Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 webirina

Hi everyone, sorry don't have the answers to previous questions, and have one of my own. 
    Has anyone carried out snagging and could recommend someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aranidirlíon

Rob MH wrote: »
    How are people hoping to manage three parking spaces split between two houses in some instances? Reckon you'd fit four cars in regardless? When we asked we were told there'd probably be parking available elsewhere in the estate, though no guarantee of that.

In the scenario above, I'm assuming one is dedicated per house and the third space in between is for visitors/first come first serve. There are 1.5 spaces in the development per property. A little concerned its going to be tight for parking!

It would be good if the management company issue some guidelines on parking to avoid any issues with visitor space usage. We only have one car so not a big issue for us, as long as our neighbour doesn't park a camper van in the visitor space beside us! :-)

The deep plan houses (The Elm / Blackthorn etc.) seem to have some space between the back of parked cars and the road so you might be able to double park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭dubrov

Each house will be assigned a parking space. Some get 1 and others get 2 (generally the more expensive ones get more spaces).
    It will be in your contract. The EA also should be able to tell you..

You should read the planning docs to get a feel for the whole development.
    If I recall correctly, there were only about 10 visitor spots for the whole estate but there were more assigned to the creche which I assume would be available in the evening and at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rob MH

dubrov wrote: »
    Each house will be assigned a parking space. Some get 1 and others get 2 (generally the more expensive ones get more spaces).

Possibly, but that's not what we were told at the open viewing. For some of the Elm properties, it's not entirely obvious who should get 2 vs 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭dubrov

I see what you mean.

I could make some wild guesses but only the EA will have the definitive information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 LeahH

All 3 beds only have 1 allocated space, 4/5 beds have 2 spaces allocated, all the rest are considered visitor spaces. I was told there was 45 visitor spaces in the development so based on 123 houses not including the apartments parking will be tight and I don't think any should assume that you will be able to park a 2nd car in a visitors space every day.
    Most managed developments will have a policy with regards to visitors spaces particularly when it is tight, where I am currently you have to register the car and are only allowed 2 days per week.

With regards to the attic conversion in the Elm, I'm looking to get clarity on it as well. I've asked my solicitor to query it, will post if I get any info

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Just in relation to parking. Having lived in another estate in Drumcondra with strict rules, if these are enforced here it will become a nightmare before long with cars getting clamped and contestant worrying about spaces. Hopefully the residents as members of the management committee will enforce a relaxed view. I think it would be to everyone’s benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 webirina

The EA told us there would be no creche. It is a requirement for developments over certain number of people living in them to have a creche, and GPW doesn't fall under that requirement (originally there was meant to be more houses/houses with more bedrooms).
    dubrov wrote: »

You should read the planning docs to get a feel for the whole development.
    If I recall correctly, there were only about 10 visitor spots for the whole estate but there were more assigned to the creche which I assume would be available in the evening and at weekends.

webirina wrote: »
    The EA told us there would be no creche. It is a requirement for developments over certain number of people living in them to have a creche, and GPW doesn't fall under that requirement (originally there was meant to be more houses/houses with more bedrooms).

Two apartment blocks south of the site were removed as part of the planning process. One of these included the creche at ground floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lazanater

Hi,

We are buying one of The Elms in Phase 2, but we have some unanswered questions. Wondering if anyone has found answers:

1. What is the garden size for the Elms in Grace Park Close, by comparison to the showhouse? An agent from Savills said they may be smaller on different parts of the site, depending on which house you buy? Haven't been able to get an answer on this at all.

2. Are the management company going to provide a secure bike shed as they are promoting healthy city living with reduced car parking! (This was Savills perspective, not mine!!)

3. Has the use of the two apartment complexes been confirmed? If so, what is the purpose of these units?

4. Will there be an access point to Philipsburgh Avenue from the development?

If anyone is any the wiser, please speak up :) Can't wait to move in and get going on the house decor! If anyone has any experiences of snagging to share from Phase 1 it would be hugely helpful.

L

Lazanater wrote: »
    Hi,

We are buying one of The Elms in Phase 2, but we have some unanswered questions. Wondering if anyone has found answers:

1. What is the garden size for the Elms in Grace Park Close, by comparison to the showhouse? An agent from Savills said they may be smaller on different parts of the site, depending on which house you buy? Haven't been able to get an answer on this at all.

2. Are the management company going to provide a secure bike shed as they are promoting healthy city living with reduced car parking! (This was Savills perspective, not mine!!)

3. Has the use of the two apartment complexes been confirmed? If so, what is the purpose of these units?

4. Will there be an access point to Philipsburgh Avenue from the development?

If anyone is any the wiser, please speak up :) Can't wait to move in and get going on the house decor! If anyone has any experiences of snagging to share from Phase 1 it would be hugely helpful.

L

Hi future neighbour! :)

1. The average size is about 70sqm for the Phase 2 Elms. The planning application has the exact size proposed for your house. See site plan here.

2. Developer only required to provide secure cycle parking for apartments. Don't know if the management company are going to provide additional secure parking. One to bring up with them directly or to propose at a residents meeting.

3. Last I heard ... both blocks going to be allocated to social housing. However, ChildVision were in discussion with the developer for the block beside us (north of site) - would still be considered social housing.

4. No access to Philipsburgh Avenue.

Hi future neighbour! :)
    Hurray I found one of my neighbours. Off to a great start!

1. The average size is about 70sqm for the Phase 2 Elms. The planning application has the exact size proposed for your house. See site plan .
    *Do you know what size garden the Showhouse for the Elm was? (That's my benchmark!)

2. Developer only required to provide secure cycle parking for apartments. Don't know if the management company are going to provide additional secure parking. One to bring up with them directly or to propose at a residents meeting.
    *Good idea! It would be hugely helpful if it was available. Avoid dragging bikes into the house and the wear and tear..

3. Last I heard ... both blocks going to be allocated to social housing. However, ChildVision were in discussion with the developer for the block beside us (north of site) - would still be considered social housing.
    *OK

4. No access to Philipsburgh Avenue.
    *Is this confirmed? At the viewings I heard an access route is planned for Phase 3 down at the other end of the street...would be v handy...

*Is this confirmed? At the viewings I heard an access route is planned for Phase 3 down at the other end of the street...would be v handy...

Reading the planning details, the developer referred to a future potential access link but they didn't seem to be looking for permission to create one. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

That's the bloody problem! You'd probably have people using it to go from Marino <-> Drumcondra as a shortcut. Not just residents.

Just eyeballing it on Google Maps the only way of a link up with Philipsburgh Av. would be through Griffith Court I'd have thought, and I doubt the residents there would stand for it.

*Do you know what size garden the Showhouse for the Elm was? (That's my benchmark!)

The show house garden is basically the same size as the Elm houses on the close.

Thanks a million for your helpful answers!

You mentioned the average size is about 70sqm for the Phase 2 Elms. *Do you know what size the garden in the Showhouse for the Elm was? (That's my benchmark!)

Thanks again! L

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Thanks a million for your helpful answers!

You mentioned the average size is about 70sqm for the Phase 2 Elms. *Do you know what size the garden in the Showhouse for the Elm was? (That's my benchmark!)

Thanks again! L

Going off the site plan, and if the showhouse you're referring to is the one that was labelled on the brochure, 70sq m.

Just on that site plan, that's not the final one. For example it still has the extra 2 apt blocks and a couple of houses in the SE corner of the estate which are not being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kenco210

Just with regards to this development, it seems there will be social housing just down the road on Richmond Road in a new apartment complex? Is there any concern around this and how it will be managed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick74

kenco210 wrote: »
    Just with regards to this development, it seems there will be social housing just down the road on Richmond Road in a new apartment complex? Is there any concern around this and how it will be managed?

This has nothing to do with this thread. I can see from your previous post you obvs have an agenda. Social housing is a part of life and part of gracepark wood. Get over it.

• Advertisement

mick74 wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with this thread. I can see from your previous post you obvs have an agenda. Social housing is a part of life and part of gracepark wood. Get over it.

I have no agenda. It has everything to do with this thread within the Drumcondra area and particularly Grace Park Wood. Have Savills confirmed the social houses will be mixed throughout the complex or segregated?

Yes, it sure is a part of life. Lest we forget the people next door that are paying huge money for houses, spending years saving and also paying large rent at the same time.

kenco210 wrote: »
    I have no agenda. It has everything to do with this thread within the Drumcondra area and particularly Grace Park Wood. Have Savills confirmed the social houses will be mixed throughout the complex or segregated?

Yes, it sure is a part of life. Lest we forget the people next door that are paying huge money for houses, spending years saving and also paying large rent at the same time.

I believe the properties allocated to social housing are the two apartment blocks.

I believe the properties allocated to social housing are the two apartment blocks.

Thanks for letting me know. I have no issue with social housing but that is the exact reason why it doesn't work. Not fair on all actors in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

kceire wrote: »
    It depends on the parent Planning Application.
    Normally it would be exempted development, but in many new estates where density is already at the max, there will be a condition that de-exempts the exemptions.

It would appear that this development doesn't carry this condition, but you'd have to satisfy yourself that its ok, or engage someone to advise.

Plan Ref is 2991/15.

Just checked the PP-related documents... it turns out there is a condition (Cond 5 in 00530997.pdf) that limits development.
    It states:
    Notwithstanding the provisions of Schedule 2, Part 1 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2010, no extensions, garages, stores, offices or similar structures, shall be erected without the prior grant of planning permission. This exempt development restriction does not include domestic extensions as detailed and applied for as part of the adaptable housing model withing this planning permission.

I think Types T01, T03 & T04 can be extended without a PP.

Does anyone know if all house types are the same externally -eg are all Ash houses going to be the yellow brick or could they both be yellow or red?

manniot2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if all house types are the same externally -eg are all Ash houses going to be the yellow brick or could they both be yellow or red?

Hi, all houses on Grace Park Way and Grace Park Close will be red brick. All houses on Grace Park Row & Grove are yellow brick.

We bought an Elm and didn’t know it would be red brick until I read the planning application documentation!

Savills told us it would be yellow brick. They obviously lied again. Would you have a link to the planning application documentation where you read this? Thanks for the help

manniot2 wrote: »
    Savills told us it would be yellow brick. They obviously lied again. Would you have a link to the planning application documentation where you read this? Thanks for the help

Apologies, my statement wasn't 100% correct. Please see brick plan attached. Some streets have both types.

Thanks. Yep they lied to us and we foolishly took their word for it.

• Advertisement

Fada70, if you get a chance can you post a link to the planning document on extensions as mentioned
    Thanks

Advertisement