs manges to get in, in 30 minues :P

neither does yopurs i think

It was after 6pm. And I bloody well made sure this time, that I didn't post too early like in last game!

Be fun to see how many posts Tiggs manges to get in, in 30 minues :P

well since my new resolution thing is to post less ****e it will be less then you'd think

<pours first beer >

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm in a good mood after the tennis anyway, so hopefully that'll continue on with this game.

Happy result for me too!

The only time this will happen with the amount of posts. Never again will our own Tigger be in a par with the majority.

Who hasn't posted yet? wolf in hiding :pac:

Tigger 2
    quickbeam 2
    y0ssar1an22 2
    crosstownk 2
    MrsFlushdraw 2
    Naomi Modern Glob 1
    Barney92 1
    mahamageehad 1

• Advertisement

well since my new resolution thing is to post less ****e it will be less then you'd think

<pours first beer >

Thinking of downing my diet coke and opening the wine! least it is 7.07pm for me which doesn't sound too bad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I am only coming to terms with how involved this one will be. Eeek. My whole evening will be timed around lynch times... I fear speed reading will be super overdrive...
    should be fun though :)

<pours first beer >

Maybe after the third or fourth beer your posting rate will go back to normal ;)

<also pours first beer>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Im just delighted i dont have a friendly villager role in this one. God the last one was though. So I'm not a rolled goodie, nor am i a wolf. Just a friendly neighbourhood villager. Yay, no responsibilities :D

Thinking of downing my diet coke and opening the wine! least it is 7.07pm for me which doesn't sound too bad lol
    its sunday
    and thats my funday

gufc21 wrote: »
    Im just delighted i dont have a friendly villager role in this one. God the last one was though. So I'm not a rolled goodie, nor am i a wolf. Just a friendly neighbourhood villager. Yay, no responsibilities :D

i'm sorry what?

Wolf. Right there, folks.

Lynch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

It's only 1 here so I might wait a while to crack into the beer. To either drown my sorrows or celebrate the village's victory.

So you are an unfriendly villager then? is that mean you REALLy are a wolf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

jebus, our first suss post of the game me thinks... :p

Advertisement