Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Witcher - Netflix **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

81316518_162334035104818_3129258514111791104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQmppEbNI3Kht9gbdUGd3jNDvBu87BcRjhctI0hlNbMOfFFjuVD9V_VB-Xtsi051V8Q&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6e34bca9a80422d6346ea6f671e8de1f&oe=5E988737

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Kinda works...

also:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Just waiting for Leo Moracchioli or Rob Lundgren to do a metal version now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Just waiting for Leo Moracchioli or Rob Lundgren to do a metal version now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Loved the Dan Vasc version

Not bad, but those songs would be better without the overdriven guitar and screaming voice :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Not bad, but those songs would be better without the overdriven guitar and screaming voice

Take that back :)

I felt like the Dan Vasc version would be right at home playing aways as the title song for a bond movie, had that kinda vibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Slydice wrote: »

Especially pertinent to me given I was watching with subtitles.

noodler wrote: »
    Especially pertinent to me given I was watching with subtitles.

I almost live by subtitles these days! Sometimes they have stuff I miss or translations not shown to the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Venom wrote: »

F**k that ****, there's already a metal anthem for the Witcher.

There'll be a bleedin anthology of Witcher metal at this rate.

Venom wrote: »

There it is :)

fritzelly wrote: »
    Loved the Dan Vasc version
    Reminds me a bit of Bruce Dickinson, especially when he goes high. Dude has a great voice.

Not bad, but those songs would be better without the overdriven guitar and screaming voice :P
    Shush you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thread's getting a lil bit nerdy now :p

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118789918a047e82493634009f9d8a4048585349ae&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

I must be the only one who watched that episode and thought the song was completely forgettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Relikk wrote: »
    I must be the only one who watched that episode and thought the song was completely forgettable.

Who are you again?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You aren't.

Can't understand the fuss at all.

THe song passed me by at the time, but listening to it back, I love it. The original version and not those metal versions that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

You aren't.

I wouldn't call it a musical masterpiece but I definitely found it catchy and it stuck in my head. Toss a coin.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You aren't.

It's an earworm of a tune, that's all. Not a masterwork, just a composition that easily slips into your brain. Obviously not in all cases, but definitely has had that effect on folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

You aren't.

To top it all off there are metal covers of it. There's nothing worse than metal covers, of anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

To top it all off there's metal covers of it. There's nothing worse than metal covers, of anything.

Yes, there is. Rap covers... *shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Slydice wrote: »
    Kinda works...

also:

The guy with the long hair is gorgeous.

Several great metal covers of songs, people have different tastes in music..

Finally finished it tonight, roll on season 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 4 and still confused but broadly entertained. Still the same complaints too, in that it throws these concepts into the narrative without warning and as throwaway parts of conversation - the whole
    law of surprises
    left the viewer to work out the ramifications. Maybe I'm just slow on the uptick but this show has a strong need to occasionally rewind to hear again what was said.

Am liking just how visceral and ugly magic is, emphasising how forced it must be for humans to even cast it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Finished it there. I hadn't gone near The Witcher games, but the series has got me into The Witcher 3 and it's awesome. So the flywheel effect is working for the IP.

I really enjoyed the series, the concepts and even it making you do some work to understand parts of it. A fresh take on a lot of different fantasy elements.

What I didn't enjoy was basically the series ending on an ellipsis. I hate it when creators do this. Tell a contained story and give us a serious payoff in each season whilst setting up the next. All this did was feel like it ended 2 or 3 episodes short of a full deck, and come back next season in 2021 folks! This is particularly troublesome in the age of Netflix, when they cancel shows with little warning (though this won't happen in The Witcher's case, thankfully, for season 2.) So the payoff at the end wasn't satisfactory and meant Season 1 felt a bit like a prologue to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mark Hamill is being linked with season two.

I think that would be an awesome casting anyone who saw him in Knightfall season 2 will get how he would fit in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

wife and I started on this a few nights ago. We knew nothing about this show and were about to give up after ep 2 as it seemed a bit all over the shop and we guessed there was a lot of flying through storylines that we assumed was were easier to understand if you read the books.

Stuck with it and finished ep 4 last night. Third timeline was introduced (as far as we could tell)
    with Duny the hedgehog guy and his marriage to Pavetta.

not a bad show, just have to get over the first couple of confusing episodes if you know nothing about it.

Advertisement