Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill Your Babies - PS1 Edition 1.0

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and start a Super Nintendo thread if that's okay with everyone?

As long as you include Axelay, Contra 3, Wild Guns and Earthbound and leave out Sunset Riders!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As long as you include Axelay, Contra 3, Wild Guns and Earthbound and leave out Sunset Riders!

Earthbound won't be there, only including games released in EU at the time

Edit : here it is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057742750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Silent hill needs to win this. It was the game that made me realise that games could be scary in a way that movies no longer were. My nephew used to enjoy watching me playing it as I'd be on the edge of my seat and would jump at the slightest noise. He used to think it was hilarious. In fact, it is probably the game that really contributed to my love of modern gaming and for that reason alone is the winner.

And GT is a car game FFS. It shouldn't have made it this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Silent hill needs to win this. It was the game that made me realise that games could be scary in a way that movies no longer were. My nephew used to enjoy watching me playing it as I'd be on the edge of my seat and would jump at the slightest noise. He used to think it was hilarious. In fact, it is probably the game that really contributed to my love of modern gaming and for that reason alone is the winner.

And GT is a car game FFS. It shouldn't have made it this far!

GT2 Is one of the best games ever made ye little billix. I put ungodly amount of hours into this game and I don't even play racing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Poll results are hidden.. ohhh tension..

All i'm gonna say is... It's close... Very close...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd take ridge racer type 4 over it. At least that game was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Poll doesn't finish until monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Axe Gran Turismo 2. I will lose faith in all of you if that wins over the likes of SH, RE2 or SOTN. If it were up to me, GT2 would have bust tyres ages ago :P
    Why didn't you kill it when you had the chance then? The whole point of the game. Can't complain if ye didn't participate:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Silent Hill 2 is just incredible, Silent Hill less so....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yay! Silent Hill won!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unexpected games in the finale, and a clear winner in the end. And well deserving of it. Yeah, didn't age good at all, but i can still remember the pants wetting terror i experienced the first time i played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Unexpected games in the finale, and a clear winner in the end. And well deserving of it. Yeah, didn't age good at all, but i can still remember the pants wetting terror i experienced the first time i played it.

I still found it a very enjoyable to play. Definitely aged better in my eyes than the likes of the original Wipeout or the Crash Bandicoot games that I played recently. It almost has the feel of a homage indie title like Lone Survivor these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Well I'm glad sense prevailed in the end. Good result lads and truly deserving winner.

Silent Hill was a fantastic game. For myself anyway it was one of those series of games that made the decision for me whether or not to upgrade a console. Without the original there would have been no part 2. Shame what happened from The Room upwards though I still played the rest and probably will play any others that might get released in the future.

Advertisement