Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop the dead dolphin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Burst out laughing at the pic of the dolphin in the garden with the Cork IT logo underneath :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

State of these corkonian student oddbods. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them tried to have sexy times with poor old fungi

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where did they find the dead dolphin body is what I'm curious about the nearest beach is a 20/30 minute drive really strange thing to come across and then decide to bring it with you to a house party.

City is built on an estuary, could have swam in before it died. I remember a few orcas swam into Cork harbour in the early 2000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Unless they killed the dolphin themselves I don't think it's really an issue. Though it's definitely strange and I don't even want to imagine the smell of the thing.

They could probably have thrown the body back into the sea instead of dumping it out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Where did they get it from? I used to live in that same student accommodation complex. Nowhere near a beach! Near enough a river I guess.

Bit of an odd thing to do. Upset me a bit as I love dolphins! Imagine if it was a dog carcass. But I guess they didn't kill it. Still weird though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,629 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where did they find the dead dolphin body is what I'm curious about the nearest beach is a 20/30 minute drive really strange thing to come across and then decide to bring it with you to a house party.

Do K O' Connell fish mongers in English market sell dolphin :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mrs Windsor owns all the Dolphins in the UK.

So unless we repealed that particular law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I'd say they found it. I doubt they killed it on porpoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'd say they found it. I doubt they killed it on porpoise.

Nah, there just Fungis.

Fungis. Fun guys, geddit?

Where's my coat... :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

More immature, idiotic student antics.:rolleyes: Just how these prats got into college must puzzle many. Are some courses 25 points these days?

Poor dolphin.:( I can only imagine the gross stench. No amount of Febreze will shift that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Sounds like he got a good send off, reminds me of 'weekend at bernies'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was slightly disappointed that there wasn't a photo of a dolphin with a traffic cone on his head.

Unless they killed the dolphin themselves I don't think it's really an issue. Though it's definitely strange and I don't even want to imagine the smell of the thing.

They could probably have thrown the body back into the sea instead of dumping it out the window.

It's not an issue in the sense that it's not a serious crime, there's no animal cruelty, although it may be littering, or it may breach the conditions in a lease. But they can still be called out as being complete and utter morons, they dragged a dead dolphin around, obviously thought it was gas, circulated the pics...I presume both the IT and the landlord or management company in the apartment complex will be looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It's just a damn fish FFS.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's just a damn fish FFS.

Mammal actually. And a highly intelligent one at that. More intelligent than those eejits dancing around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a good few friends in Parchment Square but I lived in a different apartment complex. When I went their it would have being during the Recession but a lot(I'd say most) of the guys living their who lived in West Cork generally drove up on down to their accommodation.We used often go for drives down their. So, I can easily see how a few lads might have picked one up.When I was in college I remember I was finished my exams and returned home for a few days and we headed back up their to go on a night out before the lease expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

fryup wrote: »
    stupid behaviour all the same ...imagine the smell!!

The dolphin doesn't care about the smell of those students, it's dead. :)

Would there be the outrage if one of those filthy creatures was dancing with a halibut I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Those students should be shot and their families deported along with the gays and Muslims.

Thought I'd save everyone a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

so the numpties in CIT , found a dolphin and decided it would be a great idea to boogie with the fishes, my thoughts are with the fecker who had to sleep with the fish, I'm giving ten to one the public outcry will result in a good clean up of their plaice and a visit to the chippy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4549376/Students-dance-dead-DOLPHIN-horrific-photos.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

It's a mammal, not a fish.
    Go back to school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There's already a thread on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's made it to the newspaper of record.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    It's a mammal, not a fish.
    Go back to school.

this is after hours not the class room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Skyfarm wrote: »

Never miss an opportunity to impart knowledge or banish ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Every day's a school day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Cavorting around with a ripe, mouldering dolphin carcass, talk about dirty dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

School of Fish. Go back to class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Poor thing probably got separated from its herd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I know they didn't kill the dolphin (apparently) but that still doesn't make what they did right and I don't know why people are so determined to play it down.

Yes they were young and drunk but that doesn't absolve them of all responsibility - it was disgusting and idiotic thing to do, nothing less.

And if they didn't make a point of going to a pier or beach and killing the poor creature themselves where on earth did they get it? They were nowhere near a beach so they would have at least had to have a point of going to one surely.

Advertisement