Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 arminius

You can find them here: dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2991/15&SearchID=2
    The one Fada70 mentioned: dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00530997.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

on #16
    It is stated elsewhere as well....

Another interesting doc: dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00523879.pdf
    Table on page 33 contains House/Type/extension/attic_conversion/garden sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick74

kenco210 wrote: »
    I have no agenda. It has everything to do with this thread within the Drumcondra area and particularly Grace Park Wood. Have Savills confirmed the social houses will be mixed throughout the complex or segregated?

Yes, it sure is a part of life. Lest we forget the people next door that are paying huge money for houses, spending years saving and also paying large rent at the same time.

You seem quite obsessed about it. All of your posts on boards relate to social housing. Have you bought a house in Grace Park Wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭dubrov

Give the guy a break. He only had 2 posts about it 10 months apart.

Anyone who has purchased in Grace Park Wood or thinking about it would be interested in the answers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick74

Dubrov - the comment I responded to was this::
    Just with regards to this development, it seems there will be social housing just down the road on Richmond Road in a new apartment complex? Is there any concern around this and how it will be managed.
    Im not sure how social housing down on Richmond Road is relevant but this appears to be where Kenco has his issue.
    In terms of GPW, I will welcome all to GPW regardless of their socioeconomic status.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aranidirlíon

Has anyone from phase 2 signed contracts yet? Our solicitor sent a few queries to Byrne Wallace 2 weeks before Christmas but no responses received yet.

Also, it looks like a few people from Phase 1 have moved it or are in the middle of doing so at least - drove into the complex yesterday. Best of luck guys! Hope you are settling in nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Has anyone from phase 2 signed contracts yet? Our solicitor sent a few queries to Byrne Wallace 2 weeks before Christmas but no responses received yet.

Also, it looks like a few people from Phase 1 have moved it or are in the middle of doing so at least - drove into the complex yesterday. Best of luck guys! Hope you are settling in nicely.

Same here! Nothing back yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 webirina

Hi! Our solicitor received the reply today, so would assume you will get yours any day now. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LBSD

Hey All,

I have created a private Facebook group for residents to chat & ask questions etc. The group is called "Grace Park Wood Drumcondra", if you would like to join just let me know your name and house number so that we can try and keep it to residents.

Lou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Seaside9

Hi,

I was checking the following planning document mentioned by Fada70 and available here: dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00523879.pdf

It seems to suggest that Grace Park Row (part of Phase 2), which we always thought was a cul de sac, has pedestrian access to the laneway at the back of Child Vision which goes all the way to Grace Park road. Does anyone know if this will be a permanent open access? We've been told that the main entrance would be the only access to the estate, but there is a 3D rendering in the document above that clearly shows a pedestrian access (with bollards). There also seems to be another access going towards Philipsburg avenue. It is not clear in the planning documents or in any of the promotional material we've been given if these accesses will be open.

Does anyone have any more information about them?

Thanks.

Seaside9 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was checking the following planning document mentioned by Fada70 and available here: dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00523879.pdf

It seems to suggest that Grace Park Row (part of Phase 2), which we always thought was a cul de sac, has pedestrian access to the laneway at the back of Child Vision which goes all the way to Grace Park road. Does anyone know if this will be a permanent open access? We've been told that the main entrance would be the only access to the estate, but there is a 3D rendering in the document above that clearly shows a pedestrian access (with bollards). There also seems to be another access going towards Philipsburg avenue. It is not clear in the planning documents or in any of the promotional material we've been given if these accesses will be open.

Does anyone have any more information about them?

Thanks.

On the first one - good spot! I didn't realise there was access there (potentially). aranidirlíon mentioned above that Childvision might be in negotiation for the Apt Block close to there, so if that were the case then it might make sense.

I'm sceptical as to whether there will be access to Phillipsburgh Av, but I don't know for sure. I think the reason it's marked as yellow on the site plan is that the sewage pipes will go down there to link up on Richmond Rd. So that area does form part of the application. It's worth having a read of page 11 of the flood risk assessment doc, under Proposed Development.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Re pedestrian way, I believe there are loose plans for a greenway/pedestrian/cycleway all the way down behind rosmini, childvision and grace park wood, it’s a condition in the planning for rosmini also. The attached is from the rosmini approval conditions in August, I’m guessing there is something similar in grace park wood approvals.

copacetic wrote: »
    Re pedestrian way, I believe there are loose plans for a greenway/pedestrian/cycleway all the way down behind rosmini, childvision and grace park wood, it’s a condition in the planning for rosmini also. The attached is from the rosmini approval conditions in August, I’m guessing there is something similar in grace park wood approvals.

Cheers for that! Page 52 of this http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00650199.pdf has a map of various 'greenways' proposed for the Drumcondra area.

Here it seems to link up the very South East corner of the Grace Park Wood site with Phillipsburgh Av. via Griffith Court and also run down to Richmond Road.

A few drawings I got in the planning office. Figured I would throw it up here in case of interest.

First entry in the PPR - Congratulations!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carah

Is there any interest in people who have purchased in phase 2 of this development to set up an email distribution list to keep in touch in terms of signing contracts, timeline to closing and generally sharing information on the development?

Ignore my earlier post I see there is a Facebook page. Thanks!

LBSD wrote: »
    Hey All,

I have created a private Facebook group for residents to chat & ask questions etc. The group is called "Grace Park Wood Drumcondra", if you would like to join just let me know your name and house number so that we can try and keep it to residents.

Lou

Just sent a request there Hyland, 48 GP close

Any update on the snagging? We should be snagging ours in the next week or two hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Rang Castlethorn yesterday. They told me to ring Savills as they would have the details so I rang them. Savills have no update and said they would chase Castlethorn. I expressed my annoyance that no update was available from both EA and developer.
    Bought in Phase 1 with an expected move in date of February.

We're in exactly the same boat... Except when we signed the contracts it was a "November / December" closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EIC

arminius wrote: »
    We're in exactly the same boat... Except when we signed the contracts it was a "November / December" closing date.

I booked a hazel phase 1 and got a May closing date.

That's tough :-/

Received an email from Castlethorn today for snagging from February 5th (GP Grove).
    Could someone who has snagged within the development PM me a snagger and your experience?
    Thanks!

Great stuff AsianDub! Let us know how it went and what the snagger found. Cheers and good luck!

Does anybody know if it's possible to get optic fibre to the houses in GPW?

arminius wrote: »
    Great stuff AsianDub! Let us know how it went and what the snagger found. Cheers and good luck!

Does anybody know if it's possible to get optic fibre to the houses in GPW?

Brochure Spec mentions they're wired for Eir and Virgin Media if that helps

Any update AsianDub? We should be snagging this week. Anything in particular to look out for?

It was mostly cosmetic stuff like cleaning and repainting. Nothing serious. Snagger actually told me not to waste my money calling him back for a second snag.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks a mil and good luck moving in :)

Advertisement