Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Blood @ The 3 Arena 26/11/17

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I would advise anyone going to get there early to see Black Honey, they are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

A mate won tickets to RB, so delighted to be going along. Missed them at Slane while hiding from the rain so have been on my to do list.

Anyone hazard a guess at some stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Doors: 18.00pm

Black Honey: 19.00pm

ATDI: 20.00pm

Royal Blood: 21.00pm

**All times are subject to change**

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Slightly off topic but how much is a pint in the bars? Havnt been in there in a good while.

And do they take cards? Heard tons of fons +wallets got nicked in uk so may have to hide currency on my person!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Pretty sure it's €7 for a Heineken and €6.50 for a pint of Murphy's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Slightly off topic but how much is a pint in the bars? Havnt been in there in a good while.

And do they take cards? Heard tons of fons +wallets got nicked in uk so may have to hide currency on my person!!

They accept card payments in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Dragged myself out of a sick bed to come down. Hope the alcohol and a blistering gig works its magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

The boys were sensational tonight. Shades of Zep, Prince and The Who. Loved the screechy segues between the tracks.

Good mix of ages in the crowd.

Anyone complaining about the sound tonight go to Bonavox first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had seen them twice before, at Slane and the academy a few years back. That was far better than either. The stage setup and light show were perfect, some eye candy on backing vocals didn't hurt either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Tremendous show from Royal Blood. Mike is turning into a great frontman and Ben is some drummer. Agree with above, the lovely backing singers didn't hurt either.

Thought Black Honey were decent too.

As for At The Drive In. Pure class. Thought they probably went over the heads of a lot if the crowd. My teenage son was with me and his jaw dropped when they got going. I was smiling all the way through their set. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

One of the best gigs I've seen. For a 2 piece they are outstanding and make some serious noise. Absolutely electric. I've seen people say that they could be glastonbury headliners in 2/3 years time and after tonight I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Next time they play the 3arena theres no way that the seating gets cut back like it did tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Tremendous show from Royal Blood. Mike is turning into a great frontman and Ben is some drummer. Agree with above, the lovely backing singers didn't hurt either.

Thought Black Honey were decent too.

As for At The Drive In. Pure class. Thought they probably went over the heads of a lot if the crowd. My teenage son was with me and his jaw dropped when they got going. I was smiling all the way through their set. Brilliant.

Brilliant show! Missed black honey unfortunately, but At the Drive-In were insane! I think some of the crowd definitely didn't "get" them, but they were superb! Cedric has to be one of the best front men I've ever seen. I think they were more energetic in Vicar St last year, but still a fantastic energy packed set!

Royal Blood themselves were top class! I have the hipster card in my back pocket having seen them in the workman's all those years ago, but they have gone from strength to strength every time I've seen them. Top class stage and production, and everything was so tight (not just the backup singers outfits)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Could not fault a single thing last night, fantastic stuff altogether!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cracking performance, very impressive.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Overheard at concert-
    "Whats this band called again?"
    "At the drive in"
    "Are they Irish?"
    "Yeah I think so......"

ATDI were unreal, said to my friend they would be a tough act to follow but RB didnt disappoint. A great night of music, atmosphere was amazing, great buzz of the crowd. Got caught up in afew moshpits too! Best bit was when Ben hit the big cymbal with that flaming torch!!!

Advertisement