Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Cornell Dead @ 52

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow... RIP. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This was denied yesterday, said it was a hoax, now I'm hoping the news people have picked up on this hoax and it's all a load of bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

scudzilla wrote: »
    This was denied yesterday, said it was a hoax, now I'm hoping the news people have picked up on this hoax and it's all a load of bollocks
    It's apparently been confirmed by "his representative" is what all the news sites are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Balls.

RIP

• Subscribers Posts: 41,850 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Damn
    Way too soon!

Temple of the dog will be no more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Can't believe this, went to see him last year in the Olympia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I hope this isn't the start of another run of great artists leaving us.

Too soon, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Bloody hell, that is a shocker...too young...great voice:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wtf , shocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Rip....Shocked as I was a huge fan....Amazing voice and way to soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

Superunknown, Down on the Upside, Euphoria Morning and Audioslave's first album really got me through some tough times.

Christ this is tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gutted about this one, what a voice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Bus Boy

RIP Chris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭brevity

Very young...such a shame. I remember listening to a lot of Soundgarden in my teens and early twenties.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Wow... Just wow... genuinely shocked. RIP Chris, you had a huge influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Listening to UltramegaOK this morning. Never gave it enough credit back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Looked ageless, presumed he'd die an old man. Snuffed out at 52, dayum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What utterly horrible news. He will be sorely missed but he left us some legacy of sound.
    RIP Chris

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jesus, that's outta nowhere :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

RIP. Sound track of my twenties (and not much older than me :()

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just terrible news, a real icon has been lost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just gutted. His finest moment for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Terrible news, he had an amazing voice, RIP Chris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Amazing voice ,arguably best actual Singer in a Rock Band of all time
    This song was always my favorite of his , also possibly had the best ever Bond song with Know my Name

fluke wrote: »
    Superunknown, Down on the Upside, Euphoria Morning and Audioslave's first album really got me through some tough times.

Christ this is tough.

How could I forget about Temple of the Dog, not to mention his soundtrack contributions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

F*ck.

Ah b*llocks.

Sh*t news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

I cant believe this sh1t saw Chris a few years ago superb

• Advertisement

fluke wrote: »
    How could I forget about Temple of the Dog, not to mention his soundtrack contributions.

His best work was on temple of the dog tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Really dreadful news. Devastating for his family and friends. The man was supremely talented. He had the balls to go outside his comfort zone and while it didn't always work out, he deserves huge credit for his achievements over the years.

If there's one song that encapsulates Soundgarden for me it's this one. An absolute beast of a song from an album on which they were at the zenith of their powers. Btw I'm not for one second implying that his death was a sucide, the word just happens to be in the song title. RIP Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Waara Rex

Very sad. Can't believe it. RIP Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

I was actually listening to "Rowing" by Soundgarden when I got a push notification on my phone about the news.

"Don't know where I'm going, I just keep on rowing."

I saw him for the first time in the Olympia last year. Unfortunately, it would also be my last...:(

I wished to see Soundgarden live some day but now it will never happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Lucky enough to see him live twice (solo and with soundgarden) , what an amazing talent and gifted songwriter.
    Probably the best voice in rock.
    Such a huge part of my teenage years, too many good tunes to mention.
    Huge loss to music.
    Condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP Chris
    Thanks for the music..
    A sad sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Spent a car journey 2 days ago getting a family member into audioslave.

Too soon, RIP to one of the greatest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

RIP Chris. Great Voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

scudzilla wrote: »

I never heard about the hoax yesterday, he tweeted 11 hours ago (7 hours ago when i first hear it, which for some reason made it seem even weirder).

https://twitter.com/chriscornell

very sad R.I.P. Amazing artist and singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Very sad day.
    All we have left now are Vedder, Homme and Grohl.
    He was such an intelligent musician in the way he didn't try to change Soundgardens unique sound. When he needed solo releases he went and did it with his own slant.
    Audioslave were a breath of fresh air when they came along at a time when rock was suffering with a lack of new talent post grunge.

Remember his solo warm up for Aerosmith in Marlay Park in 07 I think, his voice immaculate.
    Saw Soundgarden in the point on their last visit but knew what to expect as a band, Cornell was still great as always though.

Grew up hooked on the down on the upside album, great music.

The differences between seasons/say hello to heaven and try Cobb/rusty cage show his range.
    Some loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

His wife called the hotel to get them to check on him and his body was found with something round his neck. Being reported as a possible suicide. That doesn't make much sense. I really hope it isn't that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Caught completely off guard by this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Desperately sad. Absolutely loved his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA9vLHZFrcs

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bushmanpm

RIP dude
    Tragically ironic considering that today is the 37th anniversary of Ian Curtis going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No one should have to read news like this, probably the greatest voice in rock IMO.

Saw Audioslave twice and each time was off the charts amazing, this mans voice had it all, and it was only matched by his immense skill and presence on stage.

Properly upset about this one, iconic doesn't do him justice and he is gone too soon.

Goodnight, Chris Cornell.

Gintonious wrote: »
    No one should have to read news like this, probably the greatest voice in rock IMO.

Saw Audioslave twice and each time was off the charts amazing, this mans voice had it all, and it was only matched by his immense skill and presence on stage.

Properly upset about this one, iconic doesn't do him justice and he is gone too soon.

Goodnight, Chris Cornell.

I thought about this today. I saw him twice solo, twice with Audioslave, and twice with the reformed Soundgarden. A professional with a keen sense of humour.

Very sad day.
    All we have left now are Vedder, Homme and Grohl.
    He was such an intelligent musician in the way he didn't try to change Soundgardens unique sound. When he needed solo releases he went and did it with his own slant.
    Audioslave were a breath of fresh air when they came along at a time when rock was suffering with a lack of new talent post grunge.

Remember his solo warm up for Aerosmith in Marlay Park in 07 I think, his voice immaculate.
    Saw Soundgarden in the point on their last visit but knew what to expect as a band, Cornell was still great as always though.

Grew up hooked on the down on the upside album, great music.

The differences between seasons/say hello to heaven and try Cobb/rusty cage show his range.
    Some loss.

Great post, sums up my own feelings and I'm sure the feelings of many fans feeling his loss today. And then there's the loss those who knew him and loved him personally are feeling, my condolences to those.

I loved his voice from the first time I heard it, it was the standard of what a rock voice should be for me and I can't see that changing. I often laughed in the past thinking that if I was born with the voice of Cornell, I'd find it hard not to just walk around singing in everyday life instead of talking.
    david75 wrote: »
    His wife called the hotel to get them to check on him and his body was found with something round his neck. Being reported as a possible suicide. That doesn't make much sense. I really hope it isn't that.

Whatever happened, it's a very sad end. Just like Prince last year - No matter what heights you hit in life, no matter how perfect your life is perceived to be through a lens, we're all fighting our own battle and are as likely to die alone in an elevator or a hotel room en-suite as each other.

RIP Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Suicide according to the link and headline but don't give them the clicks , no where in that article does it say anything different to any other agency. Only in the headline does it mention "killed himself"

• Advertisement
Advertisement